Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Philly's odd front D would be a good one for CJ to run against.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Philly's odd front D would be a good one for CJ to run against.
    Based on the first 3 weeks it seems like their defense is good for anyone to run against

I think Anderson is in our big plans, he is our best power runner and maybe the most physical RB so I wouldn't be shocked if the only use he got during the season was some FB reps. He will be BIG when it gets cold because we will use him and Ball to physically punish teams

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I think Anderson is in our big plans, he is our best power runner and maybe the most physical RB so I wouldn't be shocked if the only use he got during the season was some FB reps. He will be BIG when it gets cold because we will use him and Ball to physically punish teams
    I think if Ball built up his frame and became a true power back held be a good punisher especially when learns how to deal with not having an overwhelmingly elite line blocking for him like in college. The game is slowing down for him and hes looking better and better so far.

CJ was not really utilized as a traditional power back and didnt see much action on 3rd downs like Ball. Still it would be nice to have a FB to fully utilize our running game. Still CJ is the best combination of power and speed we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I love CJ... but the hate on Ball is starting to annoy me.
    to be clear. I have been critical of Ball but never been hateful. If that is the tone which is being interpreted then that is not the intent of some of my posts. I do have a few issues with how our coaching staff has approached Ball vs. Hillman vs. Moreno for what is effectively the same issue...ball security. Sending consistent messages to the players through consistent action is important.

M.Ball in the last game had some incredible runs. He made two plays that I recall just off the top of my head where he gained big yardage after his first contact. Even with those great plays fumbles at key yardage points in the drive cannot happen. I think most importantly here is they have both been fumbles resulting in a loss of possession. The forums here blew up when Hillman, Moreno & McGahee all caught a strong case of the buttery fingers. Coach Fox stopped playing Hillman as the RB out of the gate after his last fumble in pre-season, Moreno was benched last year and frankly I don't think we could afford to take McGahee out of the game for to many plays since Moreno was not suited up for a good portion of last season. - IMO I think Ball should be bumped down a rung so he can prove himself again and that C.J. should be given an opportunity to prove himself in the RB role. What better player to throw into games now then our biggest back who frankly has different skillsets than most of his fellow team-mates. C.J. has the ability to just push right up the gut and with his size can really cause the opposing Defence to wear down.

This is not be giving up on Ball, this is me wanting a consistent message and to give our other rookie a chance to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I think if Ball built up his frame and became a true power back held be a good punisher especially when learns how to deal with not having an overwhelmingly elite line blocking for him like in college. The game is slowing down for him and hes looking better and better so far.

CJ was not really utilized as a traditional power back and didnt see much action on 3rd downs like Ball. Still it would be nice to have a FB to fully utilize our running game. Still CJ is the best combination of power and speed we have.
    Ball will be a very powerful RB next year, he dropped like 15lbs before the combine to get faster so I wouldn't be shocked if after a full year in a NFL weight program he gets back to somewhere around 225

CJ Anderson was kept on the the active roster while being an unproven, undrafted free agent, and injured.

He obviously, impressed someone.

It feels good to know we have more depth on the way at RB with CJ back healthy.I would love to see him activated this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    to be clear. I have been critical of Ball but never been hateful. If that is the tone which is being interpreted then that is not the intent of some of my posts. I do have a few issues with how our coaching staff has approached Ball vs. Hillman vs. Moreno for what is effectively the same issue...ball security. Sending consistent messages to the players through consistent action is important.

M.Ball in the last game had some incredible runs. He made two plays that I recall just off the top of my head where he gained big yardage after his first contact. Even with those great plays fumbles at key yardage points in the drive cannot happen. I think most importantly here is they have both been fumbles resulting in a loss of possession. The forums here blew up when Hillman, Moreno & McGahee all caught a strong case of the buttery fingers. Coach Fox stopped playing Hillman as the RB out of the gate after his last fumble in pre-season, Moreno was benched last year and frankly I don't think we could afford to take McGahee out of the game for to many plays since Moreno was not suited up for a good portion of last season. - IMO I think Ball should be bumped down a rung so he can prove himself again and that C.J. should be given an opportunity to prove himself in the RB role. What better player to throw into games now then our biggest back who frankly has different skillsets than most of his fellow team-mates. C.J. has the ability to just push right up the gut and with his size can really cause the opposing Defence to wear down.

This is not be giving up on Ball, this is me wanting a consistent message and to give our other rookie a chance to prove himself.
    Good post my friend! I agree

I hope CJ gets to hold the rock at some point during the Eagles game,i will be excited if it happens.He won me over in training camp and I thought his season was over when he got hurt.Glad to see he made the team and battled back!

At this point I like how the coaches handling our rbs.

Give Moreno allot of time because RIGHT NOW he is the best overall back. Moreno is definately not the long term answer tho so give other guys reps and experience at same time coaches get game film to help player improve.

Like allot of people I really like what I saw from CJ but unless there is an injury I do not see him being active on gameday.

Relax CJ fans ... Moreno has had 1 or more injuries in every season he has been a pro...CJ will get time this year....as a bronco fan I hope he sits and learns and plays next year but odds say he plays this year

I just hope CJ realizes even if your current position is selling cell phones at the mall he needs to be rdy if he is called into action week in and week out
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-27-2013 at 07:21 AM.

I've watched CJ for two years at Cal. He's solid and came on pretty strong last year. Was decent his Junior year (he was a JC Transfer). He doesn't have top end speed but learned to run behind one of the worst O-Lines in the country. I'm betting this helped his ability to not go down after first contact. He isn't the godsend that some of you (and I) are hoping for but he is a competent back. He's not a big guy--he's a bowling ball with thick legs. I don't recall him fumbling the rock much either.

I'd temper the excitement but I am expecting good things. I don't recall any egregious whiffs in pass protection either.

No hands though.

Anderson was making some flashy one handed grabs in camp, i think his hands are pretty good, although all of our other rbs are probably better at catching the ball

@CjAndersonRB9 12h
    The day I get a carry ima take this over

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    At this point I like how the coaches handling our rbs.

Give Moreno allot of time because RIGHT NOW he is the best overall back. Moreno is definately not the long term answer tho so give other guys reps and experience at same time coaches get game film to help player improve.

Like allot of people I really like what I saw from CJ but unless there is an injury I do not see him being active on gameday.

Relax CJ fans ... Moreno has had 1 or more injuries in every season he has been a pro...CJ will get time this year....as a bronco fan I hope he sits and learns and plays next year but odds say he plays this year

I just hope CJ realizes even if your current position is selling cell phones at the mall he needs to be rdy if he is called into action week in and week out
    Why must C.J. Anderson getting playing time rely on Moreno getting hurt? As I have previously posted if this staff stays consistent then M.Ball should either not play this game or get VERY limited reps in favour of C.J gettign an opportunit yto prove himself. They treated Hillman that way and they treated Moreno even worse. Moreno has also had a treatment in the off-season which I am hoping has finally corrected the issue with his knee.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-season/18540/

I am personally hoping that a 4- back rotation will prove to be beneficial. keeping fresh legs and allowing for guys to stay in if they are doing well will be a huge boost to our offence. Not to mention 50% of our RB's are rookies and 75% of them are in their 2nd year or less. The quick offence will allow for younger backs to get reps and hopefully assist in pass blocking experience as well.

And on top of that I love this attitude:

@CjAndersonRB9 12h
    The day I get a carry ima take this over

Why is CJ seen as such a great RB?? I am confused. Has anyone here actually seen him yet in game time? To me, its an unknown. I saw anderson in preseason against a 3rd string defense and yes, he was impressive, but is that what all the CJ excitement is over? A 3rd string preseason game?