Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,183

    Need Help with Tickets - Texans Game in December

    Does anybody have any tips on purchasing tickets?

    I'm looking to buy a couple for the Texans game this December. It's not often your team visits a city within driving distance during a year they're Super Bowl favorites. That's why I'm willing to spend a bit more on this game than I normally would, although my friend also wants to go and can't afford to spend as much as I can. I'm not opposed to paying for some of his although I don't want to go over budget (appx. $500) and I still want a nice seat.

    I've been looking on the various Stub Hub type websites and getting a couple tickets together in the Lower Level between the 20's along the visitor's sideline would be too far over the combined budget (about $750 for the both of us) with fees and all. Because individual tickets are much cheaper, I was also looking into seats on the same row in adjacent sections or nearby rows in the same section and hoping it would work out that we'd be able to trade with somebody. I don't know if that's realistic, though.

    Any thoughts, tips or recommendations?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    where the kudzu grows
    Posts
    1,128
    I don't have any tips, but that's a game I'm looking at as well. I'll be following along to see what others know.

    I agree that the prices are stiff. That makes it a bit of a difficult decision. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by southern cross View Post
    I don't have any tips, but that's a game I'm looking at as well. I'll be following along to see what others know.

    I agree that the prices are stiff. That makes it a bit of a difficult decision. Good luck!
    I have a friend in Houston that says the prices are about where they were all last season. I would think if the Texans continue down the road they are on the prices may go down as you get closer to the game. I am going to try to go to this game as well but will be buying tickets in late November.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    where the kudzu grows
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I have a friend in Houston that says the prices are about where they were all last season. I would think if the Texans continue down the road they are on the prices may go down as you get closer to the game. I am going to try to go to this game as well but will be buying tickets in late November.
    Thanks for the help. I may wait a bit as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    917
    Need Help with Tickets - Texans Game in December
    Does anybody have any tips on purchasing tickets?

    I'm looking to buy a couple for the Texans game this December. It's not often your team visits a city within driving distance during a year they're Super Bowl favorites. That's why I'm willing to spend a bit more on this game than I normally would, although my friend also wants to go and can't afford to spend as much as I can. I'm not opposed to paying for some of his although I don't want to go over budget (appx. $500) and I still want a nice seat.

    I've been looking on the various Stub Hub type websites and getting a couple tickets together in the Lower Level between the 20's along the visitor's sideline would be too far over the combined budget (about $750 for the both of us) with fees and all. Because individual tickets are much cheaper, I was also looking into seats on the same row in adjacent sections or nearby rows in the same section and hoping it would work out that we'd be able to trade with somebody. I don't know if that's realistic, though.

    Any thoughts, tips or recommendations?

    Thanks!
    don't have any tips, but that's a game I'm looking at as well. I'll be following along to see what others know.

    I agree that the prices are stiff. That makes it a bit of a difficult decision. Good luck!
    I have a friend in Houston that says the prices are about where they were all last season. I would think if the Texans continue down the road they are on the prices may go down as you get closer to the game. I am going to try to go to this game as well but will be buying tickets in late November.
    Hey Guys, any of you buy tickets for this game yet? I just booked my flight to Houston so I'm all in now I have not bought a ticket for the game yet...it would be nice to try and be in a section where other bronco fans are. The only place I have searched for tickets is TicketExchange...any other suggestions?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,746
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    Hey Guys, any of you buy tickets for this game yet? I just booked my flight to Houston so I'm all in now I have not bought a ticket for the game yet...it would be nice to try and be in a section where other bronco fans are. The only place I have searched for tickets is TicketExchange...any other suggestions?
    Please read the first post in this thread. Discussions of sites that conflict with the sponsors will be deleted.

    Thanks for understanding.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    743

    Need a little help fellow Broncos fans......

    Hey guys and gals. Gonna be traveling into Denver from Houston Texas Wednesday evening and was wondering about a couple of things. Gonna try to score on a game ticket for the Thursday night game vs the chargers but I doubt very seriously I'll be able to. Ive been unable to get to Denver for an actual regular season game but I wanted to come down to the stadium with or without game tickets. This season has been an awesome one and if we win the big game I want to be able to say I was a part of it and was able to enjoy it with you guys.#1. For those of you that dont have game tickets do you guys tailgate and watch the game from the parking lot? Is that allowed? Out here in Houston at one point fans were allowed to come on the lot and tailgate before and during the game. Many fans were able to watch the game from outside in the lot (it was later banned). #2. If that's something that happens, whats a good time to head down to the stadium and is there parking available? If allowed can you bring food and beverages onto the lot? If any of you guys can provide any information I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I have been unable to travel home during football season so I haven't been in actual game atmosphere with fellow Bronco fans in many many years. Hopefully I can join a few of you and slam a few brewskis...
    Last edited by JHoward; 12-09-2013 at 07:09 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chillin at Ingle's
    Posts
    7,021
    Moving this thread to the appropriate spot. Enjoy and good luck!!
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.


    ***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

    Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Hey guys and gals. Gonna be traveling into Denver from Houston Texas Wednesday evening and was wondering about a couple of things. Gonna try to score on a game ticket for the Thursday night game vs the chargers but I doubt very seriously I'll be able to. Ive been unable to get to Denver for an actual regular season game but I wanted to come down to the stadium with or without game tickets. This season has been an awesome one and if we win the big game I want to be able to say I was a part of it and was able to enjoy it with you guys.#1. For those of you that dont have game tickets do you guys tailgate and watch the game from the parking lot? Is that allowed? Out here in Houston at one point fans were allowed to come on the lot and tailgate before and during the game. Many fans were able to watch the game from outside in the lot (it was later banned). #2. If that's something that happens, whats a good time to head down to the stadium and is there parking available? If allowed can you bring food and beverages onto the lot? If any of you guys can provide any information I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I have been unable to travel home during football season so I haven't been in actual game atmosphere with fellow Bronco fans in many many years. Hopefully I can join a few of you and slam a few brewskis...
    I can try to answer a few of your questions. You should be able to find tickets the day of the game I would think. There are licensed ticket sellers on the streets around the stadium if that is a route you want to go. I would check ( http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas..._RAIL_NAV_MENU ) and see if you can't find some on there. A lot of people may be unable to go since it is a Thursday night game, but given the season we are having that may not be the case.

    As far as tailgating there are cash lots around the stadium (lot C and lot M I think) but they are first come first serve, if you are on twitter follow @sportsauthorityfield and they will let you know when the lots open. (Usually 4-5 hours before the game. Here are the rules on tailgating: http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets...ailgating.html

    You can sit in the lots and watch the game and all food and beverages are allowed. However you aren't allowed to have glass out. So if you plan to have something like that bring cups to pour it into. Hope I helped out, enjoy Denver!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    743
    Thanks a ton 86Elwayfan, really appreciate it. Thats does help. Its funny how tailgating can be so easy. Here in Houston tailgating is banned pretty much. They have put so many limitations on tailgating on the stadiums property its like youre trying to get into Fort Knox. Because of incidents at 1 game two years ago (fighting in the parking lot between texans and cowboy fans) they banned tailgating for everyone except for season ticket holders and their immediate guests (each season ticket holder is issued 10 tailgating tickets). Tailgating tickets? Really? Are you kidding me? Thats why the city of Houston has no NFL football history as we do and there are so many fair weather fans here. As for Thursday night, whats the best time to get down to the stadium to park and how much do the ticket scalpers usually charge for game seats? Is there a way to verify that the tickets are legitimate?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Thanks a ton 86Elwayfan, really appreciate it. Thats does help. Its funny how tailgating can be so easy. Here in Houston tailgating is banned pretty much. They have put so many limitations on tailgating on the stadiums property its like youre trying to get into Fort Knox. Because of incidents at 1 game two years ago (fighting in the parking lot between texans and cowboy fans) they banned tailgating for everyone except for season ticket holders and their immediate guests (each season ticket holder is issued 10 tailgating tickets). Tailgating tickets? Really? Are you kidding me? Thats why the city of Houston has no NFL football history as we do and there are so many fair weather fans here. As for Thursday night, whats the best time to get down to the stadium to park and how much do the ticket scalpers usually charge for game seats? Is there a way to verify that the tickets are legitimate?
    As far as verification goes I do not know. I do know that if the licensed ones get there licenses revoked if they get caught selling fake tickets. I have never bought from them so I have no clue on price.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,148

    Houston vs Denver, Ticket Prices

    Wow. I wasn't suppose to be in town this weekend so I didn't get tickets. But just found out last night I will be so I am trying to score some last minute tickets to the game. I thought at 2-12, it wouldnt be so hard. But these people acutually want to sell their tickets for more than they paid. I haven't gotten one response of anyone who wants to seel at cost or below. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

    --J.R.R. Tolkien

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Corona California
    Posts
    589
    Since the Broncos fans travel well... those tickets will always be more expensive. I live in California and it is the same for Oakland and San Diego. I have season tickets to SD and I sold the Denver tickets for double face value while I sold the Bengals for half. Your best value is going to be field level.
    res ipsa loquitur

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •