Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Why the knee jerk reactions?

I've been reading post after post in thread after thread. Some people are already throwing in the towel and we haven't even started the season.
    Player (insert any name here) is trash, Elway isn't building a team right blah blah blah.
    Listen, we are coming of a great season. A season like we haven't seen in a very long time. All these mistakes are correctable and correcting them in the preaseason is the idea.
    This team has gotten younger and we have a lot of new pieces. Those pieces will find their places and we will be great. Mark my words. The talent is there.
    My son had his first football game for the year this past Friday. It was only a tune up scrimmage. What I noticed is that we played a VERY vanilla game, on both sides of the ball. Defense, which he plays a 5 tech, played a base goalline the entire game to counter the read option. The offense played simple running plays, simple sweeps and traps. My point is, we have a Ferrari for an offense, we are showing up in a Chevette (for those that remember those cars!!) which I'm with. Same with defense. We aren't showing anything except a base look. When the season starts, we will unleash the beast.
    So stop worrying people. We will be fine.

It's football season, panic mode after everything.

Only concerned with the injuries especially to Wolfe/Champ.

That may be the toughest defense we will see all year and the offense moved up and down the field with ease. OL gave Manning plenty of time to throw.

Running game was meh but Sea has a really good Front 7.

Defense is a little concerning, mainly pass rush but it was a vanilla defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

That may be the toughest defense we will see all year and the offense moved up and down the field with ease. OL gave Manning plenty of time to throw.

This is exactly right. The only concern at this point is the injuries. But the encouraging thing is it seems guys like Malik Jackson are really stepping up. I hope and pray that these injuries will pan out to be nothing major.

And you are spot on about the vanilla defense. There were no exotic blitzes, just a base 4-3 most of the time.

Offense was the same way. Nothing to flashy or exotic. We will see the good stuff on both sides of the ball come week 1.
    Last edited by spcdlee02; 08-18-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Add to

Everybody is going nuts over this game, Seattle fans think it means they will win the Super Bowl.
    Them and some of the fans on this site forget how pointless preseason is. The teams don't even run the plays from the playbook their using for the season. Pretty much practice game plays vs another team. It's all vanilla.

Like the OP said with the cars. We didn't show up trying to play like it matter.

The only concern for me is the injuries. Pete Carroll plays preseason games like they are real games. He knows other teams don't, so he has a better chance of winning, which feeds his huge ego. So though we didn't play like it matter, Seattle did play like it matter.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

We're losing some very important guys to injury. Of course, reports have yet to come in, but I can see why some are worried.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    We're losing some very important guys to injury. Of course, reports have yet to come in, but I can see why some are worried.
    Vaz is ok, Welker doesn't seem that bad, just a sprained ankle.

And positive news on Wolfe, nothing more than that. He flew back with the team.

Champ, I worry about a lot, his injury.

Vaz is ok, Welker doesn't seem that bad, just a sprained ankle.

And positive news on Wolfe, nothing more than that. He flew back with the team.

Champ, I worry about a lot, his injury.

That's precisely the one I'm worried about.

After the game on Sports Center, Mark Schlerth said, I know people are freaking out, but STOP! He said that for the 1st stringers, the teams were evenly matched, (besides the turnovers) and Denver pretty much went up and down the field at will.

He said that people will freak out over the score but don't because it doesn't mean anything and the mistakes are correctable.

Injuries are the concern! I don't think our 1st team should play more than 1-2 series next week.

He didn't say this, but Seattle is a dirty team, Pete Carroll is a creep, someone should be fined for the hit on Wolfe and why the hell was there no flag on the hit after the play on Manning. The refs in this game were as bad as the Ravens game.

My concern: Ramirez, who freaking stood there for 2 fumbles and didn't do anything to stop Seattle from returning them. He should be fired! Period!

Vaz is fine.

Per twitter reports.

Three to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    The reports that have come in aren't bad. Wolfe will apparently be fine enough to play the next, though I think Denver will rest him the rest of preseason.

For Bailey; X-rays were negative, but Bailey is scheduled to undergo an MRI after straining something in the bottom of his foot.

For Welker; Suffered a right ankle sprain, depending on how bad it is he could be ready by week 1 or as late as week 4.
    Vasquez is supposedly in the same situation as Welker, but will be fine and ready to play.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    After the game on Sports Center, Mark Schlerth said, I know people are freaking out, but STOP! He said that for the 1st stringers, the teams were evenly matched, (besides the turnovers) and Denver pretty much went up and down the field at will.
    I agree with Mark completely.

Offense moved up and down at will. OL gave Manning time to throw, without Clady in there.

The score doesn't indicate how the game was played, at least with the starters.

But some of the knee jerk reactions are out of control.

This happens every week. Even when we win the sky is falling

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Wolfe's tweet
    Thanks for the prayers everyone, ill be okay and will be back on the field soon

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Why does it have to be knee jerk reaction all the time? Why can't people just logically look at it for what it is?

Some of us see problems. Serious problems, it is not our fault that some of you guys don't see them as well...

Take the RB position, I see some people on here that see that Ball is not the answer as well. To me and others he can't block for crap. But others on here look at his YPC and say, he is TD!

That is just one example, there are a lot of others.

People are going to have different views when they are given a product that does not make the choice easy for them. And right now the product we see, with our starters out there, does not exactly leave you with the feeling that all is right in Bronco land atm.

Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    Our offense was able to move the ball well for the most part last night. Fumbles with young players are to be expected and should be correctable (just glad they happened in preseason so the coaching staff and players can get a jump on correcting these issues without it impacting our season).

The only area on the team that does concern me is the offensive line. I'm definitely not a fan of Clark or Ramirez if we have enough injuries that they wind up being starters. Our depth in that department is very subpar as evidenced by the 2nd team offense being so inept and honestly kind of pathetic.

When Clady is back in the lineup we may have a better feel for what we have upfront. I do believe in the old adage that games are won and lost in the trenches, so I hope to see a much more dominant performance each and every sunday once the season rolls around! It wouldn't hurt my feelings though if Elway and company were still keeping an eye open looking for more O-line depth as the cuts start being made from other teams around the league! Go Broncos!