Lol
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post

Hey man!?!?

I dig clean vocals too....

Lol
    Right on...

Black Sabbath isn't Black Sabbath without Ozzy. Dio was awesome but it's not Black Sabbath...
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Black Sabbath isn't Black Sabbath without Ozzy. Dio was awesome but it's not Black Sabbath...
    Just different. Still really good. That's like not listening to Death w/o Hoglan, or Megadeth w/o Friedman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Just different. Still really good. That's like not listening to Death w/o Hoglan, or Megadeth w/o Friedman.
    Am I misunderstanding or are you comparing Sabbath without ozzy to Megadeth without Marty, and Death without Gene?

It'd be more like taking Dave out of Megadeth and still calling it Megadeth.

I know years back they did change the name, and toured with ronnie which is my point. They should've done that to begin with. You can't replace Robert Plant and still call it Zeppelin.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 07-31-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Am I misunderstanding or are you comparing Sabbath without ozzy to Megadeth without Marty, and Death without Gene?

It'd be more like taking Dave out of Megadeth and still calling it Megadeth.
    It actually wouldn't bro, because Mustaine controlled Megadeth's musical direction with an iron fist, while also kinda doing that guitar thing as the front man. Ozzy was the front man vocalist of Sabbath's iconic sound, while Mustaine IS Megadeth. Friedman and Hoglan were part of the iconic sound of their respective bands, and while they were different without them, they were still really good.

I know years back they did change the name, and toured with ronnie which is my point. They should've done that to begin with. You can't replace Robert Plant and still call it Zeppelin.
    That's what bands do, though. I mean, Metallica went to crap w/o Burton around, but they weren't about to start calling themselves Jamie Het and the Sellouts.

Tony Iommi could've probably argued that he was as much a part of Sabbath's sound as Osbourne was, if not more.

It actually wouldn't bro, because Mustaine controlled Megadeth's musical direction with an iron fist, while also kinda doing that guitar thing as the front man. Ozzy was the front man vocalist of Sabbath's iconic sound, while Mustaine IS Megadeth. Friedman and Hoglan were part of the iconic sound of their respective bands, and while they were different without them, they were still really good.
    I disagree. Marty wasn't on the first few Megadeth records and Peace Sells is a stellar record. Megadeth already had their sound beforehand Marty just added to it. Death was headed in that direction with Spiritual Healing which was a good record and that was pre Hoglan. Sabbath with Ozzy are the forefathers of the genre not comparable at all imo

I know plenty of people who prefer Dio as a singer/songwriter but it's been established just by the legend in the metal community that black Sabbath is Bill, Geezer, Tony, and Ozzy. The former 3 with Dio aren't black sabbath. That's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 07-31-2018 at 10:32 AM.

I disagree. Marty wasn't on the first few Megadeth records and Peace Sells is a stellar record. Megadeth already had their sound beforehand Marty just added to it. Death was headed in that direction with Spiritual Healing which was a good record and that was pre Hoglan. Sabbath with Ozzy are the forefathers of the genre not comparable at all imo
    That's true, and Peace Sells is actually my favorite Megadeth album. That's kind of my point. When most people think of those bands, they go right to the albums those guys were on, but that doesn't mean they didn't produce great albums without them. Heaven and Hell is probably top 100 or top 50 all time, and it stands on its own. I get what you're saying about Death and Megadeth having an established sound, but I'd say Sabbath with Dio sounded more like old Sabbath than Ozzy with Rhoads did.

That's true, and Peace Sells is actually my favorite Megadeth album. That's kind of my point. When most people think of those bands, they go right to the albums those guys were on, but that doesn't mean they didn't produce great albums without them. Heaven and Hell is probably top 100 or top 50 all time, and it stands on its own. I get what you're saying about Death and Megadeth having an established sound, but I'd say Sabbath with Dio sounded more like old Sabbath than Ozzy with Rhoads did.
    I agree that dio with Sabbath sounded more like Sabbath than Ozzy with Randy but ozzy wasn't calling it black Sabbath lol.

So is it safe then to say Michael Jackson without Eddie Van Halen isn't Michael Jackson? I'm trolling you now, but I get what you're saying. I'm just not gunna be like, "Bah! Slayer without Hanneman and Lombardo. Won't listen or go to show!"

I agree that dio with Sabbath sounded more like Sabbath than Ozzy with Randy but ozzy wasn't calling it black Sabbath lol.
    lol. Why would he, though? Rhoads was basically thrash metal. Outside the fact that Ozzy didn't have the rights, of course.

So is it safe then to say Michael Jackson without Eddie Van Halen isn't Michael Jackson? I'm trolling you now, but I get what you're saying. I'm just not gunna be like, "Bah! Slayer without Hanneman and Lombardo. Won't listen or go to show!"

lol. Why would he, though? Rhoads was basically thrash metal. Outside the fact that Ozzy didn't have the rights, of course.
    I didn't say I wouldn't listen or go to a show. You should've just posted it under it's correct name. Which is Heaven & Hell. Not Black Sabbath.

You need a 101 in metal, back to the basics for you spice lol. You give Ozzy no credit I can clearly see that. You're a Ozzy hater is what you are!!! Lol

Also Randy was more of a classical music guitarist than thrash....

And..... I'll tell you you another thing!!!! Lol, that damn Zakk Wylde don't get the credit he deserves either!! Everytime I start talking about boxing someone gotta bring rocky Marciano out they........ Joe Louis was 176 years old when they fought lol.