• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELWAY421
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2007

The Ohio State Buckeyes

I might take some heat for this. This goes out to the Michigan Wolverine fans, Sec fans, Ohio St Buckeye haters & anyone else who isn't on the Buckeye ship. Take notice the Buckeys have the nations longest winning streak & fully intend on keeping that streak alive tonight & the rest of the season. The Buckeyes are still looked at like just another Big Ten school who can't hang with the Sec teams in bowl games. But this isn't the same ol Jim Tressel Ohio St team, this is a last years undefeated team & on it's way to being undefeated again this season. There's alot people out there that just might be suprised when this team meets up with the SECs best in the championship & comes out on top........ Braxton Miller & the offense can put up big points on anyone & the defense can shut down any run game in the nation....

Urban Meyer= National Championships
  • InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel
    • Jan 2009

Lol Ohio St. has the worst record vs SEC teams among Big Ten schools. Easy to talk them up when they aren't doing anything but betting up on teams like Florida A&M and crappy Big Ten schools...yes that includes my Wolverines. They suck too just like the rest of the Big Ten. Whom will never be able to hang the SEC. It's more impressive for an SEC team to finish with 1 lost than it is for Ohio to finish undefeated.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• ELWAY421
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Lol Ohio St. has the worst record vs SEC teams among Big Ten schools. Easy to talk them up when they aren't doing anything but betting up on teams like Florida A&M and crappy Big Ten schools...yes that includes my Wolverines. They suck too just like the rest of the Big Ten. Whom will never be able to hang the SEC. It's more impressive for an SEC team to finish with 1 lost than it is for Ohio to finish undefeated.
      I see some of your points about schedules, but who did Alabama beat today? As far as their record vs SEC teams you are correct but your talking about the Jim Tressel Bucks not Urban Meyer Bucks. Meyer knows the SEC very well i think & is able to recruit all over the USA even though the Big Ten is down the Bucks are up. Urban Meyers teams will be better than Jim Tressels wich is scary for Michigan. The days of the Wolverines beating John Cooper are long gone.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
        The ArchAngel
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        I see some of your points about schedules, but who did Alabama beat today? As far as their record vs SEC teams you are correct but your talking about the Jim Tressel Bucks not Urban Meyer Bucks. Meyer knows the SEC very well i think & is able to recruit all over the USA even though the Big Ten is down the Bucks are up. Urban Meyers teams will be better than Jim Tressels wich is scary for Michigan. The days of the Wolverines beating John Cooper are long gone.
        You're buying way too much into to Urban. Ohio St. will always fall flat vs SEC schools, Ohio St. will always be the shamed university in terms of academics among the Big Ten schools, and Ohio St. will never surpass Michigan in the W-L ratio of their rivalry record...Just as Meyers will not be as dominated as Tressel. I respected Tressel...Meyers is just a scum bag.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• ELWAY421
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2007

Why don't you tell me how you really feel? Have you been asleep at the wheel? Urban has two national championships & has been successful wherever he has coached. I think he has shown that he has high standards when it comes to his players at OSU, he suspended Hyde for three games when no charges were ever brought against him. Michigan vs Ohio St 108 total meetings Michigan leads the series 58 to 45 & 6 ties. That gap was alot bigger in the 90s & that gap is closing.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
            The ArchAngel
            • Jan 2009

In when did he last win a championship? Was it last year, the year before, or the year before that? Tim Tebow is the reason Florida won a title not Meyers.

Really he suspended a player, that's pretty amazing feat...doesn't diss prove that OSU lacks in academics compared to the rest of the Big Ten and is more close to an SEC style than Big Ten. SEC being schools that don't care about academics as long as they get good players and win games. Character isn't important. Only difference between OSU and the SEC is the SEC actually faces tough opponents.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• ELWAY421
              Football Immortal
              • Dec 2007

In when did he last win a championship? Was it last year, the year before, or the year before that? Tim Tebow is the reason Florida won a title not Meyers.

Really he suspended a player, that's pretty amazing feat...doesn't diss prove that OSU lacks in academics compared to the rest of the Big Ten and is more close to an SEC style than Big Ten. SEC being schools that don't care about academics as long as they get good players and win games. Character isn't important. Only difference between OSU and the SEC is the SEC actually faces tough opponents.
              So your saying players like Eddie George & Chris Spielman lack character? Yea there are some bad apples, but i think every team has that. Tim Tebow barely played in the game Florida beat Ohio St. Chris Leak was the starter if i remember correctly. Finally it's not Ohio States fault that the rest of Big Ten keeps getting worse and worse that's who we play, yes we need to schedule better out of conference but it will get better. We were supposed to play Vanderbilt this year but they pulled out last minute thats why we had to play Florida A&M.

Comment

• #87Birdman
                The MOD Who Laughs
                • Apr 2011

They are struggling right now they better get it into gear If they want to stay undeafeated

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                  #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                  • Jan 2010

Not looking good. Might've jinxed em there.
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                    #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                    • Jan 2010

Ohhhhhhh. They pulled it out.

You lucky.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• ELWAY421
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      Ohhhhhhh. They pulled it out.

You lucky.
                      We were bigger stronger faster than that team but they out played us. If we play like that down the road we will get beat..... It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Spice 1
                        Football Immortal
                        • Sep 2004

C'mon Insane. Now you're starting to sound like a stereotypical Michigan elitist.

No, I don't think OSU is really much better at all than last year (sry Elway). I think if they played Oregon right now, they'd get destroyed.

To Elway's point though. One thing I did notice that was kind of silly, was the reaction of a few in the media (not gunna name names) right after the Northwestern game. Stanford was being praised for beating Washington by 3, and Ohio State was being hammered for beating Northwestern by essentially 3 points. Of course, the Pac12 is a better conference than the Big10 right now, but there's no need to act like Washington is leagues better than Northwestern. Washington beat Boise State, who lost to Fresno. Please.

Comment

• Spice 1
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          We were bigger stronger faster than that team but they out played us. If we play like that down the road we will get beat..... It's ridiculous.
                          Can't blame the players. Blame Luke Fickell. I mean, wth was he thinking? The main thing Northwestern does (besides the option) is throw five yard comebacks and out routes underneath. Fickells solution is to blitz, and play ten yards off the LOS. The best part was that he kept doing it for the majority of the first half. Not only were guys wide open underneath, but they were breaking tackles and picking up huge chunks of yards. So in the second half, he brings the DBs up and Northwestern's quarterback throws the ball right to the defense. Game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

That, and Miller played like crap in the first half. You see that pass he missed in the endzone? Laughable. I'm not sure how far Miller can take this team being that inconsistent. Not when we're fully aware of what Guiton can do.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            Can't blame the players. Blame Luke Fickell. I mean, wth was he thinking? The main thing Northwestern does (besides the option) is throw five yard comebacks and out routes underneath. Fickells solution is to blitz, and play ten yards off the LOS. The best part was that he kept doing it for the majority of the first half. Not only were guys wide open underneath, but they were breaking tackles and picking up huge chunks of yards. So in the second half, he brings the DBs up and Northwestern's quarterback throws the ball right to the defense. Game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

That, and Miller played like crap in the first half. You see that pass he missed in the endzone? Laughable. I'm not sure how far Miller can take this team being that inconsistent. Not when we're fully aware of what Guiton can do.
                            Miller was throwing lasers against Wisconsin, but i agree if Miller can't be consistent im all for going to Guiton. Meyer was ready to do that in the last game. I just thought we would come & make a statement, i thought we were better. I was wrong.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Ohio st will not play for the national title undefeated or not. They have not looked as impressive as the rest of the top 5.

Winner of Oregon and Stanford will be in the title this year versus either an undefeated Bama or the undefeated winner of Clemson or Florida st. Yes I believe the winner of that game runs the table and looks more impressive along the way than the Buckeyes.

Mark my words and sticky this thread. Ohio st even undefeated will not even play for a national title let alone win it this year. I believe 3 teams at least go undefeated for the final contraversial BCS.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X