Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 201
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieC View Post
    I agree to the fact that the management at the Denver Broncos has a hard time admitting when they are wrong about draft picks. They are willing to give every opportunity to the drafted picks, especially higher draft picks, before UDFA's get their chance. With that said, we are in a win NOW mode, If not now, when? What else does our back up RB's need to do, Or more importantly, Not do in order for CJ to get his chance. CJ made our 53 man roster for a reason. Deactivate Hilman for a couple of weeks and lets see what he can do. He is healthy and deserves a chance.
    We have no idea that this is the case. In fact, I can't think of a team owner or GM that comes to the podium and says, "we were wrong about [insert Draft pick]."

    First of all, no one can predict the future. The fans don't see anything better than scouts who do this for a living do. Second, they are professionals who stand by their decisions. The coaches and scouts get to watch all of these guys practice, from the 1st pick to the UDFA's. If they think one player is better, he will get to play. That's all there is to it. Just because a high pick isn't playing well doesn't mean some UDFA is better. In fact, it could just mean the UDFA is THAT bad and the high pick is their only choice. Or, the high pick maybe practices really well but struggles in games, yet has earned the right to a few chances based on practices and work ethic.

    There are any number of reasons for why it goes this way. I promise you it's not something dumb like, "Well, we drafted him high, better FORCE it to work. Can't admit to not being as smart as a few fans who know absolutely nothing about this process..."

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milford, CT.
    Posts
    61
    Dude, take a chill pill. The fans or myself do not need the Broncos management to admit that they mad a bad decision on a couple of picks. It happens on every football team.(how long did we hold on to the wasted Blake pick?) We also just released a 5th round pick for this past years draft. I get it. We are not going to hit on every pick. No problem. My point was that higher draft picks will get more opportunities then lower or UDFA's. This article was about CJ Anderson, and does he deserve a chance now. I believe he does. The only reason they kept him the 53 man roster was because he played well in the preseason and someone else would have picked him up if he was on are practice squad. He is healthy now and in my opinion, he deserves a chance. Thats it. I am a die hard Broncos fan for the last 30 years. I will respect any decision the Broncos make but I like to think we can come to this forum to voice are opinions.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milford, CT.
    Posts
    61

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,182



    Hopefully its this week

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,993
    Yea its the perfect time, what I saw of him in the pre season, man he looked explosive. Fox needs to give the dude some carries.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,545
    possibly. i see monte ball getting more carries and hillman limited to just a few, kinda switching rolls. i think the problem is pass protection. hillman and ball aren't great at it, yet hillman has a leg up. personally, i see cj coming after the bye. gives teams like ne and kc no tape on him, with all these important games coming up. he needs to be able to pass block or its a waste. that is our real issue, keeping PFM upright. that is the end all be all. cannot stress it enough. with that said, i would early on look for KM to get more carries and define a running game to alleviate the OL pass blocking. new formations as well. possible JT doesn't see as much time due to his pass blocking skills. not a ton of plays, but a few.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    We have no idea that this is the case. In fact, I can't think of a team owner or GM that comes to the podium and says, "we were wrong about [insert Draft pick]."

    First of all, no one can predict the future. The fans don't see anything better than scouts who do this for a living do. Second, they are professionals who stand by their decisions. The coaches and scouts get to watch all of these guys practice, from the 1st pick to the UDFA's. If they think one player is better, he will get to play. That's all there is to it. Just because a high pick isn't playing well doesn't mean some UDFA is better. In fact, it could just mean the UDFA is THAT bad and the high pick is their only choice. Or, the high pick maybe practices really well but struggles in games, yet has earned the right to a few chances based on practices and work ethic.

    There are any number of reasons for why it goes this way. I promise you it's not something dumb like, "Well, we drafted him high, better FORCE it to work. Can't admit to not being as smart as a few fans who know absolutely nothing about this process..."
    None of them say "we were wrong about draft pick <insert name here>" they simply state that they are working towards building the best team possible and that the player they drafted competed and didn't make the 53 man roster.

    Example include:

    - Tavarres King
    - Vinston Painter


    We have cut other players from a previous regime but frankly we cannot use those as examples.

    If I were to parle this into what other teams have done then we can see what teams like the Vikings have done with Ponder and what the Bucaneers have done with Freeman. They stuck with them for far to long and have only recently shown they are not happy.

    As a fan I am not looking for my team to Admit they made an error. Frankly I expect there to be a few busts every once in a while. The real thing I do expect to see is some logic being used. Having a player work in practise is not the same as working in a game. Some players might look great in practise and then on game day simply cannot cut it. At some point for some players as a coach you need to make a call to see what else you have there. In my opinion M.Ball has had many opportunities to prove himself and has made some critical errors during some critical plays. Perhaps this next game we see what our other rookie RB can do in a game situation if but for nothing else but as a test. If he fumbles like M.Ball or Hillman have done then he is on par with his peers. If he can hold onto the ball and play well then arguably he should remain on the field. I think at this stage we are at the point where the risk of putting in C.J. is well worth the potential reward.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    possibly. i see monte ball getting more carries and hillman limited to just a few, kinda switching rolls. i think the problem is pass protection. hillman and ball aren't great at it, yet hillman has a leg up. personally, i see cj coming after the bye. gives teams like ne and kc no tape on him, with all these important games coming up. he needs to be able to pass block or its a waste. that is our real issue, keeping PFM upright. that is the end all be all. cannot stress it enough. with that said, i would early on look for KM to get more carries and define a running game to alleviate the OL pass blocking. new formations as well. possible JT doesn't see as much time due to his pass blocking skills. not a ton of plays, but a few.
    I also see a change at Centre coming after the Bye week as well. There have been a few who have noted that Ramirez has struggled to cover after the snap and even in the indy game snapped the ball both high and low multiple times. I think the Broncos would be more inclined to see JT improve his blocking skills in the by week rather than use him less. That said I also see Dreessen and JT perhaps working on some 2 TE sets in the bye week which would really make for an interesting offence.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    164
    CJ's Post just confirms what we all beleive that CJ will be the man at RB! Time for a change! I rememebr when Coach Fox was a proponet of the running game and he had two dynamic running backs in Carolina in Stewart and DeAngelo well I think it is for sure time for us to see what CJ can bring and I suspect is nothing but his A GAME!

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,665
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEFIED View Post
    CJ's Post just confirms what we all beleive that CJ will be the man at RB! Time for a change! I rememebr when Coach Fox was a proponet of the running game and he had two dynamic running backs in Carolina in Stewart and DeAngelo well I think it is for sure time for us to see what CJ can bring and I suspect is nothing but his A GAME!
    Uh yeah, I dunno about all that.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Uh yeah, I dunno about all that.
    Guess we will see right!!

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEFIED View Post
    CJ's Post just confirms what we all beleive that CJ will be the man at RB! Time for a change! I rememebr when Coach Fox was a proponet of the running game and he had two dynamic running backs in Carolina in Stewart and DeAngelo well I think it is for sure time for us to see what CJ can bring and I suspect is nothing but his A GAME!
    Im inclined to agree and am hopefull its true. That post from C.J. reminds me of his running style. He runs hard and strong and I cant wait to see him get a few carries. If he doesnt work out it was at least worth a shot.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by gaberox View Post
    Im inclined to agree and am hopefull its true. That post from C.J. reminds me of his running style. He runs hard and strong and I cant wait to see him get a few carries. If he doesnt work out it was at least worth a shot.
    You are 100% correct if he doesn't work out it for sure would be worth a shot !!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    He fumbled twice,but lost one...while Manning lost two fumbles and yet people are making all types of excuses for him...And..btw....Manning has 5 turnovers,most on the team and yet people is ignoring that part.....

    I understand Hillman needs hold onto the ball but you can't crucify him,while ignoring Manning's,Balls, and the rest of the offense turnovers either...

    And let's not forget Holliday fumbled in that game and yet nobody isn't even talking about his....which set up the first touchdown...

    I don't understand how fans can look pass a quarterback's turnovers and yet look at a second string running and crucify him...especially when that running back hardly get any reps,while the quarterback touch the ball on every offensive play,but somehow people want to disregard his turnovers but point the finger at a second string running back...

    I know the board like Manning,but Manning needs to hold onto just like anybody else...He's not immune to criticisms,but somehow fans want to make excuses for him...especially how poorly he played for 3 quarters....

    It sickens me how people are excusing Manning's turnovers and yet want to crucify a 2 year running back...especially when that starting quarterback audible to that run play...


    Again,Im excusing Hillman's fumble,but I find it ridiculous that many fans are ignoring Manning's and Hollidays turnovers....and yet blame Hillman's for the game....it makes no sense at all....






    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. So you want to blame the QB for getting blindsided because of bad blocking or you want to blame the QB for tipped balls because there someone not blocked and hit his arm. You also realize its a little easier to forgive the QB (especially Manning) when ....oh I don't know ... He's responsible for almost ALL the offensive production... Hillman can be excused for this fumble when he has 25TD's in 7 games ... But when you get the ball like 5-10 times a game and you are fumbling at his rate... IT IS INEXCUSABLE! And the next time I hear someone say ... "Well it was a bad play call" ... So bad play calls now give you the freedom to just drop the ball?? Go look at the play... I would even be singing a different tune had Hillman got held up by like 2 guys and another guy ripped it out...THAT WASNT THE CASE! He was careless... Middle of the line and he had ONE ARM ON IT! And the same would go with Manning if I thought those turnovers were "careless" then I'd be ripping him... But Mathis is GREAT and he toasted the left Tackle leaving Manning hanging out to dry.. So your blaming him for that?? LOL

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,489
    Fumbles aside, there were dropped passes, missed blocking assignments, and 3 & 1's that went nowhere.

    Knoshown has surprised me this year with his overall play but we need someone to run between the tackles. None of these 3 are doing very well in that area and maybe CJ Anderson can provide that aspect of the running game for us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •