Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    The only way to have a shot at beating the Broncos, when the d is healthy and your QB doesn't have a career day, is to do exactly what teams used to do to Indy.

Be physical with the WR's and interior OL. Knock the receivers off their routes as soon as the ball is snapped, while not a guaranteed success, it has proven to slow Manning and Co down in the past. Knocking the Guards and Center back into Mannings bubble has always been effective. A rush off the edge is great, but still allows him to step up, an interior rush is much more important.

On offense, you have to run the ball and control the ball. As great as Dallas played, they weren't going to win a shootout. You have to control the ball.

And you have to do all three of those things to give yourself a chance.
    The problem is going to be, the Chiefs don't stop the run, and the Broncos run it much better than people seem to believe, and your O-line can't block Von Miller...and the bottom line is, you just can't score enough,

The Chiefs better hope for minus 10 and a frozen football, that's the only chance you have in KC, because you can forget winning in Denver

Our strength as a defense is stopping the run, as the Eagles and Shady McCoy found out. Our weakness on defense is to a high powered passing team with a dangerous QB, and that is not the Chiefs

Thank you, its hard to find time to do much posting anymore although I lurk from time to time.

The Colts are a scary team the way they play, for everyone. The Redskins, IMO, are in for a horrid year. They could barely beat Oakland without DMC and even Reese going down. Sure their offense can turn it on, but it's been vastly overrated in the 2nd half by being blown out. Granted, all that changes if RG3 can get the confidence to plant his lead leg in traffic and really throw the ball. I can definitely see GB getting into a Dallas-esque shootout with Denver, but I trust Manning more than Rodgers. Seattle or NO appear to be the NFC SB favorite and both could give Denver trouble due to capable defenses and offenses that can control the ball and make big plays.

As much as I'd like to come in and toot the Chiefs horn as a team to beat Denver, I don't have faith that Andy Reid and Pederson can call the right kind of game. We have the defense (arguably the best in the league) to do what a D needs to do. We bring great pressure off the edge and our interior DL has been monstrous with Poe and Tyson Jackson. We collapse a pocket as good as any other team. We have a ILB that makes plays everywhere, but especially on a blitz and dropping into coverage. Our corners specialize in press coverage, Sean Smith is athletic enough to match up with the big fast guys and knock them off routes. Flowers does great against any receiver sub 6'4". And Cooper (a rookie) has looked great as nickel back so far. Eric Berry has been a ball hawk and a run stuffer, plus he has shut down TE's all year. On paper, we play and have the best defense to face a Peyton Manning team, and I do believe we at least slow them down.

The issue is our offensive play calling. We don't run Charles (or Kniles Davis) near enough early in the game. We spend the first half playing like we have McNabb and Duece Staley instead of Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. We settle down in the second half, usually with a lead, and drive right down the field moving the chains with big runs and third down throws just like we should from the first whistle. If we fed Charles early (and Kniles Davis to give Charles a break) and kept Smith from throwing 39 passes in a game, we could very well be a team, or even the team, to challenge Denver. I just don't think Reid and or Pederson have the mentality to do so. We have a good shot to take a game from Denver, most likely the one in Arrowhead because that place has been rockin this year, but unless we change our mindset, I dont see us giving Denver too much of a scare on the road.
    I actually think the Colts have a better shot then the Chiefs. As for Washington I think they have potential to become a dangerous team down the road and a possible trap game. If we lose a game to a completely inferior opponent they would like be it

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Thats the regular season blue print.

Now, the Playoff Blue print:

1. Play the #1 seeded Broncos at home in their stadium after a bye

2. Come in as the underdog seeded team

3. Watch the #1 seeded team and their #1 rated QB choke getting knocked out

Thats all you have to do!

And the blue print for beating the chargers in the playoffs is wait 20 years for them to make it back in and watch them do nothing as usual. It was Mannings first year on a new team and well lets be honest their were some tricky calls that made little sense. If it happens again this year then you can talk but since its rare for a QB in his first year with a new team to make the playoffs (that includes vets) its not an accurate assumption of what could happen

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Thats the regular season blue print.

Now, the Playoff Blue print:

1. Play the #1 seeded Broncos at home in their stadium after a bye

2. Come in as the underdog seeded team

3. Watch the #1 seeded team and their #1 rated QB choke getting knocked out

Thats all you have to do!

Chargers blueprint play against Cutler or Orton.
    Manning and Tebow 3-0!
    No playoff blueprint cause the chargers are not a playoff team!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    !.Play them at your home stadium.

2. have your QB have a career day while also setting franchise records.

3. score more than 48 points

that is all you have to do!
    Unfortunately I've seen some that have tried to argue this as a legitimate "blue print". You simply have to laugh at the stupidity of some.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    The problem is going to be, the Chiefs don't stop the run, and the Broncos run it much better than people seem to believe, and your O-line can't block Von Miller...and the bottom line is, you just can't score enough,

The Chiefs better hope for minus 10 and a frozen football, that's the only chance you have in KC, because you can forget winning in Denver

Our strength as a defense is stopping the run, as the Eagles and Shady McCoy found out. Our weakness on defense is to a high powered passing team with a dangerous QB, and that is not the Chiefs
    I disagree, but to each their own. Denver has not faced a power running team and the Eagles did not get a chance to get into a rhythm running. The Chiefs could easily face the same fate, but our defense can also keep us in the game longer.

Also on another note, anyone that has watched Flowers would not think he is outmatched with Decker. Maybe a more physical WR but not Decker.
    Last edited by GridironChamp; 10-08-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

And i disagree.....we have not only shut down mccoy....but rice and im pretty sure the ravens are not a finese team....dallas is also a power running team

when the broncos and chiefs meet...champ should be back...and von increases the pressure on the qb ....smith wont be back there for 7-8 seconds looking for a open receiver like romo did

I disagree, but to each their own. Denver has not faced a power running team and the Eagles did not get a chance to get into a rhythm running. The Chiefs could easily face the same fate, but our defense can also keep us in the game longer.

Also on another note, anyone that has watched Flowers would not think he is outmatched with Decker. Maybe a more physical WR but not Decker.
    Decker got 7 receptions against KC last year

Ravens with Rice/Pierce.

Eagles with McCoy.

This is without Von who makes the defense that much better.

KC is gonna have to beat us through the air to win, period.

Defense is good but a little overhyped by the media..

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    And i disagree.....we have not only shut down mccoy....but rice and im pretty sure the ravens are not a finese team....dallas is also a power running team

when the broncos and chiefs meet...champ should be back...and von increases the pressure on the qb ....smith wont be back there for 7-8 seconds looking for a open receiver like romo did
    I have zero doubt that the Broncos defense will make it hard for KC to move the ball, especially through the air. I'm reserving judgement on their run defense for when a team gets to try and pound it (easier said than done).

Ray Rice was doing so-so before their LT went down, and it's not as if Rice and the Baltimore run game has been on it's A game so far this year.

Murray, again, was having success against Denver until they rode Romo in a hot game. And, you can't compare the Cowboys running style to the Chiefs, it's not even close.

I am not saying KC will run wild on Denver, but I'm also not ruling it out. I think we have a better shot than anyone else (besides Seattle) to follow the game plan that is best suited against Manning and Denver.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Decker got 7 receptions against KC last year
    Flowers was hurt the majority of last year playing over two thirds of the season injured, and he was on DT most of both of the matchups in which I believe he is greatly outmatched by speed and size.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Ravens with Rice/Pierce.

Eagles with McCoy.

The Ravens run game this year has been a shell of the past and McCoy was having quite a good game until he was no longer useful due to the blowout.

I think KC's defense is much better equipped to keep the game close than the Eagles defense was. I agree that Smith will have to make plays, but if he starts throwing the ball 39 times we will not have a chance.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Ravens with Rice/Pierce.

Eagles with McCoy.

Oakland is ranked the #9 running team in the league McFadden had 9 yds on 12 carries. Pryor very good running
    QB.
    Eagles #1 ranked running team in the league!