Heading to San Diego for Broncos game, question for anyone who has done it...

I am heading down from Canada (Thunder Bay, ON) to see our Broncos play the Chargers in early November. For anyone that has gone to SD to watch us play I have a question regarding tickets. I have been to many stadiums and have always bought tickets from scalpers at the game - is it "easy" to get tickets at Qualcomm Stadium if we are in the tailgate area? Any recommendations for seating and pricing for the stadium?

Thanks in advance - excited for the season (confused about Von's status...).

Have you used stubhub before?

Hey dukes88:
    I lived in Cali for 5 years and would always travel down to SD for the games every year and it was always pretty easy to get tickets. I used Craigslist, Ebay, or Stubhub to buy tix the first few times and then just knew people who would sell their seats. Having a smart phone makes it easy to check ticket availability on site and find people at the stadium. Have a great time and def expect to see just as many DB fans as you do SDC fans. Super friendly crowd and much more accepting than Oakland. Cheers, Mish
    Canadian by birth, by choice!

Im not much help on your question buuttt.. If you want to really experience football firsthand San Diego is an awful place to do it. The atmosphere just isn't up to par with other places. Great vacation spot as a whole though.

Been checking Ebay/Stubhub etc. and they are asking a fortune for tickets still... not sure I want to pay 250+ for a decent seat. Hopefully they go down.

The stadium is awful and its hot and a long way from anywhere. Maybe not hot November though. The city was great to hang out in and drink copious amounts of beers.

we got our tickets in advance but they were not too expensive and easy to get as a few have already said.

You will not have to pay that for tickets, let it settle down a little more.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

ive been to many games in San Diego (my husband was born and raised so is a Charger fan by default) and i can confirm the comments above that the atmosphere isnt the greatest. its pretty sad, but there is usually a sea of the opposing teams' color in the charger stands. that being said, it can work to your advantage. you will see many, many other Bronco fans there (including me!) and most of the Charger fans wont be aggressive or annoying towards you. ive been to Raider games, and i cant say the same for their fans! its nice to just enjoy games without worrying about a drunk fan harass you or try to pick a stupid fight.

as for ease of getting tickets, its fairly easily. i'd check craigslist, ebay. many people try to get rid of their tickets the day of (if you are willing to be a little ballsy)

We'll be there again this year. When we were there a few years ago, we met up with a lot of Bronco fans. You couldn't miss us. Stop by. I'll a post a picture so you can find us. Lifted grey Chevy Avalanche with a 20' flagpole flying the flags! It's a great time and you'llyou'll be surprised how many Bronco fans make it. On that note, anyone going needs to stop by. Let's make statement with a large gathering!
    If I need to start a new thread, let me know.
    "If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The stadium is awful and its hot and a long way from anywhere. Maybe not hot November though. The city was great to hang out in and drink copious amounts of beers.

we got our tickets in advance but they were not too expensive and easy to get as a few have already said.

You will not have to pay that for tickets, let it settle down a little more.
    Could not agree with you more on the stadium. I went last year and while the game itself was amazing I give the Stadium two thumbs way down. Would not go again.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
    We'll be there again this year. When we were there a few years ago, we met up with a lot of Bronco fans. You couldn't miss us. Stop by. I'll a post a picture so you can find us. Lifted grey Chevy Avalanche with a 20' flagpole flying the flags! It's a great time and you'llyou'll be surprised how many Bronco fans make it. On that note, anyone going needs to stop by. Let's make statement with a large gathering!
    If I need to start a new thread, let me know.
    I'm driving down from LA, would love to tailgate with other Broncos fans!!!

My wife and I are planning to drive down and tailgate with some friends of ours. We haven't bought any tickets, yet, I'm hoping someone gets desperate and sells their ticket that same day for face value so we can watch the game live. If I can't find a good deal, I may end up trying to find a Broncos bar in San Diego.
    Yeah I followed PFM from the Colts, so what...

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyC View Post
    I'm driving down from LA, would love to tailgate with other Broncos fans!!!
    YES! Sounds like a plan. We'll be there in a dark grey Avalanche lifted flying the flags. We will be parked on the visitor side of the stadium parking lot near the main entrance. Right off of Friars rd. You can't miss us!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by 702Memo View Post
    My wife and I are planning to drive down and tailgate with some friends of ours. We haven't bought any tickets, yet, I'm hoping someone gets desperate and sells their ticket that same day for face value so we can watch the game live. If I can't find a good deal, I may end up trying to find a Broncos bar in San Diego.
    If you guys make it in, look us up. We'll be there!

Come one, come all!! Let's do this!!

Remember, NO GLASS in the parking lot! I saw enough tickets getting handed out years ago. If you do, just make sure you can transfer it in to something else.
    Last edited by ROBS6T8; 11-07-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    "If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."