• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELWAY421
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I heard that the policy at FSU is that players charged with a felony are suspended immediately. That's the only way I can see it happening. But not only do I highly doubt that charges will be brought up on Winston (if at all) before season's end, I highly doubt the allegations. The timing is all too convenient.
    I know Florida don't have a shot, but crazier stuff has happened. I would guess Alabama & Florida St are going to be playing in the title game.... Sucks for Ohio St though, if they end up winning out & going two straight seasons without a loss, that's pretty impressive...

Comment

• #87Birdman
      The MOD Who Laughs
      • Apr 2011

Congrats I will pay up when I get to a computer plus Alabama loss for you also. Question now is does auburn jump you guys. Which I wouldn't agree with because Ohio state is still undefeated which is impressive.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        Congrats I will pay up when I get to a computer plus Alabama loss for you also. Question now is does auburn jump you guys. Which I wouldn't agree with because Ohio state is still undefeated which is impressive.
        We won't hop them yet. But we could if we beat Mizzou. Unless Mizzou gets upset tonight.

But Wisconsin getting upset today means Ohio st has 0 I repeat 0 wins against the top 25 unless they beat Mich st. Nothing impressive about that at all.

If we beat Mizzou next week instead of South Carolina then beating back to back top 4 teams even with 1 loss to a top 15 LSU is far more impressive than what Ohio st has done.

But now that I'm off my soapbox yes it will be hard for us to get in with all that unless Ohio st loses to Mich st. And a lot of people will be pissed if we hop them despite a far superior strength of schedule. If roles were reversed I would be pissed.

So first things first on my end. Go Mizzou tonight.

Then Ohio st and Auburn both have to take care of business next week. Not an easy task for either of us.

And before I sound like a cocky Bama fan I'll say good luck Elway to your Buckeyes and may the better team play the Noles for all the Roses.
        sigpic

Comment

• KoolBreeze
          Practice Squad
          • Feb 2012

If Auburn beats Missouri next week in the SEC Championship Game, I'll be surprised if they don't jump ahead of Ohio State and end up playing Florida State for the title. Looking at Auburn's schedule versus Ohio State's, there is just no comparison. I know Ohio State can't help who they've played, but it is what it is and Auburn will have beaten 5 ranked teams at that point (Ole Miss #24, Texas A&M #7, Georgia #25, Alabama #1, Missouri probably #4 next week). That's pretty impressive if you ask me and considerably trumps the no loss Buckeyes who haven't played a single ranked team to date.
          Last edited by KoolBreeze; 11-30-2013, 08:51 PM.
          ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

• ELWAY421
            Football Immortal
            • Dec 2007

We may get into the big game!!! Michigan played a good game, we have some stuff to clean up on defense but we can run the ball as well as any team in the country. This team has won 24 straight games. If we beat Michigan St we should get it in......

Comment

• ERoyal248
              All-Pro
              • Aug 2009

Hopefully MSU waxes OSU, FSU would clownstomp OSU.

Easily one of the worst unbeaten teams i've ever seen.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                Football Immortal
                • Dec 2007

There are so many different scenarios that could happpen, but if we beat Mich St & still don't get in that would suck! Either which way I'm still proud of two straight years undefeated.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                  Football Immortal
                  • Dec 2007

Clown stomp? Worst undefeated team you have ever seen? That's why they play the game Mr Royal. Keep on hoping & hating, it still doesn't change the fact that with Urban we are 24-0. Just think some of these players are Tressel's players & when Urban gets more of his own recruits this team will only get better. Urban is one of the best recruiters in the nation & were not going away anytime soon.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                    Football Immortal
                    • Dec 2007

Thanks to denverblood & birdman. Good luck to Auburn as well they are a damn good team. CP for both of you when I get back in town & to my computer, I haven't forgot about you either Royal248,,,,

Comment

• Spice 1
                      Football Immortal
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      We won't hop them yet. But we could if we beat Mizzou. Unless Mizzou gets upset tonight.

But Wisconsin getting upset today means Ohio st has 0 I repeat 0 wins against the top 25 unless they beat Mich st. Nothing impressive about that at all.

If we beat Mizzou next week instead of South Carolina then beating back to back top 4 teams even with 1 loss to a top 15 LSU is far more impressive than what Ohio st has done.

But now that I'm off my soapbox yes it will be hard for us to get in with all that unless Ohio st loses to Mich st. And a lot of people will be pissed if we hop them despite a far superior strength of schedule. If roles were reversed I would be pissed.

So first things first on my end. Go Mizzou tonight.

Then Ohio st and Auburn both have to take care of business next week. Not an easy task for either of us.

And before I sound like a cocky Bama fan I'll say good luck Elway to your Buckeyes and may the better team play the Noles for all the Roses.
                      You're right. Wisconsin losing was horrible for Ohio State. And I have to reluctantly agree with you. If Auburn beats Missouri next week, they should be ranked ahead of Ohio State. The only way I think OSU should stay in front, is if they annihilate MSU. They'll probably stay in front regardless, though. But hey, those are the breaks. I'm up for an early four team play off as much as the next guy. I would rather see OSU earn it by playing Auburn or Alabama first.

Great win, man. This one will last forever. Anytime the Auburn/Alabama rivalry is mentioned, this will be one of the first games that are discussed.

Originally posted by SM19
                      The timing of an investigation that was opened almost a year ago, and is only being moved along now due to persistent inquiries and pressure from the alleged victim? Okay.
                      I wasn't aware that the investigation was opened a year ago, but that probably goes w/o saying.

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Hopefully MSU waxes OSU, FSU would clownstomp OSU.

Easily one of the worst unbeaten teams i've ever seen.
                      Typical.

Comment

• KoolBreeze
                        Practice Squad
                        • Feb 2012

My understanding is that there are 4 computer models that decide the rankings based solely on strength of schedule. Then there are 2 human poles that also get calculated in. If that's true, I don't see how Auburn doesn't leap over Ohio State if they beat Missouri. But I don't know if that's exactly how it works or not.

I wander if both Ohio State & Florida State win if we'd see a Auburn v Alabama championship game. That would be interesting.
                        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

• ERoyal248
                          All-Pro
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Clown stomp? Worst undefeated team you have ever seen? That's why they play the game Mr Royal. Keep on hoping & hating, it still doesn't change the fact that with Urban we are 24-0. Just think some of these players are Tressel's players & when Urban gets more of his own recruits this team will only get better. Urban is one of the best recruiters in the nation & were not going away anytime soon.
                          Obviously not, but still dont think they are all that good imo.

Definately going to be a force for awhile though....

Comment

• Spice 1
                            Football Immortal
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SM19
                            The timing of an investigation that was opened almost a year ago, and is only being moved along now due to persistent inquiries and pressure from the alleged victim? Okay.
                            It would appear that Jameis Winston is being cleared. A lack of evidence necessary to charge Winston was the apparent reason for the investigation's duration. Additionally, it's being reported that she made false statements concerning her BAL and the use of drugs.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                              Football Immortal
                              • Dec 2007

Tomorrow night!!!!!! The Buckeyes win & they should be in... Go Buckeyes!!!! I got to think that Urban will have them ready to play. I have a feeling we blow em out...

Comment

• Spice 1
                                Football Immortal
                                • Sep 2004

Gotta put a whoopin on Sparty today. Roll 'em to the ground Buckeyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X