Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 401
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post


    i think it should go without saying that i stopped reading right there
    "It's not a reflection on Doug Flutie's performance," Schottenheimer said. "Drew needed an opportunity to step back and look at it from a different perspective. Now it's time to do that. Let's find out exactly what kind
    of progress he made."

    Schottenheimer said: "Doug Flutie came in in a situation. We're fortunate to have him, but Drew Brees is our starting quarterback. He's gone through what any number of young quarterbacks will, and I thought now was the appropriate time."

    But yes Baph lets ignore the truth...we all know it hurts

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you are looking more foolish with every post. nobody but you biased donkey fans think only sacks matter when rushing the QB. oh and your team passed on brees too when you needed a QB more than the chargers did, or was the unproven rookie jay cuter an upgrade over brees?
    denver already had Jake Plummer under contract who took them to the afc championship game and thry drafted a qb for the future who fit the west coast offense. Your team drafted him and let him go for nothing in return! Whos the fool? You and your franchise!

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you don't even know what a fact is apparently

    pressuring he QB, in other words making him throw the ball before he is ready, flushing him out of the pocket, making him throw incompletions, forcing a QB to throw int's (just for example)......according to you that means nothing and is irrelevant to a player because they didn't get the sack! LOL!!

    and again, this isn't about me thinking freeney was playing great, so you can stop pretending i said that already. i am just laughing at you and arapaho because you guys think if a player doesn't get a sack then they are not doing their job, regardless of other important circumstances that i have already mentioned.

    but don't you worry, you will learn about the game of football soon enough!
    ok you take your almost sacks ill take Von, Aldon, JJ Watt, and Geno Atkins!

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    no it hasn't, the fact that he hasn't lived up to where he was drafted and wasn't even a starter after 4 years in the league has been as well.

    sacks are very important, i am not saying they are not. but i am saying that they are not the only thing that's important to a pass rusher and i think its obvious to every knowledgeable football fan here that i am right, other than those who are trolling of course.
    I guess not beating out elvis dumervil means your not good.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,249
    Whats nuts is....rod is trying to insist pressure is as good as a sack...that simply moving a good qb...making him step up in the pocket...is every bit as important as knocking one on his arse...stripping the ball...or getting a sack to stall a drive....rod insists every knowledgable fan knows this

    yet i bet if you asked every single expert...coach...gm in the game

    would you rAther have freeneys 3-4 "pressures" a game...and little else

    or a von miller...alden smith...jjwatt..doom..hali and their pressures thst result in sacks...fumbles

    none would take freeney or melvin over those....none

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Whats nuts is....rod is trying to insist pressure is as good as a sack...that simply moving a good qb...making him step up in the pocket...is every bit as important as knocking one on his arse...stripping the ball...or getting a sack to stall a drive....rod insists every knowledgable fan knows this

    yet i bet if you asked every single expert...coach...gm in the game

    would you rAther have freeneys 3-4 "pressures" a game...and little else

    or a von miller...alden smith...jjwatt..doom..hali and their pressures thst result in sacks...fumbles

    none would take freeney or melvin over those....none
    It is only because it can cause mistakes for some QB's like Rivers, but he only insists this when it suits him. When we claimed Ayers had multiple QB Hits and Hurries each year the response was that those stats dont matter.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    How is that Chargers line now days? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Nobody is listening to my make believe stat so i am going to repeat myself again and again until they believe its true!
    I mean I only typed it twice before I convinced myself. Do these guys even know how to play lets pretend?
    Geez oh well here I go again and i wont quit until they agree or I lose what tinny tiny shred of credibility i have left

    Blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah

    Blah blah blah blah blah and BLAH!
    There there now Baph take your binky its obviously nap time
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    "It's not a reflection on Doug Flutie's performance," Schottenheimer said. "Drew needed an opportunity to step back and look at it from a different perspective. Now it's time to do that. Let's find out exactly what kind
    of progress he made."

    Schottenheimer said: "Doug Flutie came in in a situation. We're fortunate to have him, but Drew Brees is our starting quarterback. He's gone through what any number of young quarterbacks will, and I thought now was the appropriate time."

    But yes Baph lets ignore the truth...we all know it hurts
    yes because teams bench their starting QB's all of the time to "see what kind of progress he has made"

    truth is, and this is the ultimate truth, you and the other biased charger/rivers haters here are the only ones i have ever seen make this argument....EVER.

    you are just making this argument because the one that you and so many others here used to make about the chargers not re-signing him gets shot down here on a regular basis.

    but hey, i cant fault you for trying something different when you know your go to argument just wont fly.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There there now Baph take your binky its obviously nap time
    and you have the nerve to call me a troll? oh the sweet irony.....

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Whats nuts is....rod is trying to insist pressure is as good as a sack...that simply moving a good qb...making him step up in the pocket...is every bit as important as knocking one on his arse...stripping the ball...or getting a sack to stall a drive....rod insists every knowledgable fan knows this

    yet i bet if you asked every single expert...coach...gm in the game

    would you rAther have freeneys 3-4 "pressures" a game...and little else

    or a von miller...alden smith...jjwatt..doom..hali and their pressures thst result in sacks...fumbles

    none would take freeney or melvin over those....none
    stripping the ball isn't a sack genius boy, its called a forced fumble

    pressuring the QB and forcing him to make mistakes or throw incompletions/int's is very important to a defense, you simply don't understand that, that much is evident.

    and no i never argued any of that retarded made up crap in your post. i never said anything about how well freeney was playing good or bad, yet herb you are crying and making stuff up pretending that i did.

    by all means, go right ahead and only use sacks to judge the performance of a pass rusher, its clearly all you know.

    by the way, how come jj watt is getting so much praise for how well he is playing yet he only has 3.5 sacks? i guess those people didn't get the donko fan memo, did they?

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    ok you take your almost sacks ill take Von, Aldon, JJ Watt, and Geno Atkins!
    jj watt only has 3.5 sacks, why would you want him?

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    It is only because it can cause mistakes for some QB's like Rivers, but he only insists this when it suits him. When we claimed Ayers had multiple QB Hits and Hurries each year the response was that those stats dont matter.
    when did you claim that and when did i make that response? there are so many of you here completely making stuff up.

    i know all of you are well aware that pressure is very important to a defense and not just sacks, you are the ones making the arguments that only suits you and you are accomplishing nothing but showing your ignorance to the subject.

    i mean, how many of you claim i said this or that about how well freeney is playing when i have not once said anything of the sort? i used an article about freeney that someone else wrote that reflects my opinion on the subject (how pressures are important), nothing more.

    pathetic smack talking donkey fans are pathetic. lol

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yes because teams bench their starting QB's all of the time to "see what kind of progress he has made"

    truth is, and this is the ultimate truth, you and the other biased charger/rivers haters here are the only ones i have ever seen make this argument....EVER.

    you are just making this argument because the one that you and so many others here used to make about the chargers not re-signing him gets shot down here on a regular basis.

    but hey, i cant fault you for trying something different when you know your go to argument just wont fly.
    Don't like the quotes from Marty? Take it up with him....they are not my words.
    You have said many many times Brees was so terrible he had to be replaced and lost his job in 2003.....I simply said multiple times he was still a young qb going through growing pains and clearly -by the guys own coaches statement- I was exactly right. You only downplay the fateful decisions because they hurt to accept. Stop ignoring the reality that the team decided to move on from Brees waaaaay before any bad shoulder.

    Those fateful few years from the end of 2003 season to the start of the 06 season are things we will laugh at your franchise for forever. You can (and will) downplay those fateful decisions forever but they don't change the bottom line...they were poor decisions that have only been magnified by time and results.

    Deal with it guy....no matter how much you try you will never ever convince anybody the decision to move on from Brees was a solid choice. Blame his 03 season, blame the shoulder, but bottom line it was a terrible call. Your team chose Rivers over Drew Brees TWICE!! LMAO forever

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,340
    This isn't a hard concept to understand. Which is exactly why Baph is having a hard time. He's a little slow sometimes guys, cut him some slack

    If you're getting pressure on the QB consistently, you will, from time to time, actually get to the QB. If you rarely if ever get to the QB, your "stats" comprising of simply "pressures" are hollow at best, even if you have a lot of them. There are so many instances where a player can get a "pressure" that to assume that means they are all up in the QB's face, really making him sweat, is naive, and absolutely football ignorant. Saying that a QB was "Hurried" for instance, (one thing that is counted as a pressure), is so utterly objective, I don't know how you could even really use that as a quantifiable statistic. Fact is, you can't. People that don't day in day out talk out of their ass know this.

    You wanna know if your D-line is playing well? How is your team doing against the run? What's that you say SD? You're 28th in the league giving up an average gain of 5.2 yards per carry, and 25th in yards allowed? Hmmm, interesting.
    Last edited by kishzilla; 10-03-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •