Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

End game is more like they were trying to get back to their roots.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Dread it.Run from it.

Dread it.Run from it.

Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    That was back when Dave was on the good drugs. Dude realized he was killing himself and converted to Christianity. He hasn't been the same since, lol. That, and when Friedman left the band, it was pretty much a death knell. Even though Friedman wasn't on this album.

I still wonder what might have been if Loomis joined the band instead of Friedman. How differently things would have turned out. No Nevermore, but Megadeth would have destroyed anything Metallica did from there on out. I think Dave's ego had a lot to do with it.

I posted this here once before, but it never gets old for me. WARNING: This has been known to melt hard drives in the past.

This dude can play man.......
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    This dude can play man.......
    He auditioned for Megadeth back in the day. Mustaine said he didn't get the gig, because he was only 17 at the time. I think it had more to do with Marty's style being a better fit, because Loomis wasn't the composer he would eventually become. That, and Dave was so hard headed.

I think you're right about Endgame. Seems like they were gradually working their way back to their earlier stuff.

https://myspace.com/growingcoldmusic/music/songs

Here is a local band here where I live (Growing Cold), I know a couple of the guys pretty well. They are the real deal. The lead guitar player has the tools to play with any of our favorite bands. Check out the solo on the song Year of our Lord= Awesome .
    Dread it.Run from it.

Here is a video of Chris (Growing Cold) he is good man....
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    https://myspace.com/growingcoldmusic/music/songs

Here is a local band here where I live (Growing Cold), I know a couple of the guys pretty well. They are the real deal. The lead guitar player has the tools to play with any of our favorite bands. Check out the solo on the song Year of our Lord= Awesome .
    Oh God yes, dude can rip it. CP when I reload.

Do I detect a Slayer influence? Particularly in the vocals?

Yeah, these guys are legit. I think I'll be hearing more of this down the line. Thx.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-14-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Oh God yes, dude can rip it. CP when I reload.

Do I detect a Slayer influence? Particularly in the vocals?

Yeah, these guys are legit. I think I'll be hearing more of this down the line. Thx.
    Man when I was younger they were in many bands, Busted Wig, THC (Time Has Come), Hostile Environment & then Growing cold. To answer your question these were all different sounding bands & think these guys have so many influences. So I would have to say they are influenced by Metal & Hardcore which covers a lot.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Dread it.Run from it.

Dread it.Run from it.

i am sure most of you have seen this but if you have not, there you go. i remember i had this bad boy on VHS back in the day, i would watch it all the time while me and my friends would hang out in my room.

good memories.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

i am sure most of you have seen this but if you have not, there you go. i remember i had this bad boy on VHS back in the day, i would watch it all the time while me and my friends would hang out in my room.

good memories.
    Wow, haven't seen that in years. I still think Metallica would've stayed true to themselves into the 90's if Cliff hadn't died. It's hard to say though, with Lars being such a tool, Kirk somewhat returning to his blues roots, and James wanting to sing country songs for crying out loud.

Hetfield could really write back in the day... Justice for All and Eye of the Beholder are still two of the most well written metal songs, lyrically.

Metallica Kill Em All To Justice Priceless, man they really let me down with the Load & Re Load crap. Pantera is my favorite band of all time. I remember the moment I heard Cowboys From Hell & the thing about Pantera was they got heavier with every record. Pantera did the opposite of what Mettalica did. I know the early days of Pantera were Glammish, but I didn't discover Pantera during the Metal Magic or the Power Metal days. Dime & Cliff = Metal Legends....
    Dread it.Run from it.