Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1759

some nice music to get you through your Easter Sunday!

Today is a really sad day for me! I woke up to the tragic news that Vinnie Paul Abbott passed away yesterday day in Las Vegas....

As many of you know Pantera meant the world to me and their music always brought me up when I was down!

I was fortunate enough to have watched Pantera live 10 times. I still have a drumstick from Vinnie that he threw out into the crowd at a show in Cincinnati at riverbend.

I always hoped one day that the surviving members of the band would patch things up. Not to play shows, just to be close like they once were. There would've been no replacing Dime anyway.
    Wow, deeply saddened.

Dime & Vinnie back together again!!!

Last edited by ELWAY421; 06-23-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Today is a really sad day for me! I woke up to the tragic news that Vinnie Paul Abbott passed away yesterday day in Las Vegas....

As many of you know Pantera meant the world to me and their music always brought me up when I was down!

I was fortunate enough to have watched Pantera live 10 times. I still have a drumstick from Vinnie that he threw out into the crowd at a show in Cincinnati at riverbend.

I always hoped one day that the surviving members of the band would patch things up. Not to play shows, just to be close like they once were. There would've been no replacing Dime anyway.
    Wow, deeply saddened.

You know what's crazy, is I was listening to Pantera for the first time in like 6 months the day before he died. I know what you're going through. Warrel Dane basically drank himself to death at the end of last year, and I'm still pissed off about it. Lyrically, that guy had a huge impact on my life. It was like losing a close friend. Being as big of a Pantera fan as I know you are, I'm sure this sucks about as bad as Dime passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You know what's crazy, is I was listening to Pantera for the first time in like 6 months the day before he died. I know what you're going through. Warrel Dane basically drank himself to death at the end of last year, and I'm still pissed off about it. Lyrically, that guy had a huge impact on my life. It was like losing a close friend. Being as big of a Pantera fan as I know you are, I'm sure this sucks about as bad as Dime passing.
    Yeah, it's a huge bummer. I suspect drinking played a part in Vinnie's passing as well. Speculation of a massive heart attack while he was sleeping. But, we all know what a hard partying band Pantera was and Vinnie kept with the drinking. Vodka was his drink of choice from what I read. He gave up on those black tooth grins and moved to vodka.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Yeah, it's a huge bummer. I suspect drinking played a part in Vinnie's passing as well. Speculation of a massive heart attack while he was sleeping. But, we all know what a hard partying band Pantera was and Vinnie kept with the drinking. Vodka was his drink of choice from what I read. He gave up on those black tooth grins and moved to vodka.
    To watch these artists evolve is a human study. Especially for singers. As they age, you see the influence of drugs in their lyrics change depending on what drug they are on. You see their social, political, and philosophical views change. I know Pantera partied a lot. I've seen all of those vids, and I saw how that fame and lifestyle reflected musically.

Dane talked a lot about narcotics in a condemning way, but increasingly more justifying way as time went on. He always had a drinking problem, and made statements a few years ago that he was trying to cut back. In the interviews leading up to his death, he looked bad, and was plastered on one occasion. He always combined topics like religion and politics in cynical ways, but preached hope and enlightenment. Reading his lyrics on Nevermore's last album, I think he finally found true enlightenment. On his solo album, I think he finally found closure. Then, his last album with Sanctuary was sort of odd to me, in that he reverted back to an indifferent state of mind that began to drive his lyrics in the mid 2000's. Full circle. Then he was gone.

I'm glad Vinnie found something after his brother's passing. Hell Yeah gave me You Wouldn't Know, which is a song I put up there with my favs from Pantera. Not as good musically, but its been a go to for me since it came out.

Last edited by Spice 1; 06-25-2018 at 09:14 AM.

[QUOTE=ELWAY421;5710668]Today is a really sad day for me! I woke up to the tragic news that Vinnie Paul Abbott passed away yesterday day in Las Vegas....

Wow, deeply saddened.

I felt the same way when Randy Rhoads passed. Sabbath got me into metal, Randy Rhoads made me fall in love with metal. Over 35 years later it still hurts! Anyway this is for you ELWAY421. One of my favorite Pantera songs off my favorite Pantera album. Hopefully this song helps lift your spirits God bless
    Last edited by Assassin27; 07-01-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

I know i'm late to the party........i kind of feel bad about talking trash on HELLYEAH now. at least i got to hear VP's thunderous drumming live one last time a couple years ago.

RIP.....ive already smoked quite a few J's in his memory, about to smoke another one!

Hatebreed, Devildriver, Corrosion Of Conformity, Suicidal Tendencies, Black Label Society Sunday!!!!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

The show was amazing! It was so hot. Corrosion, Hatebreed & Devildriver all crushed it!

The show was amazing! It was so hot. Corrosion, Hatebreed & Devildriver all crushed it!
    nice dude, i'm going to lamb of god and napalm death next month, can't wait! haven't seen either one of those bands and ive liked napalm death since the early 90's!

I just wanted to prove i didn't die haha. Took a long hiatus from posting. (mostly cause work got crazy and i just didn't make time). I have been jamming on this song a lot lately...

Itís not as hard core metal as you guys like but Iíve been major into Dance Gavin Dance for the last two weeks. Screamo band but a very interesting mix with what would probably be if considered a very poppy style rock. Itís about 50-50 between the two with one singer always screaming and the other sounding like he would be from a boy band. I love it though.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I just wanted to prove i didn't die haha. Took a long hiatus from posting. (mostly cause work got crazy and i just didn't make time). I have been jamming on this song a lot lately...

I knew you weren't dead, man, but I was starting to wonder if you weren't branching out to like House/Dubstep Fusion or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Itís not as hard core metal as you guys like but Iíve been major into Dance Gavin Dance for the last two weeks. Screamo band but a very interesting mix with what would probably be if considered a very poppy style rock. Itís about 50-50 between the two with one singer always screaming and the other sounding like he would be from a boy band. I love it though.
    Nothing wrong with that. Burton C. Bell, my favorite vocalist of all time was a pioneer in mixing growls and clean vocals. There are a lot of incredible singers who do it, and it's by far my favorite vocal style. Mikael Akerfeldt, most famously. Mikko Kotamaki is another one I really like. In the early days, it was common for bands to have two singers that did one of each, like what you're talking about. Might want to check Mushroomhead's old stuff out, if you haven't heard of 'em. Their newer stuff is kind of lame.