Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    While this comment on twitter appears to be in response to Madden(?) it is still concerning. Hopefully everything is OK.

C.J. Anderson ‏@CjAndersonRB9 23 Oct
    @metalheadmushin @Pain2ThaMaxx I am having some personal issues going on I won't be able 2 play

I highly doubt we see CJ before the bye. The bye is the time when the coaching staff reevaluates player personal. The players have 4 days off during the bye as per the CBA. The coaching staff will work on adjustments and personal while the players take a little R&R.

Of the Broncos nine remaining games, three are against split front defenses. CJ's running style is well suited for the best run plays against odd front defenses which will be seen in six of the remaining nine games. CJ's running isn't the question about putting him in a game, or not. It's his blocking and receiving which only the coaching staff knows right now. Fans don't know because that first preseason game was the only look we have. CJ must have impressed the coaches as he was kept over Jacob Hester.

Washington's run D is currently ranked 29th. Who knows? Might be a good time to activate CJ and give him some carries. That decision has already been made. Regardless of who the RBs will be, the rushing attack should be between the Tackles since rule of thumb is it's a waste of time trying to get outside on a 3-4/50 D.
    Last edited by samparnell; 10-25-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick .. What if Anderson stinks it up too?

It was the right move but it's not a success yet.
    Can't get any worse, my friend. If it does, then he will be sent down too. I hope all Broncos fans this weekend give him a warm welcome to the latest UDFA to make the field. He deserves it. GO BRONCOS...........

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieC View Post
    Can't get any worse, my friend. If it does, then he will be sent down too. I hope all Broncos fans this weekend give him a warm welcome to the latest UDFA to make the field. He deserves it. GO BRONCOS...........
    True .. as long as he doesn't fumble and gain around 4 yards a carry it's an improvement .

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Who cares about the draft picks? Put the best man on the field. Rod Smith was a UDFA. I wander if Elway would have rather not played him in lieu of some other WR that was drafted? You don't have to give up on Hillman. They didn't give up on Moreno, did they? Just sit him for a few games and see what the guy behind him can do, as he clearly can't do much worse. In the meantime, Hillman can work on ball security. If after a few games it's not working out with CJ, then ok, reactivate Hillman.
    Don't want to open a can of worms, but ... Montee Ball?

Just read Ronnie is benched and CJ is next man up!

I want CJ to take the Lead Back....
    I was really wishing Hillman was going to be the Feature back this year However the Fumbles did him in this year so I hope that he can and will learn from his mistakes and improve in this area!! Maybe he needs to Bulk Up get stronger arms I don't really know! What I do know is that I am excited to see CJ take the Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ???
    Sorry, just a little fired up. I had to defend my support to activate CJ on several posts here and on the orange mane. I know there are no guarantees, but at least now he gets a chance. That's all I wanted. GO BRONCOS....

This is all making me wish the Broncos made a play for Reggie Bush.

Reggie Bush? No way he can not stay healthy You will see CJ is our next TD I feel it

This will be an interesting game to observe. The coaches know more than we do, but the timing of Hillman's fumbles were clearly a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Don't want to open a can of worms, but ... Montee Ball?
    I don't have any issue with putting Ball on the field more, assuming he doesn't get Manning killed, which is his biggest issue I think. I don't think he had a single carry against Indy, did he? I wander what's up with that. He has had fumble issues as well, though, so maybe that's what is keeping him off the field.

Honestly, I don't care who runs the ball for the Broncos. I just want the Broncos to be able to run the ball successfully. CJ Anderson looked good in preseason and I assume he has out played Hillman during practice since he is getting the nod. Anyway, guess we are about to find out what he can do.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

I don't have any issue with putting Ball on the field more, assuming he doesn't get Manning killed, which is his biggest issue I think. I don't think he had a single carry against Indy, did he? I wander what's up with that. He has had fumble issues as well, though, so maybe that's what is keeping him off the field.

Honestly, I don't care who runs the ball for the Broncos. I just want the Broncos to be able to run the ball successfully. CJ Anderson looked good in preseason and I assume he has out played Hillman during practice since he is getting the nod. Anyway, guess we are about to find out what he can do.
    I expect all three RBs will get carries against the 29th ranked rush defense, and that PAP will play a big part of the passing attack.

Ball only seems to be able to run right now. When he's in, opposing defenses know that's all he's going to do (for now) so they completely sell out on it and limit his yards. He also had one costly fumble near the goal line.

CJ probably isn't out-playing Hillman in practice, but Hillman played himself out of the starting lineup with costly fumbles. Like someone who's promoted to management, but then shows inconsistent productivity, perhaps an odd attitude, and doesn't quite earn the respect of his or her employees.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEFIED View Post
    Reggie Bush? No way he can not stay healthy You will see CJ is our next TD I feel it
    If I remember all the post draft hype correctly...wasn't M. Ball supposed to be the "next TD"?