• b

11 18.33%
  • C

1 1.67%
  • D

1 1.67%
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    My question is valid. Peyton isnt going to throw 7 TDs every game. The Ravens put up a pretty good score considering they are a team that is rebuilding. If we hit a team like Seattle that has a formidable D we are going to need to shore up those deep seams they were getting on us. I am enjoying the sweet victory but in reality we beat the pants off a subpar team
    Seattle doesn't really have any vertical threats. Even if Harvin comes back, he doesn't make a ton of plays down the field, he didn't catch any pass over 20 yards last year. In his 4 season career, he only had 13 receptions over 20 yards. They don't really have another speed threat at WR

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    My question is valid. Peyton isnt going to throw 7 TDs every game. The Ravens put up a pretty good score considering they are a team that is rebuilding. If we hit a team like Seattle that has a formidable D we are going to need to shore up those deep seams they were getting on us. I am enjoying the sweet victory but in reality we beat the pants off a subpar team
    Want the honest answer? Flacco has a big arm and Smith is fast.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Honestly did not see Ravens beat us deep. One of their scores came after the muffed punt inside the 10. We are not going to hold a team like the Ravens to no scores. They are a very good team.

I struggle with this black and white thinking at times. They complete a couple of passes longer than 20 y and all of a sudden our deep ball defence is a problem.
    Last edited by VikingBronco; 09-06-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by VikingBronco View Post
    Honestly did not see Ravens beat us deep. One of their scores came after the muffed punt inside the 10. We are not going to hold a team like the Ravens to no scores. They are a very good team.

I struggle with this black and white thinking at times. They complete a couple of passes longer than 20 y and all of a sudden our deep ball defence is a problem.
    It's pretty funny. They're an NFL team the defending superbowl champions even but we are supposed to hold them to 0 yards.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    It's pretty funny. They're an NFL team the defending superbowl champions even but we are supposed to hold them to 0 yards.
    Even without Champ Bailey lol

Really as long as we aren't giving up TDs like we did to the Texans last year, I don't see a reason to worry. Joe Flacco looked like the mediocre QB he is today because of how good our defense played.

14 points were given away via a special teams fumble and a rookie mistake that kept a drive alive. The reality is, manning just needed to score 28 points to win this game.

People are over thinking this IMHO.

Totally agree.

Want the honest answer? Flacco has a big arm and Smith is fast.
    Agreed but at the same time can you also not say that the ravens had a easy (easier) time driving on us before jones got hurt. Once he got hurt flacco only had 3 WR to throw to including old man stokley
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

I dont think anyone is saying that. Correct me if im wrong though.

I just think most people here are thinking our D is much better (without much evidence) than they really are.
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Errr... when did that happen?

Because 7 ate 9...

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86 View Post
    Agreed but at the same time can you also not say that the ravens had a easy (easier) time driving on us before jones got hurt. Once he got hurt flacco only had 3 WR to throw to including old man stokley
    It doesn't really make much of a difference, Jacoby Jones is not a good WR. Honestly Marlon Brown looked better out there than Jones did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Errr... when did that happen?
    You didnt see it? Flacco threw the ball to a wide open smith who ran 99 yards into the endzone but the play got overturned due to never happening.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It doesn't really make much of a difference, Jacoby Jones is not a good WR. Honestly Marlon Brown looked better out there than Jones did.
    Maybe not. Although it is hard to argue that when he was in there their O as a whole did a lot better.

Not that flacco is a great QB especially with the cast he has around him currently