Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Throwdown

Devildriver

Drag The Waters

The Sword

i am surprised nobody has reign in blood on their list, easily a top 5 best metal album of all time IMO

i guess i will take a shot at this.

1. and justice for all, metallica (i could put 2-3 metallica albums in my top 10 i think, but that is just beause of the infuence they had on me when i first got into metal)

2. cowboys from hell, pantera (i could put vulgar display of power on this list as well)

3. reign in blood, slayer

4. peace sells, but who's buying?, megadeth (rust in peace is worthy of list list as well)

5. among the living, Anthrax (just my opinion, i know some would disagree)

6. morningrise, opeth (another "just my opinion" selection that i know many would disagree with)

7. arise, sepultura

8. paranoid, black sabbath

9. number of the beast, iron maiden

10 british steel, judas priest

idk, that was just off the top of my head. i think this would be a lot better if it was broken down into sub-genre's IMO

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

anyone like job for a cowboy? if so you will like this....

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i am surprised nobody has reign in blood on their list, easily a top 5 best metal album of all time IMO

1. and justice for all, metallica (i could put 2-3 metallica albums in my top 10 i think, but that is just beause of the infuence they had on me when i first got into metal)

2. cowboys from hell, pantera (i could put vulgar display of power on this list as well)

4. peace sells, but who's buying?, megadeth (rust in peace is worthy of list list as well)

6. morningrise, opeth (another "just my opinion" selection that i know many would disagree with)

7. arise, sepultura

idk, that was just off the top of my head. i think this would be a lot better if it was broken down into sub-genre's IMO
    Nice list. Man i always liked Seasons In The Abyss more than RIB, but it's close.

Classic Down

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

7. arise, sepultura

I like your list. To be honest I misread what he was asking. I listed my 10 favorite metal albums but not necessarily the ones I think are "best" which in all honesty are very different things. Reign in Blood would definitely be on my best metal albums list. I think a list of the best albums in any genre should help define or change that genre.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I like your list. To be honest I misread what he was asking. I listed my 10 favorite metal albums but not necessarily the ones I think are "best" which in all honesty are very different things. Reign in Blood would definitely be on my best metal albums list. I think a list of the best albums in any genre should help define or change that genre.
    You guys can post it how you want, by your favorites, by genre, by what you think, i just enjoy talking metal. Slayer to me has a couple of records better than Rib. South Of Heaven & Seasons In The Abyss. I wanted to change my list as soon as i posted it, how could i forget The Blackening by Machine Head that's why it was so hard. Spread the word & keep this thread alive..... I'm just getting started we can talk top bands list, best shows you have seen.

Top 20 metal bands of all time

1) PANTERA
    2) Black Sabbath
    3) Mettallica
    4) Megadeth
    5) Slayer
    6) Led Zepplin
    7) AC/DC
    8) Anthrax
    9) Iron Maiden
    10) Down
    11) Sepultura
    12) Machine Head
    13) Death
    14) Testament
    15) Carcass
    16) Hatebreed
    17) Lamb Of God
    18) Corrosion Of Conformity
    19) Alice In Chains
    20) Mastodon

This list is for your favorites the way you think it should look, hard rock to death metal.

My top 20 (Which by no means are the best ever) but I basically made it from what I am most likely listening to if someone just took my headphones from me.

1. Pantera
    2. Old Metallica
    3. Opeth
    4. Slipknot
    5. Arch Enemy
    6. Children of Bodom
    7. InFlames
    8 Five Finger Death Punch
    9. Gojira
    10. Disturbed
    11. Slayer
    12. Hatebreed
    13. Kingdom of Sorrow
    14. Between the Buried and Me
    15. AC/DC
    16. Sabbath
    17. Zepplin
    18. Shadows Fall
    19. Maximum the Hormone (Japanese and I love them)
    20. Silent Civilian

Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 10-10-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added maximum the hormone video

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    You guys can post it how you want, by your favorites, by genre, by what you think, i just enjoy talking metal. Slayer to me has a couple of records better than Rib. South Of Heaven & Seasons In The Abyss. I wanted to change my list as soon as i posted it, how could i forget The Blackening by Machine Head that's why it was so hard. Spread the word & keep this thread alive..... I'm just getting started we can talk top bands list, best shows you have seen.
    From a technical standpoint, Blackening is easily Machine Head's best. I like the song writing a little better in Unto the Locust though. Some would probably argue that Burn my Eyes is still their best work, and if you think about that album in relation to the genre back then, it's hard to argue against it. I'm with you on South of Heaven, too. That album never gets old for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I checked out one of your RED Skies Ahead Youtube vids. Good stuff man, killer riffs it looked like your other guitar player was playing a Dimebag razorback i could only see the headstock. I play, i have a Esp Ltd, but i don't play no where as good as you guys... I watched the vid in the skatepark i couldn' really hear the singer but the guitar & drum work were great.

Thanks man, i appreciate that. We sound alot better live if you are there. lol. Our videos are something that is not our strong point......that skatepark show was good and fun, but the video was terrible!!! Singer was totally not even heard.

The Dime guitar is the original series by dean. That was before dime really started endorsing that shape and you started seeing it everywhere with all of his custom designs. That guitar, however old, still sounds good. He has an Ibanez prestige and NEVER plays it. I dont even know why he spent so much money on it. He just loves the Dean too much.

We are gonna play the S.C.U.M fest this weekend. (South Carolina Underground Metal) in Spartanburg Sc. Two stages, 20 bands, beer, metal......ahhhhhh its gonna be cool. You should drive down from ohio...lol
    LETS GO GET EM BOYS