Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982

    Tim Tebow To The Browns?

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...53899372,d.dmg


    This is interesting. Can't get worse than the way Brandon Weeden played late against the Lions.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,343
    They should've gone after Flynn. I guess they might as well sign Tebow. They could use the depth. At least McGahee is there and they played together in the past.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    If they wanted to tank the season with a crappy QB, they could just sign Cribbs to play QB. I've had to deal with armchair QB's that claimed that Tebow is/was better than Weeden. If they sign him, hello Bridgewater. Because even Jacksonville would beat Cleveland with Tebow at QB.

    Weeden will look like Brady with his play compared to Tebow.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If they wanted to tank the season with a crappy QB, they could just sign Cribbs to play QB. I've had to deal with armchair QB's that claimed that Tebow is/was better than Weeden. If they sign him, hello Bridgewater. Because even Jacksonville would beat Cleveland with Tebow at QB.
    I doubt Tebow would beat Weeden out. He'd probably just be there for depth. Cleveland could use it since Hoyer tore his ACL.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I doubt Tebow would beat Weeden out. He'd probably just be there for depth. Cleveland could use it since Hoyer tore his ACL.
    Who is the most popular QB in Cleveland? The backup. Who will they be calling for after an incompletion or interception? Right now they are calling for Jason Campbell, who was passed over by Hoyer due to his nonchalant attitude earlier this year. Tebow is a horrible player and doesn't play at an NFL level. As bad as Weeden has been, he is twice as accurate as Tebow and actually can run an NFL offense, which cannot be said for Tebow.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If they wanted to tank the season with a crappy QB, they could just sign Cribbs to play QB. I've had to deal with armchair QB's that claimed that Tebow is/was better than Weeden. If they sign him, hello Bridgewater. Because even Jacksonville would beat Cleveland with Tebow at QB.

    Weeden will look like Brady with his play compared to Tebow.
    I think the Jets just signed Cribbs.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Who is the most popular QB in Cleveland? The backup. Who will they be calling for after an incompletion or interception? Right now they are calling for Jason Campbell, who was passed over by Hoyer due to his nonchalant attitude earlier this year. Tebow is a horrible player and doesn't play at an NFL level. As bad as Weeden has been, he is twice as accurate as Tebow and actually can run an NFL offense, which cannot be said for Tebow.
    I'm not gonna defend Tebow, cause he is terrible at this point, but their only 2 QB's on the roster are Weeden and Campbell. I'm just saying they could use a third stringer in case Weeden and Campbell both got hurt. I wouldn't start him over either of those two. Who else is out there? Not many.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I'm not gonna defend Tebow, cause he is terrible at this point, but their only 2 QB's on the roster are Weeden and Campbell. I'm just saying they could use a third stringer in case Weeden and Campbell both got hurt. I wouldn't start him over either of those two. Who else is out there? Not many.
    I think he would end up being the second stringer. Tim Tebow is not a pocket passer. If you had a team that was willing to change their whole offense the way Denver did for him & run the read option then he could be successful but never take a team to the super bowl. I just don't see Norv Turner & the Browns changing their offense around for him if he was to play.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I think he would end up being the second stringer. Tim Tebow is not a pocket passer. If you had a team that was willing to change their whole offense the way Denver did for him & run the read option then he could be successful but never take a team to the super bowl. I just don't see Norv Turner & the Browns changing their offense around for him if he was to play.
    I think if they were still in contention and Tebow ended up playing with Weeden and Campbell going down, they would possibly.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I think if they were still in contention and Tebow ended up playing with Weeden and Campbell going down, they would possibly.
    Maybe, they would certainly be able run the ball in that offense.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    But you know what if they sign him good for Tim.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Who is the most popular QB in Cleveland? The backup. Who will they be calling for after an incompletion or interception? Right now they are calling for Jason Campbell, who was passed over by Hoyer due to his nonchalant attitude earlier this year. Tebow is a horrible player and doesn't play at an NFL level. As bad as Weeden has been, he is twice as accurate as Tebow and actually can run an NFL offense, which cannot be said for Tebow.
    I'm not sure how you can say that when Weeden has been an absolute failure and nothing else in the NFL. Tebow has at least won games and shown if you use gimmicks, have a decent defense, and can run the ball you have a chance at winning.

    I'd take Tebow over Weeden every day of the week.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    14,927
    Its really too bad that Hoyer went down, he looked like he was going to make the Brown's respectable this year

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Its really too bad that Hoyer went down, he looked like he was going to make the Brown's respectable this year
    Your right they found a diamond in the rough with Hoyer. They will be drafting a QB though no doubt.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say that when Weeden has been an absolute failure and nothing else in the NFL. Tebow has at least won games and shown if you use gimmicks, have a decent defense, and can run the ball you have a chance at winning.

    I'd take Tebow over Weeden every day of the week.
    People do often downplay the significance of a QB's running ability. Judging Tebow like you would a pocket QB is foolish because he isn't one, and his running ability does help an offense. Tebow-McGahee could make a good running duo for sure, he still has the GW drive ability, and Cleveland's defense is better than Denver's was in 2011. Tebow does have big play ability so hitting some big plays to Gordon and Cameron once or twice a game. They may be able to put together a good season with Tebow at the helm, no one can deny that it possibly can work since it's been done.

    That being said, could work doesn't always mean will. The problem with that style of play is that the execution needs to be near perfect. Denver won when the execution was great, but once Tebow started turning it over we saw how bad they were. If we see a turnover machine out of Tebow, it will be a disaster.

    Signing him as a back up couldn't hurt though, if they get desperate they may as well try it out. The problem is that Tebow isn't like Vick who was a mediocre passer, he is the worst passing QB in the league so it's basically throwing any shot at being a good passing team. You can win a different way with him though, and it's not despite him since he contributes to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •