Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Its ok to play field position and have Alex Smith throwing safe and checkdown passes for 200 yards and beating Fitzpatrick and Oakland deep in the 4th, but that won't cut it against playoff caliber teams.

The Chiefs are winning ugly. Winning is all that matters if you want a playoff spot, but there's nothing to suggest that KC can beat the better teams on their schedule, especially Denver, and challenge for the division.

How quickly we forget our first SB run. They won the division that yearplaying how they are now amd we were the wild card team.
    If they beat us, so what?
    I'd rather win 10 games and win a Super Bowl than win 14 and be bounced in the playoffs

KC is playing great defense right now. Ironically, this Chiefs team reminds me of the Chiefs from the Schottenheimer era. They're playing good defense, solid QB play, good running game and they create a lot of turnovers.

The reason the Chiefs are 6-0 right now is their ability to get turnovers. Remove half of the takeaways they've gotten this year and they're a 2-4 team, 3-3 at best.

They are a good team and will be a big test for us. As long as we limit and/or don't commit turnovers, they're not beating us, period.
    Last edited by Mantheyman; 10-14-2013 at 12:53 PM.

I seen GC crawled out of a dark dank corner and is back on the board...welcome

however I don't feel the need to be fearing the chiefs

sure the defense is good...but it isn't a elite defense like the old ravens or bears
    and when you weigh the good KC defense against a record breaking bronco offense..ill go with the offense of Denver winning that battle
    of course things could get hairy with the oline in regards to franklin

then on opposite sides...the denver defense is looks bad...but I also factor in the fact we are without von miller, Phillips and ayers are good pass rushers...von is great, and if he's rushing on passing downs he is a force that frees up the other side, then I look at losing woodyard in the cowboys game and what that did to the defense...paris lennon is not even close to woodyard in defensive worth, and add losing a starting cb in harris, who would have lined up in the slot with blackman...you can see a huge dropoff

all those guys will be back for the chiefs game, I don't think it makes us a top 5 defense, but we don't have to be against alex smith...take away the run game and put the game in his hands and his anemic, play it safe game management and have the chiefs fall behind means disaster for the chiefs offense

no think either team could win...but I give the edge to the broncos

Quote Originally Posted by 9erEmpire View Post
    I know they had like 6 or 7 guys that were in the Pro Bowl last year. They had some injuries and a crappy QB last year too.

This year they brought in Andy Reid and they are actually looking like a competent team. Their defense is going to be great. Their special teams aren't too bad, they have a direction now.

Most importantly, they now have a quarterback in Alex Smith. Who, in my opinion, is the best QB in this league for the past 2 years, going off of rating and wins. The man is just a winner. I think the Chiefs is Denver's threat in the division.

How do you guys think you stack up against the Chiefs?
    Alex Smith? This was meant as a facetious comment, right?

I hope we both go undefeated till that game. That would be one heck of a showdown!
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I seen GC crawled out of a dark dank corner and is back on the board...welcome
    My hiatus has been much more due to moving a couple times and being busy planning a wedding, as you recall I was one of the only Chief's fans here last year (on and off) for the horrid season.

But I see you are still speaking arrogantly on the board. Thanks for the welcome.

however I don't feel the need to be fearing the chiefs

sure the defense is good...but it isn't a elite defense like the old ravens or bears
    and when you weigh the good KC defense against a record breaking bronco offense..ill go with the offense of Denver winning that battle
    of course things could get hairy with the oline in regards to franklin
    Best defense vs the best offense, either one can win the matchup. If you aren't scared of KC's defense, then what defense are you scared of? If that's the case, you should have your life savings riding on Denver to win the SB because not many teams have a defense as capable as ours in the current state.

then on opposite sides...the denver defense is looks bad...but I also factor in the fact we are without von miller, Phillips and ayers are good pass rushers...von is great, and if he's rushing on passing downs he is a force that frees up the other side, then I look at losing woodyard in the cowboys game and what that did to the defense...paris lennon is not even close to woodyard in defensive worth, and add losing a starting cb in harris, who would have lined up in the slot with blackman...you can see a huge dropoff

all those guys will be back for the chiefs game, I don't think it makes us a top 5 defense, but we don't have to be against alex smith...take away the run game and put the game in his hands and his anemic, play it safe game management and have the chiefs fall behind means disaster for the chiefs offense

no think either team could win...but I give the edge to the broncos
    If you think either team could win, how are you not the slightest bit scared of KC beating Denver? That kind of seems like an oxymoron, does it not? Playing Jax is a reason not to be scared, or SD, ect.. Outside of the "Any Given Sunday" addage, they have no chance. An "either team could win" game would be worrying about them.

I'm still going with a 1-1 split this year barring major injuries to either team.
    Last edited by GridironChamp; 10-14-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I came into this thread because I saw that you posted. Wow. Long time no see! :wave:

We're going to beat the Chiefs though, I'm not worried
    Howdy, yes it has. Nice to see your still here!

We shall see, Arrowhead will be loud for that second game!
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    My hiatus has been much more due to moving a couple times and being busy planning a wedding, as you recall I was one of the only Chief's fans here last year (on and off) for the horrid season.

But I see you are still speaking arrogantly on the board. Thanks for the welcome.

Best defense vs the best offense, either one can win the matchup. If you aren't scared of KC's defense, then what defense are you scared of? If that's the case, you should have your life savings riding on Denver to win the SB because not many teams have a defense as capable as ours in the current state.

If you think either team could win, how are you not the slightest bit scared of KC beating Denver? That kind of seems like an oxymoron, does it not? Playing Jax is a reason not to be scared, or SD, ect.. Outside of the "Any Given Sunday" addage, they have no chance. An "either team could win" game would be worrying about them.

I'm still going with a 1-1 split this year barring major injuries to either team.
    For one, there's no reason for fans to worry about a football game. Scared is certainly too strong a word (or emotion) to carry into watching sports.

Kansas City has a solid defense this year; perhaps the best. Denver's offense is historic, however, and they will score. The concern for the Chiefs is the fact that, if it comes down to it, Alex Smith will never keep pace. No matter how bad Denver's pass defense has been, Alex Smith isn't going to keep pace with Peyton Manning, and the Chiefs defense isn't enough to make up that difference.

Denver's defense is #1 against the run, both in total yards, and yards per carry. They will shut the Chiefs ground game down and force Smith to complete 3rd and long, and generally beat Denver with his arm. He doesn't have a reliable tight end right now, and he's afraid to throw farther than 10 yards to make use of Dwayne Bowe. Kansas City will suffer a lot of 3-and-outs, and Manning will beat out that defense eventually.

The first game will be in Denver, and regardless of whether both teams are still unbeaten at that point, it will be a rocking atmosphere. Should Denver win that one, I don't buy that Arrowhead will make a difference in round 2. There's a chance things are still tight enough that Denver will want to bury the Chiefs and secure the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    For one, there's no reason for fans to worry about a football game. Scared is certainly too strong a word (or emotion) to carry into watching sports.

Kansas City has a solid defense this year; perhaps the best. Denver's offense is historic, however, and they will score. The concern for the Chiefs is the fact that, if it comes down to it, Alex Smith will never keep pace. No matter how bad Denver's pass defense has been, Alex Smith isn't going to keep pace with Peyton Manning, and the Chiefs defense isn't enough to make up that difference.

Denver's defense is #1 against the run, both in total yards, and yards per carry. They will shut the Chiefs ground game down and force Smith to complete 3rd and long, and generally beat Denver with his arm. He doesn't have a reliable tight end right now, and he's afraid to throw farther than 10 yards to make use of Dwayne Bowe. Kansas City will suffer a lot of 3-and-outs, and Manning will beat out that defense eventually.

The first game will be in Denver, and regardless of whether both teams are still unbeaten at that point, it will be a rocking atmosphere. Should Denver win that one, I don't buy that Arrowhead will make a difference in round 2. There's a chance things are still tight enough that Denver will want to bury the Chiefs and secure the division.
    Alex Smith once kept pace with Drew Brees. He can beat you with his arm. Depends on who he has at WR and TE tho

Of course Alex Smith can't keep pace with Manning. That is obvious. Does the player exist that can? But....Alex Smith + Special Teams + A scoring and turnover causing Defense CAN keep pace with Manning. The Chiefs need the entire team or the vast majority of the team playing well. They need a good game plan from their coaches. If one member goes down they can usually cover and still do well. What would happen to the Broncos if Manning went down? That's the way I look at these two teams. The Chiefs are relying on many.....the Broncos on one. Yes I know the Broncos have many good players and they are a good team....but Manning is not just a good QB....he is leader and he holds that team together. I don't think the Broncos would go win-less if they lost Manning....but they would lose a few. The Chiefs have been fighting injury's all year and yet they have enough depth and play makers to get the job done. The offense is certainly not the reason they are 6-0. To be honest I wonder how long they can keep it up though without the offense scoring more. That is where they need to improve. They need to trade for a receiver now...maybe a tight end.

Fisher has struggled, do you think he can slow down von? When Smith starts to feel pressure he'll struggle like every other qb. We're 9th in sacks without von so doubling von won't necessarily be the answer. Will McCluster outplay Holliday? I doubt it. Even if he does, what are the chances both special teams and defense scores in the same game? I just don't see the chiefs being able to put up 28 on us, especially if our defense is at full health when we play. I say 28 because they'll need at least that many points to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Fisher has struggled, do you think he can slow down von? When Smith starts to feel pressure he'll struggle like every other qb. We're 9th in sacks without von so doubling von won't necessarily be the answer. Will McCluster outplay Holliday? I doubt it. Even if he does, what are the chances both special teams and defense scores in the same game? I just don't see the chiefs being able to put up 28 on us, especially if our defense is at full health when we play. I say 28 because they'll need at least that many points to beat us.
    They're offense shouldn't be able to score that much on their own. But that defense seems to score pts every game. If not score - get the ball back to their offense already in FG range

I'm not scared of KC offense. The defense is legit though
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Howdy, yes it has. Nice to see your still here!

We shall see, Arrowhead will be loud for that second game!
    We have not scored more than 17 points at Arrowhead since 2009...always one of our toughest road games. I believe you always have to be weary playing teams with a great pass rush on the road...things can get bad, quickly.

Really hoping we continue to run the ball well when we meet.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I am very worried about Charles. Dude is a stright beast. He is good in all facets of the O. KC D is a very good one and does tale the ball away, amd often scores. This will be a good game, at least in KC. I hope we go into this game healthy on D.

sure theres a reason you went from 15 posts a day in 2004----to 2 posts a year since...and it was you were moving

face it you showed fairweather tendencies and are only back in a regular fashion because the chiefs are winning

I believe our offense is better then your defense...you may limit us..but I doubt your stopping us

your offense sucks...period...stop the run and smith is done...he wont force it...he wont make that crucial drive saving clutch throw into coverage...he throw it away or fall to the ground

our defense although bad...will be better with von...its like a V8 motor without the #1plug...sure it may start and get going...but its gonna run like crap

yes grasshopper....anyone could win...but I don't fear the chiefs...the jags coulda won this weekend...but I didn't fear them going into sunday