Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Let's be good people not just fans...

Want to start off by saying this is only intended for the people that do this...as a group I think our fans (at least on here, for the most part are pretty good) but anyhow

I don't like it when our fans rub it in other team's faces, whether it's our success or their team's shortcomings...I think it's super childish and not cool...

Like we sucked for a minute too, remember what that feels like? I understand some of it is just having fun or joking around but it doee suck when your team is struggling and everyone gives you flack for it...that's why everyone hates NE fans (most NE fans) cuz as a whole, they tend to do this stuff the most...Nobody likes arrogant, cocky, n disrespectful...enjoy our success and leave it at that

Let's not forget that yeah SD had two MNF disasters the last two years n not to mention some other issues finishing (one that let BAL into the playoffs last year being the worst)...but 4 years straight we pissed the playoffs away...'06, '07, '08, and '09...actually in '07 I think we just missed them period but '06, '08, n '09 were all ridiculously bad choke jobs

I would think lowly of any Charger fan who would rub that in my face back then, so let's be better than that...Let's enjoy our success to the max, but be cool about it n leave it at that

Go Broncos!...Tough game coming up but like I've said before, this team is legendary good, best WR trio and the best CB trio in the NFL (best cb group entirely too)...along with so much else..

Gonna be a great season but let's be classy about it...
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 09-10-2013 at 10:15 AM.

I tried to express this feeling last year too when I felt everyone on the boards was being too cocky and disrespectful to all the opposing fans who wanted to discuss the potential playoff matches.

It reminded me a lot of the Pats fans as you stated. I got flamed for this though and just kept being told that what we do as fans has no impact on the game.

While that is true it is not an excuse to be unclassy.

I don't have a problem with some joking like the post of rivers that caused you to start this thread. But the arrogance shown towards other fan bases does annoy me.

It's the most annoying thing in the world when the team is down and other fans do it to us. So I understand some fans want to return the favor now. But part of being a classy fan base is being the bigger man/woman and not.

With that said I still hope the Chargers d continues to be terrible and we run away with the division.

Go Broncos!!

Yes......but reasoning with a Raiders fan is like dealing with a 5 year old having a tantrum.......

I completely agree with the sentiment, but I think practically, it's very difficult to adhere to. While it would be easy to sit back and just enjoy what our team is accomplishing, most of us have been through the down periods you were talking about, and experienced the heckling from other teams, especially those in our division. And some people probably feel like it's time to return the favor. Right wrong or the other, it's human nature. I'm not saying I condone it, but I can at least understand it. We are going to have another down period, all teams do, and when it comes, the ridicule will come with it. It's the ebb and flow of the league. I don't choose to participate, but I'm a short redhead with freckles, I'm used to turning the other cheek.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I have been a Bronco fan since I was eight years old and at that time really new one player, Floyd Little. I have been thru many highs and many lows. This Broncos team is definitely a high in the Broncos history. And we should be very grateful for what we have. It amazes me that we blow out a team and alot of the people on the boards nit-pick every issue. It happens, when your team is good you feel proud so some cockyness comes out. We just have to realise that, although we are good, we still can get beat by ANY team, including the lowly Raiders. Yes, when you are on the top, there is going to be hate. you just have to be understanding of that.

Man you must have never have never been on the chargers forums cause them guys are all lowly lowly punks. You can't have a decent conversation with any of those tools

Some here have experienced on-the-field sportsmanship. What is being proposed on this thread is to translate that into internet sportsmanship. There are some good examples on this message board as well as some poor ones. Positive and negative reinforcement may be the most practical approach, and is seen on almost a daily basis here.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Man you must have never have never been on the chargers forums cause them guys are all lowly lowly punks. You can't have a decent conversation with any of those tools
    Did you come from there?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Did you come from there?
    Heck no I've been on this board for like 5 years but I do have a account on the chargers boards and let me tell you that is a messed up place with some messed up fans. Just rude rude people

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Heck no I've been on this board for like 5 years but I do have a account on the chargers boards and let me tell you that is a messed up place with some messed up fans. Just rude rude people
    Tell me about it.

If you're talking strictly on these boards then yeah I would agree but that's where my " classyness" ends.

you wanna be nice and polite...

STAY OUTTA SMACK...its not called, lets be nice and not rub their noses in it forum

if we lose I fully expect to hear it...on the other hand if we win or some body who has been running their mouth in smack has their team loose..yeah they gonna hear it

we can have a rainbow and unicorn forum if you wish

With every fanbase you will have your fans who talk the most trash just to rub it in and you will have your humble fans who just accept the amazing things your team does and enjoy it. I'm not the kind of person to rub it in someones face that we're good but it does feel good to be good. What a turnaround from the 2010 season in only 3 years.

I think when it's on our own forums it shouldn't matter what you say as long as you say it in the right place (smack, etc.).

I don't really approve of any of our fans going to their message boards and starting a bunch of threads and trolling like the now-absentee Ravens fans who came here before last thursday. Unless it's in their smack forum too. But it still kind of makes us look bad.

I agree. I love talking to posters on other teams forums. I try to be respectful over there and not rub it in, win or lose.

CP to the OP
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.