Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?!

Maybe it's just because it is preseason, but it looked like the team was trying to avoid injuries and not playing physical enough. Seattle looked like they were there to play, the Broncos looked like they thought it was touch. I hope that they can put it together soon.

After looking through the first page of this thread, the consensus seems to be we are destined for a 3-13 season.

Lets get a high draft pick people!

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    After looking through the first page of this thread, the consensus seems to be we are destined for a 3-13 season.

Lets get a high draft pick people!
    Downy for Clowney

As far as the play on the field I don't think there is too much to worry about. Many correctable mistakes. Take out the fumbles and one of the best defenses in the NFL in the Seahawks would have allowed 21 points on 4 drives.

The real worry is injuries, especially if Von is suspended. If Vasquez is hurt too then thats gonna be a real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehveek03 View Post
    No I agree with the other guy, passing on lacy was a serious mistake , lacy just looked more solid of a back on all cylinders , blocking, running , breaking tackles he's a big physical back that we can use , sorry ball
    Against a much weaker Rams defense. Seriously Seattle's defense is stacked, particularly at LB. The fact that Montee Ball had 4.7 ypc against them is pretty impressive. Lacy also had a 15 yard run that made his stats look better than he actually was.

I'm not really worried about how we've looked so far. Idk how many of you have noticed or not, but these gameplans we've put out the past 2 games have been extremely generic, lots of vanilla. Harbaugh and Carroll don't play as vanilla in the preseason. They use preseason games as extra reps to do what they're already good at, Fox (and a lot of other veteran coaches) use the preseason as pure tuneups for the players. How many blitzes have we used so far? How many play action passes have we run? Not many, these are 2 huge aspects in our gameplans that have been missing so far. Our defense is a lot better when we're constantly on the attack, and our offense is a lot better off of a playaction pass. We looked the same way last year in the preseason. Next game against Jeff Fisher and the Rams will pit 2 vanilla gameplans against each other.

Julius Thomas is going to be the real deal this year. Our play action attack is going to be dominant.

But did you notice that we were being pushed around in a way? The level of physicality that they used, seemed to top us. Especially with the Oline I thought. Our gameplan is one thing. Dunno tho bro. Guess we shall see. Praying for Week 1 revenge since the schedule release. Go Broncos!
    "Give em' the Denver D!"

Zane Beadles struggled tonight, he's always really struggled with power players. Ryan Clady is going to help the o-line a lot. Ramirez and Beadles have been struggling in pass protection though. If Kuper can come back healthy, he should improve our interior. If not, we'll just have to wait for Walton to come back. If Kuper comes back healthy and Walton can come back, we may see Beadles get pushed out. Also the o-line typically gets better as the gain continuity. We're far from seeing their best play, the coaches will find a group they like and that group will continue to get better as the season goes on.

Also we're still missing Joel Dreessen. His blocking on the edge is really underrated and it's really been missed so far particularly in the run game. Thomas is great as a receiver, but he leaves a lot to be desired as a blocker.

Edit: One more thing, when the regular season starts and there are actual gameplans, our o-line will naturally look better as the coaches are going to run what we're best at. Right now we're running a lot of zone, I believe it's to get it up to speed with our power scheme. We've ran barely any power if any at all in these first 2 preseason games. That's what got Beadles in the pro bowl. I expect to see a lot more power scheme in the regular season, our o-line is big enough to wear teams down and the power scheme will accentuate that. It'll also make Hillman a more dangerous CoP back as he'll likely be the RB for most of the zone plays.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-18-2013 at 01:03 AM.

My thoughts -

We lost a pre-season game and maybe it was a good thing rather than a bad thing. We can iron out the issues and work on sorting out what is holding the team back without it costing us.

The injuries are getting out of hand now.

Dudes on here need to calm down, if this was the playoffs then I'd understand.
    All in for Siemian!

Agree that they didn't really show much offensively and still moved the ball through the air at will. I think they were even experimenting out there formation wise with the empty backfield set and bunch sets. Gives the Ravens more to game plan for.

My thoughts?

We'll be just fine. It's preseason. Make the mistakes here, fix em and be ready to go by regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehveek03 View Post
    No I agree with the other guy, passing on lacy was a serious mistake , lacy just looked more solid of a back on all cylinders , blocking, running , breaking tackles he's a big physical back that we can use , sorry ball

This.

Plus:

Bradley looks horrible out there, joy Mays clone.

Ramirez wiffs on blocks as a center and gets knocked back into Mannings lap on run plays..

Ball can not block to save his life. Hillman is just a change of pace back. KO is glass. We are in trouble at RB

D-Line looks to be lacking...I can't imagine if they had beast in there for the whole game what would have happend.

1st String secondary looked pretty bad. Champ getting beat, Harris getting beat (suprised the hell outta me) and Moore was just, Moore...

First string O-line looked average. I know we are missing Clady, but Franklin was getting beat out there a few times. Plus our Run Blocking...it's not good. At all..

Mr. Gase was having problems getting plays in quick enough. Not good coming from a man who said we are going to be faster then last year. Last years 1st string offense looked a lot better in pre-season then this one did... We look out of sync and when Brock is making hand motions for you to hurry up with the plays... That does not look good, there are those around here (Me) that did not want Gase as the offensive coordinator. I didn't feel like he was ready, and tonight he proved me right. Better start proving me wrong.

I only watch starters for the most part, and this is what I took home from all the STARTERS. Note to people, when the starters are in, the preseason DOES MATTER.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWinder View Post

Bradley looks horrible out there, joy Mays clone.
    He did. Ravens will have a field day with him if he starts. He made Moore look terrible on one play. Wasn't Moores fault.

1st String secondary looked pretty bad. Champ getting beat, Harris getting beat (suprised the hell outta me) and Moore was just, Moore...
    I think it was Phillips that got held on that TD where Harris was burned. Should have come back. It is tough on an island like that and it was a perfect (lucky) throw.

Mr. Gase was having problems getting plays in quick enough. Not good coming from a man who said we are going to be faster then last year. Last years 1st string offense looked a lot better in pre-season then this one did... We look out of sync and when Brock is making hand motions for you to hurry up with the plays... That does not look good, there are those around here (Me) that did not want Gase as the offensive coordinator. I didn't feel like he was ready, and tonight he proved me right. Better start proving me wrong.
    I think the offense generally looked great when Manning was out there. Give them a few more weeks, get Clady back, start Moreno and hope that Vasquez is ready and I can't see the Ravens stopping them.
    10 characters...

I agree that playing bad is a good thing because this week of practice will be a good one.

I'm tired of reading how bad Ramirez is.. Sign a guy out of retirement or maybe after cuts will land someone or make a trade but please get rid of this dude!

I saw the hight light of Manning get speared I assume that was cause of Ramirez. We can't let manning take shots like that!!

On Lacy he looks like the real deal but his injuries are suppose to be an issue for his entire career. I'm still made we choose Marooney over Lynch. Or we could have gotten Stephen Jackson cheaply, Atl didn't give him Squat

Positives:

Manning's arm looks a lot stronger than it did last season.

Wes Welker's effort to get every single yard he can out of his receptions is encouraging to see, the way he put his head down and got the first, and later a TD, was impressive.

Julius Thomas (minus the fumble) was also impressive in the passing game.

The defensive play on 3rd and short.

Kayvon Webster doesn't look like a rookie, he seems to have a presence about him.

Negatives:

The amount of fumbles; definitely needs to be addressed before the Regular Season.

Penalties, likewise.

Lack of effort from Manny Ramirez on the Browner TD; he could have pushed him out of the endzone just to be safe, but instead just chose to watch him.

Offensive line depth. Vinston Painter surely isn't going to make the final 53?

Misc:

I hope Wolfe returns soon.

I hope Nate Irving starts week 1 over Stewart Bradley. He's clearly outplaying him.

Surely Manny Ramirez can't hang onto the starting C spot any longer? Right?

Maybe it's just be, but did anyone see the ref get in Ihenacho's way, possibly preventing him picking off Russell Wilson? The play instead resulted in a TD, with Ihenacho barely missing out on picking the pass.
    Last edited by Bootleg; 08-18-2013 at 03:57 AM.