Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Results 181 to 191 of 191
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Thanks Peanut, you are the Elway of the boards
    Thanks.


    The Lists are up for May.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,896
    I know this has been discussed before......but I was wondering if, after a reasonable length of time has elapsed, an automated solution was not possible to provide us with Membership Lists like in days of old.

    I do not understand the technicalities, but the list provided some good info, and it would save on manually updating every month.

    I am sure you folks would rather it be in the automated format, but is there no solution long term? Techies sometimes rule this planet, and one can never underestimate their capabilities....at the right price of course!

    Thx

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I know this has been discussed before......but I was wondering if, after a reasonable length of time has elapsed, an automated solution was not possible to provide us with Membership Lists like in days of old.

    I do not understand the technicalities, but the list provided some good info, and it would save on manually updating every month.

    I am sure you folks would rather it be in the automated format, but is there no solution long term? Techies sometimes rule this planet, and one can never underestimate their capabilities....at the right price of course!

    Thx
    Trust me, I would love for the automated list to come back. I would get at least 3 hours of my time back.

    The bolded. I don't remember what good info there was except it linked their profile to their name. If that's what you want, you can search for the name.

    RYO has asked the tech team a few times. He really wants to take the burden off of me.

    The reason it was disabled (and I think it has been mentioned in this thread) is because the spam bots attach themselves to the List. It slows the MB significantly. To the point that we had complaints. The slowdown drove everyone crazy.

    Yes, I would like to have my 3 hours back each month, but I know members want to see their progress (and their friends). It's something that I don't mind doing because we care about the community. And we want to make you all happy.

    Right now, this is the best we can do.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Trust me, I would love for the automated list to come back. I would get at least 3 hours of my time back.

    The bolded. I don't remember what good info there was except it linked their profile to their name. If that's what you want, you can search for the name.

    RYO has asked the tech team a few times. He really wants to take the burden off of me.

    The reason it was disabled (and I think it has been mentioned in this thread) is because the spam bots attach themselves to the List. It slows the MB significantly. To the point that we had complaints. The slowdown drove everyone crazy.

    Yes, I would like to have my 3 hours back each month, but I know members want to see their progress (and their friends). It's something that I don't mind doing because we care about the community. And we want to make you all happy.

    Right now, this is the best we can do.
    Fair enough. I just hadn't thought about it for some time, and wondered if any cool progress might be in order. I never give up on the techies!

    As for info I liked, all I know is I used to go to that list occasionally for whatever reasons. Of course, it was interesting to see where we placed (which is a function you are manually providing), as well as other details I might be looking for.....like I say, been a while.

    But I believe it will be available someday. I guess the bottom line is that it is nice to have various pieces of member info all in one place, when we want to see it.

    All good.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    List is updated.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    The List is updated for July.

    I will have the congrats threads up tomorrow.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    The List is updated for July.

    I will have the congrats threads up tomorrow.
    The threads are up in the Congrats forum.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,100
    Lots of big moves, I like it.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    The List is updated.

    The threads should be in the Congrats forum soon.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    Updated!

    The congrats threads will be up tomorrow.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Updated!

    The congrats threads will be up tomorrow.
    A little later than I thought, but the threads are up in the Congrats forum.

    3 Starters, 1 Captain, 1 ROF and 1 HOF.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •