Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Must have been a really bad 3 days of practice!
    Considering he's practiced with the team every day since he was drafted, I'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by jgod654 View Post
    There can be only one way this makes sense.

They promoted him only to find out that he sucks quite a bit...
    Again, no. He's been practicing with the team for months. The coaches have known what he's capable of for a long time.

Found this article and it makes a lot of sense

INDIANAPOLIS Even for 6-0 teams, the NFL can be a harsh business.

To make room for linebacker Von Miller on their 53-man roster, the Broncos on Saturday waived rookie receiver Tavarres King, one of their fifth-round selections in the April draft.

What made the transaction unusual was the Broncos had promoted King from their practice squad to the 53-man roster on Tuesday to prevent him from signing with the Green Bay Packers.

King will find out at 2 p.m. Monday whether another team has claimed him off waivers. The Packers may not be in play as they filled their receiver opening Friday by claiming fourth-round rookie pass-catcher Chris Harper off waivers from San Francisco.

If King goes unclaimed Monday, the Broncos are expected to attempt to re-sign him back on their practice squad, where he spent the first five weeks of the season and made the minimum salary of $6,000 a week, which was raised this season.
    Had King been signed on to the Packers' 53-man roster, he would have been guaranteed at least $71,470, which is three weeks of the rookie minimum salary.

King did get one week big-roster rookie pay of $23,823 this week from the Broncos. Salary cap and financial considerations may have been behind the Broncos' decision to move King back off their roster Saturday. Cutting a veteran player this late in the season would have meant paying his full-year salary.

Miller, a Pro Bowler in each of his first two NFL seasons with Broncos, was suspended from the first six games for violating the league's drug policy. The Broncos went 6-0 without him. Miller was reinstated for practice Monday, but did not have to be officially moved to the active roster until Saturday.

He is expected to start in the Broncos' game here Sunday night against the Indianapolis Colts.

To me, the only thing that seems logical about this is that the Broncos are purposefully hoarding receivers in anticipation of some roster changes next year. I would think Caldwell and Decker are very concerned about this.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

It is a business move.

King is a commodity in the business of the NFL and honestly he has not done anything yet to expect any kind of loyalty from a NFL team.

It is reasons like this that I do not hate on players when they try to use whatever leverage they can to get more benefits as long as it does not hurt the team chances to win.

The NFL is a business and there is very little room for emotions when business decisions are made...there is room but not for 5th round picks who have not done anything yet.

At least he won't be signing with one of our possible future opponents and give away any information.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lol no. Nobody would. You're letting your fandom cloud your judgement.

Anyone would rather take a 400% salary increase and a place on the real roster with potential to actually play.
    And wouldn't you rather stay with the team that drafted you? 90% of players want to stay their entire careers in the place where they were drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    I get that Miller was activated but i dont get this move at all... why promote just to waive him - gambling on waiver wire when we alrdy know the broncos didnt wanna lose him.
    Green bay signed a receiver of SF Niners practice squad while King was on our 53 man roster. Maybe now GB wont want him. I guess this is what the Broncos are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
    Green bay signed a receiver of SF Niners practice squad while King was on our 53 man roster. Maybe now GB wont want him. I guess this is what the Broncos are thinking.
    I think that is exactly what they were hoping would happen. Now whether or not he slips through waivers or not is a different story, but like I said a couple of pages back, this just Elway/the front office massaging the instruments available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    And wouldn't you rather stay with the team that drafted you? 90% of players want to stay their entire careers in the place where they were drafted
    Lets see stay with team who drafted me on practice squat -400% salary could make
    or
    Go to NFL team on 53 man roster, get game experience and have a chance to showcase talent on the field and get a 400% raise

it is a no brainer man
    I love my Broncos but if I'm him I'm pissed right now
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    To me, the only thing that seems logical about this is that the Broncos are purposefully hoarding receivers in anticipation of some roster changes next year. I would think Caldwell and Decker are very concerned about this.
    I'm thinking the same. If Decker wants to stay with the team, bit will for less than another team would offer, I think.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Wide receiver Taverras King, whom Denver released Saturday, was claimed on waivers by the Carolina Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by maggnus View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Wide receiver Taverras King, whom Denver released Saturday, was claimed on waivers by the Carolina Panthers.
    Well poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Or the Broncos simply didn't want him going to GB, a team they could see in the SB.