Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Phillips Vs Dumervil In The Stats Comparison

Although this isn't a perfect source for comparison, I still think it's fun to see how Shaun Phillips is doing in the stats, vs Dumervil. Remember, our guy makes a lot less coin than our ex guy, so comparisons are not on the same playing field. One would expect that the guy with the big wallet should produce more.

OK......

Shaun Phillips

14 combined tackles (13 and 1 assist), 5.5 sacks and 1 FF

Elvis Dumervil

13 combined tackles (7 and 6 assist), 3.0 sacks and 0 FF

It should be noted that Phillips is #5 in the league for sacks.

Overall, even without the influence of Von Miller, our guy has been a very good replacement for most of what Dumervil is paid big bucks to do. In fact, I would contest that with Miller in the lineup, Phillips gets even more chances for sacks.

And I know that a few stats doesn't provide the complete picture, but for me, we haven't fared too badly in the exchange of personnel, since the infamous fax gate!

I find this comparison very interesting to watch/track

I actually started this thread last week on the subject

I'll need to update it

Doom actually had a nice day yesterday according to a couple highlights I saw

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...uch&highlight=
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Great share. Phillips is a huge off season acquisition for us. Kudos to the FO!

As I said in the other thread, he is quietly having a good season. Nobody is paying him any attention, he has really been a bright spot on an otherwise weak pass rush. Really interested in seeing the pass rush when Von is back.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Once Von gets back, he will get double teamed freeing up more space for Phillips to take advantage of the match ups. I say Phillips ends up with 11 sacks, Von with 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Once Von gets back, he will get double teamed freeing up more space for Phillips to take advantage of the match ups. I say Phillips ends up with 11 sacks, Von with 10.
    Agree and Megadittos. When you've got TWO pash rushers that the other guys are worried about, it starts to get in the QB's head. The alarm clock goes off a little early sometimes. His accuracy may suffer even when he's not under immediate pressure. It just changes everything.

Phillips should blow the roof off sunday. Jags are playing with a backup LT and RT.

Anyway, sacks for me wasn't what I was going to miss most about Elvis, it was the holding penalties that he caused on OTs. Still not worth the coin, just stating the hidden advantages that I miss.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Phillips: Plays for the best team in the league.
    Dumervil: Plays on the 3rd best team in the AFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Phillips: Plays for the best team in the league.
    Dumervil: Plays on the 3rd best team in the AFC North.
    Is this a general statement or are you saying it's why Phillips has the better stats? Cause if you're saying it affects stats, I would go one step further, in the other direction, that The Ravens still have some quality defenders, which should aid Dumervil. Try to handle Ngati and Suggs all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Then u dont believe what u said. You think his numbers will improve because of von but u think he'll only get 5.5 more sacks in 11 games when he got 5.5 in 5 games without him?.... i think he will finish with 15.5 and von about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Phillips should blow the roof off sunday. Jags are playing with a backup LT and RT.

Anyway, sacks for me wasn't what I was going to miss most about Elvis, it was the holding penalties that he caused on OTs. Still not worth the coin, just stating the hidden advantages that I miss.
    I actually thought his small stature gave him a disadvantage in refs calling holding. He gets held a ton but it doesn't seem like it gets called much.

Should've taken the money, Toombs.

I can only assume Von will get his, so that being said...we have a great chance to have 3 guys in double digit sacks this season. Phillips is sitting with 5.5- Ayers is sitting with 4.5 and Von will back on the field in 13 more days.

We tied for first last year with 52 sacks and I think we can get there again this season. I cant wait to see Champ and Miller back out there and what they might help open up for other guys

Von comes back for the biggest test for Denver so far this season. Indy is widely recognized as the 2nd most powerful AFC contender right now.

That' is going to be a great game and probably will set more TV records if not QB records lol
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I think ayers benefits to from Von coming back, ayers is already having a stellar yr. if you don't think so look at the difference in pass rush when ayers wasn't in the game, it was non existent at times