• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELWAY421
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2007

Heavy Metal Thread

Any metal fans out there? I know it's not the popular thing out there today, but one of the things i love about it is it's huge but yet some people don't know exists. Anyway who are your favorite bands, albums/cds or concert experiences. My favorite metal band of all time is Pantera i seen them live 10 times i miss Dime RIP. I also like bands like devildriver, machinehead, the sword, hatebreed, kingdom of sorrow, down, and old school stuff like coc, coroner, carcass, death, flotsam & jetsam. I do like metallica from kill em all to justice, death magnetic was ok. Anyway lets talk metal......
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 10-08-2013, 08:50 AM.
  • denvercrush81
    Practice Squad
    • Oct 2009

Ive been a metal head my whole life. Im down with all those previously mentioned bands. But my main band right now is Gojira. They are a french band, but are on a whole new level of music. Its not all "kill kill kill" like say cannibal corpse (which i do like). They have what i call the tastiest riffs in metal. Riffs that just reach into you and rip your organs out. lol. Check em out.

I also have my own metal band called "Red Skies Ahead." We are working on our first album right now. You can check us out on all the usual social media sites: Facebook, You Tube, Reverbnation, Myspace, Twitter, yada yada. If you want, i can send out a 4 song Ep that we made earlier this year. the songs will be on the first album, but its crazy expensive to record 12 full length songs. Studio time is MONEY!!!!

If you watch the you tube videos, I am the one with the black Ibanez flying V guitar stage left. Right side from the audience view.

We are local, but are kicking some butt. Let me know what you think!!!!!
    LETS GO GET EM BOYS

Comment

• ELWAY421
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by denvercrush81 View Post
      Ive been a metal head my whole life. Im down with all those previously mentioned bands. But my main band right now is Gojira. They are a french band, but are on a whole new level of music. Its not all "kill kill kill" like say cannibal corpse (which i do like). They have what i call the tastiest riffs in metal. Riffs that just reach into you and rip your organs out. lol. Check em out.

I also have my own metal band called "Red Skies Ahead." We are working on our first album right now. You can check us out on all the usual social media sites: Facebook, You Tube, Reverbnation, Myspace, Twitter, yada yada. If you want, i can send out a 4 song Ep that we made earlier this year. the songs will be on the first album, but its crazy expensive to record 12 full length songs. Studio time is MONEY!!!!

If you watch the you tube videos, I am the one with the black Ibanez flying V guitar stage left. Right side from the audience view.

I know Gojira i have the disc with toxic garbage island good band. I haven't heard any of there new stuff & i will check out your band. Thanks.
      Last edited by ELWAY421; 10-05-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• ELWAY421
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2007

One more thing im not really into the kill kill kill stuff, the bands i listen to talk about everyday day life & that includes bands like Death & Carcass their later stuff lyric wise was about life situations than death and gore.

Comment

• Jermz79
          Starter
          • Jun 2005

Started getting into metal more recently myself, bands like Pantera I've always liked but more recently I've been listening to bands like Battlecross, Lamb of God, Mastadon, Motionless in White
          sigpic

Comment

• Rancid
            Hall of Famer
            • Nov 2009

I am not a huge Metal fan, but I do like Pig Destroyer and have Prowler in the Yard in my CD changer.
            sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
              Family Trust Beer
              • Nov 2006

i am definitely a metal head through and through.

not huge on a lot of the newer metal bands but i do like a few of them. the faceless, whitechapel (some of it), job for a cowboy (some of it), all shall perish, beneath the massacre, just to name a few of the newer bands i like off the top of my head.

as far as old skool metal, its really the stuff i like the most, especially death metal and thrash.

of course we start with the usual suspects that got me hooked onto metal in the first place when i was a young one. slayer, old skool metallica, pantera, megadeth, anthrax.

old skool opeth is one of my favorites right now along with a lot of the old thrash and death metal.

in the last year or so i have seen a few good shows. went to the metal alliance tour and seen job for a cowboy, the faceless, dying fetus, and devildriver. then i seen hatebreed and dying fetus again, went to cannibal corpse for like the 4th time, they are always amazing.

then morbid angel was the last show i went to and that was awesome! i always wanted to see them and never got to until then!! they played almost every good song that i like and sounded great (dying fetus sounds great live as well, another one of my favorites)

it was hilarious when i went to hatebreed and there was a fight in the mosh pit so right after that they played the song smash your enemies

metal is awesome!! \m/
              Last edited by baphamet; 10-06-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Sophia23
                RIP #88
                • Sep 2012

There's not that many cd's that I like every song on the album, but Megadeath's "Countdown to extinction" is one of those... I can only think of two other bands that I liked every tune from, but their not metal. Favorite Megadeath tune isn't from that album.... love "Peace Sells" crank it up every time I it comes on the radio.
                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• ELWAY421
                  Football Immortal
                  • Dec 2007

I checked out one of your RED Skies Ahead Youtube vids. Good stuff man, killer riffs it looked like your other guitar player was playing a Dimebag razorback i could only see the headstock. I play, i have a Esp Ltd, but i don't play no where as good as you guys... I watched the vid in the skatepark i couldn' really hear the singer but the guitar & drum work were great.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                    The Mountaineer
                    • Sep 2006

Ive always been a fan of the old thrash/groove/stoner metal (Pantera, Metallica, Superjoint Ritual, Testament, Megadeth, Machine Head, CoC, Down), Metalcore/Melodic (SOAD, Killswitch, Shadows Fall, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, All That Remains), Traditional (Sabbath & Iron Maiden), some Progressive (Tool), Alt. Metal (Stone Sour) etc.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

• ELWAY421
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2007

Superjoint Ritual, i saw them live a couple of times. Phils solo stuff kinda reminds me of Superjoint. Testament is another great band. Any new bands or records out there that are killer you guys want to mention, I heard the new Carcass was good i havent heard it yet though. The new Sword record is another one i haven't heard or the new Megadeth. I also think Devildriver has a new one thats another amazing band.

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                        The Future is Upon us!!!
                        • Sep 2011

I have been a big time metal fan for a while now. Props to whoever mentioned Gojira before they have been on in my car for last 6 months I got into metal with Pantera, Slipknot (Iowa) and Old School Metallica (this band seriously pisses me off now). I saw Lamb of God last year and was hooked more so than I was before also a big fan of In Flames, Children of Bodom Kill Switch Engaged, and Between the Buried and Me.

sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          i am definitely a metal head through and through.

not huge on a lot of the newer metal bands but i do like a few of them. the faceless, whitechapel (some of it), job for a cowboy (some of it), all shall perish, beneath the massacre, just to name a few of the newer bands i like off the top of my head.

as far as old skool metal, its really the stuff i like the most, especially death metal and thrash.

of course we start with the usual suspects that got me hooked onto metal in the first place when i was a young one. slayer, old skool metallica, pantera, megadeth, anthrax.

old skool opeth is one of my favorites right now along with a lot of the old thrash and death metal.

in the last year or so i have seen a few good shows. went to the metal alliance tour and seen job for a cowboy, the faceless, dying fetus, and devildriver. then i seen hatebreed and dying fetus again, went to cannibal corpse for like the 4th time, they are always amazing.

then morbid angel was the last show i went to and that was awesome! i always wanted to see them and never got to until then!! they played almost every good song that i like and sounded great (dying fetus sounds great live as well, another one of my favorites)

it was hilarious when i went to hatebreed and there was a fight in the mosh pit so right after that they played the song smash your enemies

metal is awesome!! \m/
                          Baph and I were talking about Opeth and Meshuggah one day, so I went back and listened to some of Opeth's old stuff I hadn't really payed attention to. Still Life is probably one of my favorite albums now. Go figure.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2007

Ok let's get everyone's top ten metal albums of all time in no specific order.
                            Down- Nola -speaks for itself
                            Devildriver- last kind words- if you haven't heard it, it's a must
                            Metallica- and justice for all- i know alot of people like puppets, but man the riffs on justice changed the game.
                            Tie Pantera- the great southern trendkill/ far beyond driven- this is when the band was at its peak dimes riffs & phils lyrics wow.
                            Black Sabbath-paranoid the kings that started it all.
                            Megadeth- rust in piece- this was close with countdown but rust edges it out.
                            Death-individual thought patterns- wo RIP chuck & gene hoglans drumming he might be the best.
                            Coroner- grin- how many of you have heard this band? great record.
                            Flotsam & Jetsam- cuatro
                            The Sword- gods of the earth. it's like Sabbath meets some irish celtic conan.
                            Corrosion Of Conformity- Deliverance
                            So many honorable mentions why bother? That wasn't easy. Don't get mad cause no Maiden or Slayer ect.. it was hard.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                              Football Immortal
                              • Dec 2007

Also i can't count lol cause i have 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X