Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We finally have our Al Wilson

We have been looking for his replacement for years and I feel Wesley Woodyard has grabbed those reins and taken off with it. I really hope we sign him to a long term deal because the man deserves it and is the leader of our defense. Thoughts?

Decker called him our mlb on his show which was recorded in the off-season, he was going to be our mlb all along. He's going to get a long term deal now that he's at mlb. If they kept him at wlb maybe not

And he's a much better tackler. I cant tel you how many times I yelled at the TV when Wilson had one of his patentend forearm tackles where the RB just bounced off and ran for another ten yards.

WW has been a beast in the middle. He keeps serving up crow that I will never mind choking down upon as long as he is a Bronco. He has the attitude and athleticism to play MLB. He is truly the leader out there and that is something that has been missing from our MLB since Wilson. The heart, passion, and fire. The soul of our defense......WW is doing a heck of a job.

And as a side note, Moore and Duke are doing 1 heck of a job as the enforcers of that passion.

I've been a big fan of WW since day one. He's really turned into a heckuva player!

That said, I'm super excited about the entire corps. I liked Trevathan right away and he's in on every tackle and covers pretty well. Irving also looks real good. I'm just giddy over this LB corps with WW anchoring the middle as the undisputed leader. Love it!

We've also probably got (one of) the best young linebacking cores in the league.

Trevathan - 23
    Irving - 25
    Woodyard - 27
    Miller - 24

Love our LBs, I wonder how we will be able to afford our team in a couple years!

I loved Wesley Woodyard since we drafted him. I think he has shown flashes his whole career, so glad he got the chance to show it last year!

Thx,
    Joe

Hopefully that he will be a playmaker for such a long time to come!
    Christmas Time is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by garzjoe View Post
    I loved Wesley Woodyard since we drafted him. I think he has shown flashes his whole career, so glad he got the chance to show it last year!

Thx,
    Joe
    He was undrafted

Can't believe how low his Madden rating is.

I remember back when I was one of the few "delusional" fans who thought he deserved a spot over DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Can't believe how low his Madden rating is.

I remember back when I was one of the few "delusional" fans who thought he deserved a spot over DJ.
    Actually many thought that, though thats not saying much, their were a lot of people who were not DJ fans. Hes not as versatile as Woodyard nor was he ever a leader.

Without Von we still have the 8th best LB corps in the league with him were probably 3rd.

WW is the reason we do not have to worry about running QB's. He is the prototype future MLB as the game is now demanding faster guys who can do more than stuff the run. Cannot express enough how important he is and underrated.

WW is a great player, but comparing him to Al Wilson? That is gutsy, a long ways to go to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    WW is a great player, but comparing him to Al Wilson? That is gutsy, a long ways to go to get there.
    Not really. It's not a comparison of their body of work, but what they brought to the defense at that position. Al was the heart and soul of that defense. WW is the heart and soul of this defense. How both defenses play(ed) is reflective of their on-field generals. That is something that we truly missed at the MLB spot in the past, no matter who the LB was. I was a big DJ guy, but I would never classify him as a leader or a field general. He was a very good LB, but he was never what Al was, nor what WW is now. This defense feeds off WW. He's the first to praise good and the first to get a guy re-focused when that needs to be done as well.

That's your comparison, which is far deeper than just body of work. It's his passion. Something truly missing since Al.