Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 301
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,500
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yup. 6-0 is 6-0. Worry
    We are 6-0. Not worried

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Isn't it funny that these teams have the "games of their lives" when they play our defense? Today that defense got lite up by a backup QB playing for the 32nd ranked offense in the league.
    Two of the fumbles were unforced and in scoring territory.

    We scored 35 on an off day and people are complaining.

    And Henne is massively better than Gabbert.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    190
    You have to be worried. There is no margin for error. If both teams are undefeated when they meet it could very well decide who wins the division and whether you will have to play a wild card game.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronchos View Post
    You have to be worried. There is no margin for error. If both teams are undefeated when they meet it could very well decide who wins the division and whether you will have to play a wild card game.
    Kansas City has a lot more flaws than the Broncos though. If Denver "should be worried" about any team, how do you think the other teams should feel about playing Denver? They are the consensus best team in the NFL right now, after all.

    When people say, "...some team with an elite QB is going to make it tough to get wins with this pass defense..." they show their one-sided glasses.

    What about those teams? How do they feel going up against this offense? Don't you think every team considers Denver a tough out?

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    13
    Chiefs fan here. I'd like to give my 2 cents worth if I may. I think Denver is by far the best offense in the NFL right now. Defense is okay. You get Miller back and I think that will give you guys a boost obviously on that side of the ball. I don't know too many Chiefs fans who are stressing right now about whether or not we are "as good" as Denver. Not to many I know think that way. Our defense is excellent. Special teams are solid. Offense borders between competent to anemic as witnessed on Sunday.

    I think most folks want to see how the high powered Bronco offense would fare against the high powered Chiefs defense. Heck, I want to see that myself. However, if the Chiefs offense doesn't find ways to improve eventually the defense will wear down against Manning and Co. But that's okay. I think back to what was the disaster of 2012. The worst season in Chiefs history and just to put the Chiefs in the conversation at all shows how far they have come. Denver is the better team....doesn't guarantee they will win but they most likely will. Chiefs are in good shape for a wild card and I can live with that.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,254
    Quote Originally Posted by dhitter View Post
    Chiefs fan here. I'd like to give my 2 cents worth if I may. I think Denver is by far the best offense in the NFL right now. Defense is okay. You get Miller back and I think that will give you guys a boost obviously on that side of the ball. I don't know too many Chiefs fans who are stressing right now about whether or not we are "as good" as Denver. Not to many I know think that way. Our defense is excellent. Special teams are solid. Offense borders between competent to anemic as witnessed on Sunday.

    I think most folks want to see how the high powered Bronco offense would fare against the high powered Chiefs defense. Heck, I want to see that myself. However, if the Chiefs offense doesn't find ways to improve eventually the defense will wear down against Manning and Co. But that's okay. I think back to what was the disaster of 2012. The worst season in Chiefs history and just to put the Chiefs in the conversation at all shows how far they have come. Denver is the better team....doesn't guarantee they will win but they most likely will. Chiefs are in good shape for a wild card and I can live with that.
    Nice to see some input from a Chiefs fan. I agree that D of yours is nasty, and it is scary, but unless your offense improves I just can't be scared of your team overall. Not that we can't lose because we can, but at this point and time I think we should be favorites. I just seeing us put enough points up to win over your offense as is. Even though I would have preferred another cakewalk to the playoffs this year, it is nice seeing the Chiefs do well and bringing the AFC West back to relevancy. Two best teams in the NFL right now? Maybe, maybe not.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Still no.

    Their offense is so bad.

    It was 14-7 with five minutes left in the fourth.

    They may hold us down a little but can't see how they score enough unless Charles has a career game.
    Lol. The 2011 49ers are very very similar to the 2013 Chiefs. If I remember correctly the 49ers had the best defense, A great coach, beststarting field position, a QB who didn't make mistakes, and created a lot of turnovers, and ranked close to last in the league in passing and top 10 in rushing. They beat the best Passing team in the league in the playoffs and were 2 muffed punts away from a superbowl. The 2013 Chiefs have the NFL's best defense, A sick pass-rush, A defense that creates turnovers, best starting field position, Almost top 10 rushing and close to last in passing, a great Coach, and a QB that doesn't create turnovers. Divisional games are always tough. The 49ers lost and tied the Rams last season and the Rams were bad and they still made it to the SB. The 49ers played weak teams in 2011 also, but they proved themselves and so will the Chiefs. They are a mirror of the 2011 49ers and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the AFC Title Game.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,340
    I think the teams will split the season series, each winning at home. I will be interested to see how the Broncos offense does at Arrowhead as that will probably be our stiffest test all regular season.
    thanks Freyaka

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioFunk View Post
    Lol. The 2011 49ers are very very similar to the 2013 Chiefs. If I remember correctly the 49ers had the best defense, A great coach, beststarting field position, a QB who didn't make mistakes, and created a lot of turnovers, and ranked close to last in the league in passing and top 10 in rushing. They beat the best Passing team in the league in the playoffs and were 2 muffed punts away from a superbowl. The 2013 Chiefs have the NFL's best defense, A sick pass-rush, A defense that creates turnovers, best starting field position, Almost top 10 rushing and close to last in passing, a great Coach, and a QB that doesn't create turnovers. Divisional games are always tough. The 49ers lost and tied the Rams last season and the Rams were bad and they still made it to the SB. The 49ers played weak teams in 2011 also, but they proved themselves and so will the Chiefs. They are a mirror of the 2011 49ers and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the AFC Title Game.
    Difference is we have a top passing game and the top rush defense...not good for a team relying on running the ball. We did put 35 points up while turning the ball over 3 times...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    522
    Lets be honest. Both teams should be concerned with playing each other. You have the best offense playing the best defense. On the other hand you have a defense that has shown it can be scored upon vs an offense that has shown it needs a few turnovers to help them get enough points to win. Who can really say who wins? It could come down to home field advantage. It could come down to who is hurt more. I read some talk about Denver dealing with injury's...I want to point out that the Chiefs have been dealing with quite a few injury's as well. At any rate....the last two unbeaten teams after week 6 and both in the same division? That is two jewels in the crown of the AFC West!

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    While I think it will be interesting to see how we play each other, I'm more concerned about how each of us play other teams in term of winning the division.

    KC has a SIGNIFICANTLY easier schedule down the road than we do and have their next 2 games at home facing Houston and Cleveland. We can't afford to lose any games at all which I feel puts a great deal of pressure on us.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-14-2013 at 05:19 AM.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
    I think the teams will split the season series, each winning at home. I will be interested to see how the Broncos offense does at Arrowhead as that will probably be our stiffest test all regular season.
    id take the moneyline against the broncos this day

    although manning had a hard time vs crunnel, not sure how manning fared vs. reid coached team... anyone.. ahemm.


    watching manning for years, one thing i can say is he will get at least 10 games on his own,

    but having KC, NE,KC is tough 3 very good defenses

    just hope for a healthy roster,

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioFunk View Post
    Lol. The 2011 49ers are very very similar to the 2013 Chiefs. If I remember correctly the 49ers had the best defense, A great coach, beststarting field position, a QB who didn't make mistakes, and created a lot of turnovers, and ranked close to last in the league in passing and top 10 in rushing. They beat the best Passing team in the league in the playoffs and were 2 muffed punts away from a superbowl. The 2013 Chiefs have the NFL's best defense, A sick pass-rush, A defense that creates turnovers, best starting field position, Almost top 10 rushing and close to last in passing, a great Coach, and a QB that doesn't create turnovers. Divisional games are always tough. The 49ers lost and tied the Rams last season and the Rams were bad and they still made it to the SB. The 49ers played weak teams in 2011 also, but they proved themselves and so will the Chiefs. They are a mirror of the 2011 49ers and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the AFC Title Game.
    Our run defense is one of the best in football, this without Von who now returns.

    Unless Charles has a career day, i don't see it.

    We put up 35 despite two fumbles in Jax territory. KC isn't scoring 35.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    If we can beat the Colts in Indy I will feel more comfortable, this is a more balanced team with an equally loud crowed and are one of the most dangerous 2nd half teams

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by dhitter View Post
    Chiefs fan here. I'd like to give my 2 cents worth if I may. I think Denver is by far the best offense in the NFL right now. Defense is okay. You get Miller back and I think that will give you guys a boost obviously on that side of the ball. I don't know too many Chiefs fans who are stressing right now about whether or not we are "as good" as Denver. Not to many I know think that way. Our defense is excellent. Special teams are solid. Offense borders between competent to anemic as witnessed on Sunday.

    I think most folks want to see how the high powered Bronco offense would fare against the high powered Chiefs defense. Heck, I want to see that myself. However, if the Chiefs offense doesn't find ways to improve eventually the defense will wear down against Manning and Co. But that's okay. I think back to what was the disaster of 2012. The worst season in Chiefs history and just to put the Chiefs in the conversation at all shows how far they have come. Denver is the better team....doesn't guarantee they will win but they most likely will. Chiefs are in good shape for a wild card and I can live with that.
    Nice post! The Chiefs have played very well, and your defense is great. I think it was good last year as well...what a difference having a QB who doesn't throw several picks a game can make.

    Personally, it's very possible that when we face the Chiefs, they will be undefeated, but we won't be. Your team could very well win this division. It's obviously not written yet, but it's very possible.

    Here is to a powerful AFC West!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •