Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question John Fox Facts???

Hello all. My name is Tim Crispy and I am a Packer fan. But I come in peace.

I do fun sports parody videos on youtube. Search my name to get the idea. I have a song about my jersey collection as well as a song dedicated to Russell Wilson.

I also am a big Wisconsin Badgers fan(hence the Russell Wilson video) and because of Montee Ball I have watched many Broncos games this season and will cheer for them as long as their not playing the Packers.

I've been trying to come up with a Broncos song all season and have finally got an idea but could use some help. I know a lot about the players but not much about Coach Fox. I'm asking for some info on him please.

Does he have any favorite sayings? Does he always talk about one thing in press conferences? Any funny mannerisms on the sideline? Any play calls he makes a lot? Does he even do the play-calling or is that done by the OC? Any stuff like that that I wouldn't be able to find on wikipedia or other websites.

Any help would be great. Also, if there are other fun things about this team that an outsider not living in Denver who doesn't follow the team super close wouldn't know would be great.

Thanks so much. I'm not here to promote myself at all. Honestly I'm not. Just trying to get more facts about the Broncos that I may not know.

-Tim Crispy

Playcalling is handled by both Jack Del Rio (DC) and Adam Gase (OC).

As far as sayings go, "what's better than 6 in a row?" is the only thing that comes to mind. He's rather quiet when you compare him to other coaches, but he seems like a friendly guy, like the anti-Bellichick.

Thank you! Stuff like that will help a lot. Keep um coming.

Is this the most popular Broncos forum/message board out there?

I'm not good with stuff like this but one thing that stands out to me: Bronco fans have the term "fox-ball" to describe Fox's ultra conservative play calling when we're ahead late in games. He also defends his fox-ball approach by telling the media "you gotta play the percentages".

Fox is a great guy. He's very good-ole-boy kind of guy. Watch some of his press conferences and you'll pick up on some of his mannerisms.

Is Adam Gase pronounced just like "GAS" ?

Uh oh....I sense a parody of the annoying "what the fox say" song coming on.

Come february you can add the (super bowl)ring ring ring ring ring ring re re re ring part.

Nope. Not even close.

"It is what it is"
    That was extremely popular when he was in Carolina. Haven't heard it much in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by TBuckley27 View Post
    Is Adam Gase pronounced just like "GAS" ?
    More like Gays

Quote Originally Posted by TBuckley27 View Post
    Nope. Not even close.
    Sure buddy.....

One that most of us Bronco fans will always remember was his "10 out of 10 times" comment in reference to the decision to kneel down last year against the Ravens in the 4th qtr. He took some heat for it for a bit.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 10-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.

"Peyton, raises all boats"
    "All I know is what the film says" or something like that.
    "I'll leave that to you" Speaking to reporters

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

John Fox is a game manager, he's not really a vocal coach.

Tim Crispy lol. Nice

On Sirius Radio, NFL channel they address John Fox as "Foxy". In the interviews, they always seem to be short assuming that Foxy doesn't like to spend too much time away from the next game planning. They also kid Fox that he is probably the one coach that gets the best sleep each night, obvious referring to the state of the team's status.

Fox is a players coach. And they love him.

He's defensive minded which is why he plays "fox ball". He trusts his D to be able to keep the other team from scoring rather than letting his offense try to make the lead even bigger.

He can be funny. Seems to be very open and honest.

Not a guy who will cause a controversy despite defending Peyton about the Irsay comments I've never really heard him talk like that and even that was pretty mild mannered.

However you can see his true self on the sidelines when the refs blow a call or when the team is playing like kaka he's pissed look at his face get red and him yelling. But as soon as the game is over and he's in the locker room again he's that same players coach.

Although what do I know I only get to see what they want us to see.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho