Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    KC don't look very convincing. Its hard to take a team seriously when they are scraping by a Fitzpatrick led Tennessee team.

I've seen this before, a good D pulling out tight W's and helping out a very limited O.

They look in good shape for a wildcard but are light years from Denver and any hopes of challenging for the West are not very realistic IMO.

The Chiefs D is good, but its not SF or Seattle good.

This team looks a replica of the last Chiefs team who went to the playoffs. A good, solid D and a game manager who beat up on a soft schedule and then looked completely out of place when the playoffs began.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Let's do some math.

Take away the 7 points from KC, add 3 to Ten assuming they kick a FG instead of go for it on 4th down.

That would be 20-19 Tenn, so....

That changes the entire complex of that game, and Tenn had a backup QB in the game.
    And if KC actually tries to score a TD instead of kicking a FG at the end of the game..

Or if I had wings and played on the Chiefs offense..

At the end of the day, our defense did what it does.. Give up less points than our limited offense scores.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    KC don't look very convincing. Its hard to take a team seriously when they are scraping by a Fitzpatrick led Tennessee team.

I've seen this before, a good D pulling out tight W's and helping out a very limited O.

They look in good shape for a wildcard but are light years from Denver and any hopes of challenging for the West are not very realistic IMO.

The Chiefs D is good, but its not SF or Seattle good.

This team looks a replica of the last Chiefs team who went to the playoffs. A good, solid D and a game manager who beat up on a soft schedule and then looked completely out of place when the playoffs began.
    It may be about time we stop repeating the same lines over and over again about the Chiefs. At this point, they are 5-0, if they beat Denver once, then they may very well contend for the division. The Titans aren't looking too bad really, and the difference in Locker and Fitzpatrick isn't astounding, some teams just play well without their QB.

We've seen a Super Bowl team barely scrape by or lose to worse teams than Tennessee nearly every year lately....'12 Ravens only beat the 2-14 Chiefs by 3, '11 Giants were swept by the 5-11 Skins and barely skid by MIA during their 0-7 start....'10 Packers lost to the 6-10 Redskins '09 Saints needed a miracle to beat the 4-12 Skins, 08 Steelers barely skid by the Browns in CLE, '07 Giants almost lost to 1-15 MIA.

Basically, barely beating an average team isn't a sign that you suck considering every SB team the last 6 years has barely skid by or lost to a 6-10 or worse team.

Denver gave up 48 points to Dallas, I'm betting KC will find some holes in their defense. They won't let Denver score 51. I see KC beating DEN once at least.

Their D is better than it was in 2010, and Smith is a bit better than Cassell.

Quote Originally Posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    It may be about time we stop repeating the same lines over and over again about the Chiefs. At this point, they are 5-0, if they beat Denver once, then they may very well contend for the division. The Titans aren't looking too bad really, and the difference in Locker and Fitzpatrick isn't astounding, some teams just play well without their QB.

We've seen a Super Bowl team barely scrape by or lose to worse teams than Tennessee nearly every year lately....'12 Ravens only beat the 2-14 Chiefs by 3, '11 Giants were swept by the 5-11 Skins and barely skid by MIA during their 0-7 start....'10 Packers lost to the 6-10 Redskins '09 Saints needed a miracle to beat the 4-12 Skins, 08 Steelers barely skid by the Browns in CLE, '07 Giants almost lost to 1-15 MIA.

Basically, barely beating an average team isn't a sign that you suck considering every SB team the last 6 years has barely skid by or lost to a 6-10 or worse team.

Denver gave up 48 points to Dallas, I'm betting KC will find some holes in their defense. They won't let Denver score 51. I see KC beating DEN once at least.

No probs with you being a KC believer. Me personally am not. I think Denver wins the division by 3-4 games (KC helped by their schedule to get it that close and beats the Chiefs twice.

I think KC are pretty decent and a wildcard team, they are not close to the true elite teams in the league IMO

If I was ranking them in a power poll it would be around 10.

The only result apart from Denver I care about is NE. Its a straight shoot-out for homefield.

Fair points but Eli and Flacco are much better than Smith is.

And all those QB's, was talking with a Chiefs fan last night.

They aren't bad enough to suck but aren't good enough to reach the mountain top. Basically in the middle, worst spot to be.

Take out Hali, Houston, Flowers, Derrick Johnson, and Sean Smith, how does KC do, my guess not very good.

You have a point but KC doesn't have the weapons to beat us through the air that Dallas does.

Oh yeah, we have that Von Miller guy coming back, I hear he is pretty good.

Oh, and Fitz is a huge downgrade from Locker.

Regards to beating us, they are gonna have to put up at a bare minimum of 24-27+ and if the defense is anywhere near full strength, i don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    No probs with you being a KC believer. Me personally am not. I think Denver wins the division by 3-4 games (KC helped by their schedule to get it that close and beats the Chiefs twice.

I think KC are pretty decent and a wildcard team, they are not close to the true elite teams in the league IMO

If I was ranking them in a power poll it would be around 10.

The only result apart from Denver I care about is NE. Its a straight shoot-out for homefield.
    I doubt NE will be in the homefield race, they didn't look so great versus the Bengals. They're still a good team, but they aren't elite. They were 4-0 due to their schedule. TB is winless, Buffalo isn't good, they just edged past the Jets, and from how ATL is playing that win may not be that impressive either.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Fair points but Eli and Flacco are much better than Smith is.

And all those QB's, was talking with a Chiefs fan last night.

They aren't bad enough to suck but aren't good enough to reach the mountain top. Basically in the middle, worst spot to be.

Take out Hali, Houston, Flowers, Derrick Johnson, and Sean Smith, how does KC do, my guess not very good.

You have a point but KC doesn't have the weapons to beat us through the air that Dallas does.

Oh yeah, we have that Von Miller guy coming back, I hear he is pretty good.

Oh, and Fitz is a huge downgrade from Locker.

Regards to beating us, they are gonna have to put up at a bare minimum of 24-27+ and if the defense is anywhere near full strength, i don't see that happening.
    Chiefs won't put up 48, but they'll put up something good. Plus, I'm willing to bet that at least in KC they will get a few picks of Manning they may return for TDs considering how good they are at turnovers and how pass heavy Denver is. Your basically saying without their 5 most key defensive players they wouldn't look too good, I figure most teams would suffer with the loss of their 5 most key defensive players.

The SB teams may have had better QBs, but the main point there was that playing a mediocre team close doesn't mean your not a contender. Every SB winning team the last 6 years, and really most teams since the 2000s have had a close game with a bad team at least once, bad teams at times have a good day against a top level team.

Fitz is better than you think he is, he's really not that terrible of a QB.

I doubt NE will be in the homefield race, they didn't look so great versus the Bengals. They're still a good team, but they aren't elite. They were 4-0 due to their schedule. TB is winless, Buffalo isn't good, they just edged past the Jets, and from how ATL is playing that win may not be that impressive either.
    I don't like to presume anything but really hard seeing any team in the AFC stopping us

Chiefs won't put up 48, but they'll put up something good. Plus, I'm willing to bet that at least in KC they will get a few picks of Manning they may return for TDs considering how good they are at turnovers and how pass heavy Denver is. Your basically saying without their 5 most key defensive players they wouldn't look too good, I figure most teams would suffer with the loss of their 5 most key defensive players.

The SB teams may have had better QBs, but the main point there was that playing a mediocre team close doesn't mean your not a contender. Every SB winning team the last 6 years, and really most teams since the 2000s have had a close game with a bad team at least once, bad teams at times have a good day against a top level team.

Fitz is better than you think he is, he's really not that terrible of a QB.
    Im saying you're basing this Dallas game off that when our top five guys on defense were out. And Alex can't make many of the throws Romo did that game or avoid pressure that Romo did. Alex has a terrible pocket presence, once someone gets near him, he's sacked.

They may get a turnover or so in KC but that's pretty much how they will need to win. If we don't turn it over much, they won't beat us provided health of course.