Page 135 of 140 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2090
  1. #2011
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,625
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Supposedly 7, 9, x, and x2 are coming to switch. I might have to buy alll of em. Never quite beat 7 and I was on disc 3 for 9. I loved all of them.
    FFIX is my favorite final fantasy of all time. Love Vivi!


  2. #2012
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,381
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    I have 1 set of joy cons that came with the switch but I wanted to get another becuase my gf and I love mario party. It's just jesus louises 75 for those tiny little things. That's more than a game! I'll have to look into mario and rabbids.
    Ah ok I assumed you didnít have it since you didnít mention it. Yes itís a pain this game chose to go that route but itís because some of the mini games are mobile.

    The gamepro is a much better investment but if you know youíll play Party with 3 plus people a lot the joy cons are a must buy unfortunately.

    Since my 6 year old fell in love I had to bite the bullet and get extra so my whole family can play.

  3. #2013
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    FFIX is my favorite final fantasy of all time. Love Vivi!
    Its one of my favorites and I loved the music

  4. #2014
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,064
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ah ok I assumed you didnít have it since you didnít mention it. Yes itís a pain this game chose to go that route but itís because some of the mini games are mobile.

    The gamepro is a much better investment but if you know youíll play Party with 3 plus people a lot the joy cons are a must buy unfortunately.

    Since my 6 year old fell in love I had to bite the bullet and get extra so my whole family can play.
    Yeah as of right now I'm good with just playing with the joy cons attached to the sides of the switch but I just ordered the gamecube controller adapter so I could play smash bros with a gamecube controller

  5. #2015
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,234
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    I have 1 set of joy cons that came with the switch but I wanted to get another becuase my gf and I love mario party. It's just jesus louises 75 for those tiny little things. That's more than a game! I'll have to look into mario and rabbids.
    You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  6. #2016
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,381
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.
    They work on every game as an individual controller. Iím just not a fan of how tiny they are.

  7. #2017
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,064
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.
    That's good to hear. My hands arent gigantic but these joy cons make my hands feel like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    They work on every game as an individual controller. Iím just not a fan of how tiny they are.
    Agreed. I dont get why they did

  8. #2018
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,381
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    That's good to hear. My hands arent gigantic but these joy cons make my hands feel like it.



    Agreed. I dont get why they did
    My guess is for kids. My 4 and 6 year old have no issues with them at all. Of course they donít really know any better. Although my 6 year old gets upset that I wonít let him use my gamepro controller for other games.

    They also work just fine connected to the switch as a mobile console. I have no issues with them then. Which is actually probably why they did it. But I like to play docked in a lot and so when the joy cons are not connected i hate them. Imagine Mario kart with them.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 02-12-2019 at 05:04 AM.

  9. #2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,064
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    My guess is for kids. My 4 and 6 year old have no issues with them at all. Of course they donít really know any better. Although my 6 year old gets upset that I wonít let him use my gamepro controller for other games.

    They also work just fine connected to the switch as a mobile console. I have no issues with them then. Which is actually probably why they did it. But I like to play docked in a lot and so when the joy cons are not connected i hate them. Imagine Mario kart with them.
    Makes sense but did they really think their demographic was small children? I dont think a 4 year old would know how to use the thing. Also, I have played mario kart using 1 joy con...it was awful.

  10. #2020
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,381
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Makes sense but did they really think their demographic was small children? I dont think a 4 year old would know how to use the thing. Also, I have played mario kart using 1 joy con...it was awful.
    I actually think it was more the convenience of sliding off and on to switch between docked in and mobile. Which they couldnít do with something like the old wii controllers.

    And no they probably werenít marketing to 4 year olds at all. But probably did expect a lot of kids who wouldnít mind the size.

    My 4 year old is actually pretty decent with it though. He can play Mario Kart as well as Mario Party if we instruct him on the mini game before starting it. And the 6 year old really knows what he is doing with it.

  11. #2021
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,064
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I actually think it was more the convenience of sliding off and on to switch between docked in and mobile. Which they couldnít do with something like the old wii controllers.

    And no they probably werenít marketing to 4 year olds at all. But probably did expect a lot of kids who wouldnít mind the size.

    My 4 year old is actually pretty decent with it though. He can play Mario Kart as well as Mario Party if we instruct him on the mini game before starting it. And the 6 year old really knows what he is doing with it.
    True I do enjoy laying in bed playing smash bros on the switch. It is a lot of fun.

  12. #2022
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,884
    Warhorse studios acquired by THQ Nordic. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.... I don't know much about Nordic but I hope the allow warhorse to keep doing what they've been doing.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  13. #2023
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,381
    Final Fantasy IX demo is available on switch.

    And Final Fantasy VII will release on switch on March 26th.

  14. #2024
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,234
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Warhorse studios acquired by THQ Nordic. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.... I don't know much about Nordic but I hope the allow warhorse to keep doing what they've been doing.
    Nordic had been a big buyer of studios and IPs lately. Even more than Microsoft

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  15. #2025
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,381
    Started the Batman Telltale series. Pretty fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •