Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Except it wasn't a pressure it was a QB hit... and no they are not the same thing or recorded as the same stat

a pressure can do the same exact thing , it can force a QB to make a throw before he is ready, its really just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    awe dont bust his lil make believe pressure dream

yoi know that sack on manning in the third.was just a very good pressure that sadly became a drive ending sack...wasted a good pressure
    still not as good as a game killing int that was forced by a DE that didn't get a sack on the play, what gives? guess he didn't get your sacks are the only stat that matters memo

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    a pressure can do the same exact thing , it can force a QB to make a throw before he is ready, its really just common sense.

except he didnt make.manning throw before he wanted....he reached over a block and hit his elbow as he was releasing it....thats in the books as a qb hit

still not as good as a game killing int that was forced by a DE that didn't get a sack on the play, what gives? guess he didn't get your sacks are the only stat that matters memo
    baprod...a QB HIT that results in turnover...and a sack that kills a drive

are both better than a pressure

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    baprod...a QB HIT that results in turnover...and a sack that kills a drive

are both better than a pressure
    arapatroll.... a QB hurry that results in an int because the QB threw the ball before he wanted or made a bad decision because he was under pressure, that is also better than a sack. or are you telling me that never happens? LOL

arapatroll.... a QB hurry that results in an int because the QB threw the ball before he wanted or made a bad decision because he was under pressure, that is also better than a sack. or are you telling me that never happens? LOL
    ohh sure i probably happens occasionaly....but qbs that are vets are less likely to be efffected by..mere pressure....they see it...feel it and most times beat it

but hitting a qbs arm....like what happened to manning....was not a pressure
    the sack fumble he first game...was not a pressure

now theres two turnovers by manning from sacks and hits....show me one turnover committed by manning against the bolts this year that was the result of pressure

No hitting a quarterback as he throws is not going to cause the same exact thing as being near him when he throws..quite possibly the dumbest thing you have ever said or even implied...and that's truly saying something..
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Who would say that never happens? You seem to think getting pressures makes you a good pass rusher.one is a definitive thing..sacks..the other is "well it might have cause something you cant prove at all to have happened". Guess what not only do you get a sack for sure when you get one but you might also cause a fumble.... Hurrys/pressures are fine and dandy when it is all you can do "Like barney to powder blue dino" but I would prefer Von who gets a lot of both
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No hitting a quarterback as he throws is not going to cause the same exact thing as being near him when he throws..quite possibly the dumbest thing you have ever said or even implied...and that's truly saying something..
    a pressure can and does cause QB's to throw passes before they are ready or it causes them to make poor decisions resulting in an int., especially when they are flushed out of the pocket. if you don't think that happens you are truly clueless

a pressure can and does cause QB's to throw passes before they are ready or it causes them to make poor decisions resulting in an int., especially when they are flushed out of the pocket. if you don't think that happens you are truly clueless
    whats clueless is the idealology that just pressureing a qb is just as good as hitting a qb as he throws or actualy sacking a qb....qbs throw picks in a clean un pressured pocket all the time

your trying to justify barnys inability to actualy sack a qb....sacks create fumbles...fumbles create scoreing oppertunities for the defense as well as turn the ball over

qbs throw tds under pressure too...they throw first downs under pressure too

they dont throw tds when they are sacked

get over it...you gotta be the only football fan in america trying to put more importance on a pressure then a sack....stupid

Freeney 2013 - 2 tackles .5 sack
    Phillips - Yesterday 2 tackles 2 sacks

Phillips ended the season with 10 sacks in total....the same number as Freeney and Dumervil combined. I would say his signing was a great one.
    It would be great to have Dumervil right about now, but you gotta love Phillips production. We knew we werent getting a prime time Phillips and there would be ups and downs (like there have) but he has certainly been a surprise.