Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Blue print on the Broncos

!.Play them at your home stadium.

2. have your QB have a career day while also setting franchise records.

3. score more than 48 points

that is all you have to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

4. Hope they don't show up to the game.

The 2006 Colts D were the 2nd worst team on the road after of course the Browns and they won a SB. We hopefully wont lose Ayers Harris and Woodyard for an entire game again. We probably will improve a pass rush with Miller as even baph believes and wont allow as many long passing yards

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

That's all you have to do to still lose lol
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

The only way to have a shot at beating the Broncos, when the d is healthy and your QB doesn't have a career day, is to do exactly what teams used to do to Indy.

Be physical with the WR's and interior OL. Knock the receivers off their routes as soon as the ball is snapped, while not a guaranteed success, it has proven to slow Manning and Co down in the past. Knocking the Guards and Center back into Mannings bubble has always been effective. A rush off the edge is great, but still allows him to step up, an interior rush is much more important.

On offense, you have to run the ball and control the ball. As great as Dallas played, they weren't going to win a shootout. You have to control the ball.

And you have to do all three of those things to give yourself a chance.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    The only way to have a shot at beating the Broncos, when the d is healthy and your QB doesn't have a career day, is to do exactly what teams used to do to Indy.

Be physical with the WR's and interior OL. Knock the receivers off their routes as soon as the ball is snapped, while not a guaranteed success, it has proven to slow Manning and Co down in the past. Knocking the Guards and Center back into Mannings bubble has always been effective. A rush off the edge is great, but still allows him to step up, an interior rush is much more important.

On offense, you have to run the ball and control the ball. As great as Dallas played, they weren't going to win a shootout. You have to control the ball.

Welcome back long time no see. There are 3 Teams that I would worry about with Manning not having more then a 7 point lead going into the half that we play: The Skins the Colts and yes the Chiefs

These are the only teams that have the D that have the ability to contain us but thats easier said then done, and the O to possibly keep up. Only GB Seattle and Washington have a better 2nd half offense then Dallas who is a team with a lot of talent but rarely uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Welcome back long time no see. There are 3 Teams that I would worry about with Manning not having more then a 7 point lead going into the half that we play: The Skins the Colts and yes the Chiefs

These are the only teams that have the D that have the ability to contain us but thats easier said then done, and the O to possibly keep up. Only GB Seattle and Washington have a better 2nd half offense then Dallas who is a team with a lot of talent but rarely uses it.
    Thank you, its hard to find time to do much posting anymore although I lurk from time to time.

The Colts are a scary team the way they play, for everyone. The Redskins, IMO, are in for a horrid year. They could barely beat Oakland without DMC and even Reese going down. Sure their offense can turn it on, but it's been vastly overrated in the 2nd half by being blown out. Granted, all that changes if RG3 can get the confidence to plant his lead leg in traffic and really throw the ball. I can definitely see GB getting into a Dallas-esque shootout with Denver, but I trust Manning more than Rodgers. Seattle or NO appear to be the NFC SB favorite and both could give Denver trouble due to capable defenses and offenses that can control the ball and make big plays.

As much as I'd like to come in and toot the Chiefs horn as a team to beat Denver, I don't have faith that Andy Reid and Pederson can call the right kind of game. We have the defense (arguably the best in the league) to do what a D needs to do. We bring great pressure off the edge and our interior DL has been monstrous with Poe and Tyson Jackson. We collapse a pocket as good as any other team. We have a ILB that makes plays everywhere, but especially on a blitz and dropping into coverage. Our corners specialize in press coverage, Sean Smith is athletic enough to match up with the big fast guys and knock them off routes. Flowers does great against any receiver sub 6'4". And Cooper (a rookie) has looked great as nickel back so far. Eric Berry has been a ball hawk and a run stuffer, plus he has shut down TE's all year. On paper, we play and have the best defense to face a Peyton Manning team, and I do believe we at least slow them down.

The issue is our offensive play calling. We don't run Charles (or Kniles Davis) near enough early in the game. We spend the first half playing like we have McNabb and Duece Staley instead of Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. We settle down in the second half, usually with a lead, and drive right down the field moving the chains with big runs and third down throws just like we should from the first whistle. If we fed Charles early (and Kniles Davis to give Charles a break) and kept Smith from throwing 39 passes in a game, we could very well be a team, or even the team, to challenge Denver. I just don't think Reid and or Pederson have the mentality to do so. We have a good shot to take a game from Denver, most likely the one in Arrowhead because that place has been rockin this year, but unless we change our mindset, I dont see us giving Denver too much of a scare on the road.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

You might wanna edit that, because those 3 rules didn't help the Cowboys win.

oh BTW bribeing the Refs arn't going to help too, ask the NY Giants

A lot of people are saying KC will be the team to give Denver there first loss. I don't see them coming into Denver and winning but the game in KC will be a very tough game for the Broncos. KC is maybe only to Seattle the toughest place to play in the NFL.
    As far as getting physical with Denver's receivers, Peyton had Wayne (6'0 200) Stokely (5'10 190) and Harrison (5'11 190).
    Decker and D.Thomas are both big (6'3" 220) and Welker (5'9" 185) is physical for a slot receiver. And Julius Thomas is a big TE (6'5" 250) getting physical with these receivers is a gamble cause both DT and Deck will burn you if they get free.
    INDY is a lot like Dallas and that will be a big test along with the games vs KC, and New England.

[IMG][/IMG]
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I've had harder times scoring with Bo Jackson on the easy level in Tecmo Bowl than these Broncos.

One thing about this team is that as soon as you score on them, they hit a big play for like 40-50 yards to get to the red zone and they're in the end zone in less than two minutes. It's arcade-ish.

Even though the Chargers lost yesterday ( ) I am not counting them out at home because Rivers could have that one monster game and their defense could be fired up (at least for the first half) but now it's looking less likely. I won't count out both Chiefs games. And just because of their aura, I am not counting out the New England game.

Kinda feels good to have two 5-0 teams in this division after the abuse the division as a whole has taken the last some odd years.

Don't pull a 'Romo' late in the 4th after a near perfect day?
    The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Thank you, its hard to find time to do much posting anymore although I lurk from time to time.

The Colts are a scary team the way they play, for everyone. The Redskins, IMO, are in for a horrid year. They could barely beat Oakland without DMC and even Reese going down. Sure their offense can turn it on, but it's been vastly overrated in the 2nd half by being blown out. Granted, all that changes if RG3 can get the confidence to plant his lead leg in traffic and really throw the ball. I can definitely see GB getting into a Dallas-esque shootout with Denver, but I trust Manning more than Rodgers. Seattle or NO appear to be the NFC SB favorite and both could give Denver trouble due to capable defenses and offenses that can control the ball and make big plays.

As much as I'd like to come in and toot the Chiefs horn as a team to beat Denver, I don't have faith that Andy Reid and Pederson can call the right kind of game. We have the defense (arguably the best in the league) to do what a D needs to do. We bring great pressure off the edge and our interior DL has been monstrous with Poe and Tyson Jackson. We collapse a pocket as good as any other team. We have a ILB that makes plays everywhere, but especially on a blitz and dropping into coverage. Our corners specialize in press coverage, Sean Smith is athletic enough to match up with the big fast guys and knock them off routes. Flowers does great against any receiver sub 6'4". And Cooper (a rookie) has looked great as nickel back so far. Eric Berry has been a ball hawk and a run stuffer, plus he has shut down TE's all year. On paper, we play and have the best defense to face a Peyton Manning team, and I do believe we at least slow them down.

The issue is our offensive play calling. We don't run Charles (or Kniles Davis) near enough early in the game. We spend the first half playing like we have McNabb and Duece Staley instead of Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. We settle down in the second half, usually with a lead, and drive right down the field moving the chains with big runs and third down throws just like we should from the first whistle. If we fed Charles early (and Kniles Davis to give Charles a break) and kept Smith from throwing 39 passes in a game, we could very well be a team, or even the team, to challenge Denver. I just don't think Reid and or Pederson have the mentality to do so. We have a good shot to take a game from Denver, most likely the one in Arrowhead because that place has been rockin this year, but unless we change our mindset, I dont see us giving Denver too much of a scare on the road.
    KC on paper might matchup but their offense isn't that great, in terms of passing.

They scored 19 points offensively, and probably lose if not for that fluky punt that falls into the end zone.

The game in Arrowhead may be close, and if you wanna use the crowd, they were up 10-7 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd vs the Giants.

They'll have to beat him in a shoot out in Denver.

Regards to the pass rush, if Clark can handle DWare, no reason he can't do the same vs Houston or Hali.

Interior pressure is still the best way to beat or fluster him. So Poe or TJax would need a big game.

Said before, just don't know if they have the offense to keep pace.

Defense while good let up some big plays vs the Titans with a backup QB.

Thats the regular season blue print.

Now, the Playoff Blue print:

1. Play the #1 seeded Broncos at home in their stadium after a bye

2. Come in as the underdog seeded team

3. Watch the #1 seeded team and their #1 rated QB choke getting knocked out

Thats all you have to do!

Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    A lot of people are saying KC will be the team to give Denver there first loss. I don't see them coming into Denver and winning but the game in KC will be a very tough game for the Broncos. KC is maybe only to Seattle the toughest place to play in the NFL.
    As far as getting physical with Denver's receivers, Peyton had Wayne (6'0 200) Stokely (5'10 190) and Harrison (5'11 190).
    Decker and D.Thomas are both big (6'3" 220) and Welker (5'9" 185) is physical for a slot receiver. And Julius Thomas is a big TE (6'5" 250) getting physical with these receivers is a gamble cause both DT and Deck will burn you if they get free.
    INDY is a lot like Dallas and that will be a big test along with the games vs KC, and New England.
    I agree with this. For a 6' CB, getting physical with a 6' receiver is possible, but unless you have CB's that go 6'-3"& 220-lbs all the manhandling will be from the offense.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif