My friend is offering me tix. Am I getting ripped off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChampPik4Six
    Bench Warmer
    • Jan 2007

My friend is offering me tix. Am I getting ripped off?

Im flying from CLE to DEN for my first ever Broncos game as I stated in my last post. My friend moved out to denver and now knows some people he works with that are supposably season ticket holders. I asked if they have tickets I can buy to the JAX game since Im flying out and he said he would offer me section 118 tickets row 6 for $165 a piece. So I didnt know if that was a good deal for lower bowl 6th row corner tickets or not so before I say yes I wanted to make sure with you guys that it is a fair price or not.

Am i getting hosed for $165?
  • 86Elwayfan
    The Future is Upon us!!!
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
    Im flying from CLE to DEN for my first ever Broncos game as I stated in my last post. My friend moved out to denver and now knows some people he works with that are supposably season ticket holders. I asked if they have tickets I can buy to the JAX game since Im flying out and he said he would offer me section 118 tickets row 6 for $165 a piece. So I didnt know if that was a good deal for lower bowl 6th row corner tickets or not so before I say yes I wanted to make sure with you guys that it is a fair price or not.

Am i getting hosed for $165?
    My seats are in 118!! Row 13 actually so not much higher up than you would be. Do you know what seat numbers they have?? If they are in the 20's they will be a little closer to the north side of the field rather than the goal line with which is actually a good thing in a row that close as you don't have the sideline camera's every blocking you. As far as a "good deal" for that section they are asking more than the season ticket holder price which is $105. I am not sure what people are selling tix in our section for for this game simply because its the jags...but I do know that some people that have sat in seats around me have paid anywhere from $250-$500 depending on how desirable the game was. If it's just a ticket for you check ticket master for half price seats as there are still single seats available for that.

Edit: Also wanted to note the seats there are great. View is spectacular particularly in the North Endzone.
    sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
      Canuck Mod, eh!
      • Feb 2004

You are getting a deal. Seats in the upper areas are 200+ this season.
      sigpic

Comment

• superbronco07
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2013

$165 seems a better of a deal than what is being asked on resale sites for tickets in the same section. I attended the game against the Ravens and paid over $300 for tickets in section 117, row 2. Awesome seats and experience so it was well worth it to me. There is no way I would pay $300 to watch this week's game but $165 seems fair for what you are going to get.

Comment

• ChampPik4Six
          Bench Warmer
          • Jan 2007

Thanks for the info guys I just bought them and couldnt be more excited!

ElwayFan, I think he said they are in the high teens somewhere for the seat numbers. I ask because Ive never paid more than 50-75 bucks for any ticket to any game, not the Browns, not the Cavs, not the Indians. Shoot, 165 dollar tickets for the Browns can get you VIP locker room access and a private helicopter into the stadium because they have been pretty bad recently. So when I go from 50-75 a ticket to 165 its kinda a huge jump for me but this is a once in a decade experience for me so I figured Im already in the hole 300 for the airfare might as well get awesome seats and do it big. BTW Im going with a friend so its 2 tickets.

SuperBronco, I have been keeping up with Stubhub/Ticketexchange the last week straight and whenever 2 tickets in the lower bowl go for sale especially in rows 1-20 they get snatched up within an a few hours. On top of that I really wanted a good row down low by the field in the 1-10 range and I havent seen those type of tickets go for anything less than 175. So when his offer came up I had to jump because I doubt any more tickets are gonna pop up in the first 10 rows in the lower bowl for any cheaper than 165. I just hope people dont post all their tickets on the ticket exchange last min. for super cheap trying to get rid of them. My biggest fear is to look online Saturday morning and see Section 120 3rd row tickets for 125 bucks a pop lol So ill be kicking myself for not waiting it out.

Anyways, since the tickets are now mine can you guys tell me a little about the gameday experience so I dont have to make another thread. I know we are going tailgating at 9 or 10 am with my friends buddies. Anything I have to go see or do around the stadium thats unique or awesome? I know I want a picture in front of the horses by the main entrance cause they look awesome lol. Anybody gonna be tailgating with a TV so I can catch some of the Brownies game before the Broncos? How are the pregame intros? Wheres the best place to get some autographs?

I hope Champ plays, hes been my favorite athlete since he came to the Broncos (even over Lebron when he was in Cleveland). It would kinda be a bummer to fly all the way out there for my first broncos game to not be able to watch him plays before he retires

Sorry for all the questions! Im just really excited and Ive had 3 cups of coffee already today so Im amped up haha
          Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
            The Future is Upon us!!!
            • Sep 2011

To answer your question on things to do whilst tailgating I am not much of a traveler when I tailgate but we like to play beer pong and things like that at ours so you are more than welcome to stop on by if you'd like to. Not many people bring TV's to tailgates unfortunately but Cell service around the stadium is vastly improved so it should be easier to check the Browns score at least As far as pregame stuff goes I like to start packing up to head in about an hour before the game starts so that gives you some idea.
            sigpic

Comment

• xX-Bronco-Xx
              Is this the real life?
              • Jul 2005

If he really was your friend would you even have to ask if you are getting hosed?

Comment

• ChampPik4Six
                Bench Warmer
                • Jan 2007

Bronco, well its my friend who lives in Denvers coworker so I dont know him personally but my friend does. Ive been looking at tickets eventhough I bought those ones off him already and it looks like I got a good deal. There are none in the last few days on ticket exchange or stub hub in the lower bowl rows 1-10 for under 200 now. Makes me happy that I got a good deal!

As far as tailgating all I know is that he said we are getting there around 9-10 and I plan on going into the stadium an hour or hour 30 before to walk around the stadium and check the whole scene out.

Have any of you been to the new mountain village yet? is it cool?

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                  The Future is Upon us!!!
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
                  Bronco, well its my friend who lives in Denvers coworker so I dont know him personally but my friend does. Ive been looking at tickets eventhough I bought those ones off him already and it looks like I got a good deal. There are none in the last few days on ticket exchange or stub hub in the lower bowl rows 1-10 for under 200 now. Makes me happy that I got a good deal!

As far as tailgating all I know is that he said we are getting there around 9-10 and I plan on going into the stadium an hour or hour 30 before to walk around the stadium and check the whole scene out.

Have any of you been to the new mountain village yet? is it cool?
                  I haven't been so I can't tell you on that one sorry!
                  sigpic

Comment

• ChampPik4Six
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Jan 2007

haha on a side not I just spent quite some time reading about how haunted DIA is and how its built on top of a indian burial grounds. Apparently there are quite a few creepy paintings in the airport too lol looking forward to it. Im kinda of weird about flying anyways because ive seen too many movies but to know that Im also flying into the nations most haunted airport really puts icing on the cake.
                    Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 10-10-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• BluenOrnge4Life
                      Since '85
                      • Jan 2006

You are getting a great deal.

Just an FYI for anyone reading this: If you ever unsure about tickets, go to stubhub.com or nfl.com/ticketexchange. I would highly recommend NOT BUYING tickets from the scalpers in front of the stadium this year because they are just colluding together and gouging fans. You can probably get a single ticket from them, but if you are looking for a group of tickets, online is the way to go.

The market price is what you see online for these tickets.. the group that you see every game day in front of the stadium on federal, are just colluding together and charging $100 to $150 more than online market price.

i.e. I got into the Raven's game for $80 from a scalper, but they all wanted $200-$250 each for a pair of uppers to the Eagles game. I went online and they were all about $135-$165 each for uppers.
                      Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 10-10-2013, 09:25 AM.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• JWinn
                        Go Broncos!
                        • Aug 2004

So was it worth it?

I am just curious what you think after the fact. Was the game worth $165?

Comment

• JWinn
                          Go Broncos!
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                          You are getting a great deal.

Just an FYI for anyone reading this: If you ever unsure about tickets, go to stubhub.com or nfl.com/ticketexchange. I would highly recommend NOT BUYING tickets from the scalpers in front of the stadium this year because they are just colluding together and gouging fans. You can probably get a single ticket from them, but if you are looking for a group of tickets, online is the way to go.

The market price is what you see online for these tickets.. the group that you see every game day in front of the stadium on federal, are just colluding together and charging $100 to $150 more than online market price.

i.e. I got into the Raven's game for $80 from a scalper, but they all wanted $200-$250 each for a pair of uppers to the Eagles game. I went online and they were all about $135-$165 each for uppers.

I see those scalpers every game. All standing there on Federal with their "I NEED TICKETS!" signs. (Right next to his buddy waving a handful.)

I once offered one of my club seats to one of them under Colfax just off Lot M. He looked at the $300 price and of course, I still have that ticket.

I always wondered if their tickets were genuine. I have read so many stories of people being refused entry because the bought fake tickets from scalpers. They look real, but of course, I am always driving by, and never stop to really check them out.

When exactly did you buy that $80 tickets for the opener? Just before kickoff? I always imagine the scalper prices drop significantly as time draws close. Just gotta be lucky (or good if you have the experience and practice) and hit the right scalper at the right time?

Comment

• Sophia23
                            RIP #88
                            • Sep 2012

I thought the $165 wasn't bad at all... just from the fact of what I've typically paid on stub hub or NFLticket exchange. Hope you had a good time at the game!
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Working...
                            X