Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How Will This Team Respond?

First off Congrats to the Colts they did what they were supposed to do, as a team that's on top of their division & playoff bound, they defended their homefield, so they did what they were supposed to. The Colt's are a damn good team & played like it & there is a good possibility we will see them again.

Here we go, last night we got physically man handled on both sides of the ball, in the trenches we got beat. The Colts lined up & played man defense on us, their defense lined up & played cover 2 man on us, wow. Man who would have figured that Indy would have lined up & played man on us & we wouldn't eat em up? Well we didn't. I guess that is the one thing that is a concern down the line is getting out played physically. How do you beat a offensive juggernaut, a finesse offense who is capable of putting up 50 points any given Sunday? You bust them in the mouth, you push them around, you hit them hard every chance you get. That's what happen to us last night.

Denver needs to improve in a lot of areas in order to get to their goal of a super bowl championship, from the coaching (gameplans) right down to offense, defense & special teams. I'm not one to write a player off after a bad performance, but Ronnie Hillman needs to be benched for the remainder of the season. It's time to give CJ a shot, Hillman has made too many mistakes in a short period of time. Game planning= I know this has been said before, some of you agree some of you don't, but on offense we need to gameplan to get the ball to Demaryius more. I was listening to Colin Cowherd this morning, he & his guest both were saying the Broncos don't have a Calvin Johnson a Dez Bryant a AJ Green a Julio Jones. I beg to differ, we do & his name is Demaryius Thomas. We need to get him 15 + targets per game. I know a lot of you say work within the system & don't force it. Look at it this way, Dallas Atlanta Detroit & Cincinnati work within their systems but they get these receivers the ball more than we do Demaryius. GET THE BALL TO YOUR BEST PLAYMAKERS. Demaryius is our best playmaker & when he gets the ball he can do things with it.

The Broncos got beat in most aspects of the game last night, Their offensive line was getting beat, their defensive line was getting beat, getting beat in the secondary ect... They fumbled, Manning wasn't spot on, Our receivers didn't play their best game & at the end of the day they were still in the game at the end. Personally I don't think we have played the perfect game this year. This Broncos team has a lot of work to do to get better, but with all these problems I've mentioned you would think we were 3-4 or 4-3 but were 6-1 with one game at home & then the bye week. This team is probably going to lose more games this year, that soft so called schedule is not so soft with the Chiefs & Chargers playing well. With all this adversity, suspensions, injuries, the pressure of super bowl or bust= 6-1 right now.

These are all just my observations, these are all my opinions. That being said i think this team WILL RESPOND, this team will keep working hard & getting better through out the season & will be hitting it's stride going into the playoffs. They may lose a few games along the way, but they will be ready come playoff time. How do you think they will respond????
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 10-21-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Detroit, Dallas, Atlanta, and Cincinnati do force the ball to their big targets, and how do those offenses look compared to Denver's? Which of their QB's is playing smarter football than Peyton?

Manning distributes it where he's getting the good match ups. Indianapolis took DT out of the game. He was often bracket-covered, and Manning wasn't hitting his jump ball target like he has in the past.

What people are missing is, the defense didn't play that bad either. It was penalties like Vickerson's, Special Teams losing field position battles, and the fumbles that gave the Colts a lot of their points. Luck only lead a couple of decent drives. The Colts punted 9 times, for crying out loud, and had a worse 3rd down conversion rate than the Broncos did.

Each phase of the Broncos showed up to play in spurts, but also disappeared for spurts. In the end, they still had chances to win. Denver will head into the post-season having seen just about everything. They will be battle tested, and will have hopefully cleaned up the fumbles and stupid penalties. The offensive line needs to get healthier too.

I think this may be the shot in the arm that wakes this team up.

In the 2 biggest games we have had this year, where the lights are the brightest, we have faded under the pressure. People are losing cool (Vickerson), playing poor fundamental football (hillman, Holliday, Miller).

Manning can't do it all. The D has to chip in. The coaches have to understand we are weak on the flanks and give manning help so he stops getting happy feet.

I think they will respond. We deal with washington, head into the bye and come out in week 10 with a vengeance.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Defense wasnt that bad.

As Doog said, we gave them 3 points off the INT, 7 off the Holliday fumble, and 2 more off the sack/fumble.

Even with all that, Hillman doesnt fumble, its at least a 6 point game if not 3 with less than 3 minutes left to go.

Luck didnt do a whole lot in the 2nd half.

On Demaryius, they covered him well, some doubles, but Davis did a hell of a job on him. They got away with some PI, but refs arent gonna call it, keep doing it.

Big key was OL.

Kuper looks done, feel for him, bye is coming at a perfect time.

Franklin coming back is huge, missed the big guy yesterday a lot.

Indy also beat SF AND Sea who a lot of people have as the top two teams in the NFC.

We played a so-so game and still almost pulled it out despite all that.

Pass rush was lacking but Luck is a hard guy to bring down.

Run defense was solid, AGAIN.

Defense all in all wasnt bad, not great but much better.

How will the Broncos respond?
    Lets hope they fix the fumbles and the penalties, no need to start playing like the Raiders.
    Start CJ Anderson with Moreno.
    Give Julius Thomas a crash course in blocking.
    Those 4 things need to be fixed fast.

The O line is what it is - can't change that due to injuries.
    We'll get Woodyard back. Thats a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I think this may be the shot in the arm that wakes this team up.

In the 2 biggest games we have had this year, where the lights are the brightest, we have faded under the pressure. People are losing cool (Vickerson), playing poor fundamental football (hillman, Holliday, Miller).

Manning can't do it all. The D has to chip in. The coaches have to understand we are weak on the flanks and give manning help so he stops getting happy feet.

I think they will respond. We deal with washington, head into the bye and come out in week 10 with a vengeance.
    This was Miller's first game back, what were you expecting, 3-4 sacks and a pick six?

He played well missing a lot of football.

The D did chip in.

Luck had 228 yards, we held them fairly well on the ground.

They didnt do much on offense in the 2nd half.

They had more 3 and outs than we did, BTW.

Clady is really missed in this game, he would of handled Mathis fairly well, sigh.

The Broncos lost this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    This was Miller's first game back, what were you expecting, 3-4 sacks and a pick six?

He played well missing a lot of football.

The D did chip in.

Luck had 228 yards, we held them fairly well on the ground.

They didnt do much on offense in the 2nd half.

They had more 3 and outs than we did, BTW.

Clady is really missed in this game, he would of handled Mathis fairly well, sigh.

The Broncos lost this game.
    I expect miller to form tackle. Had he actually wrapped and took down Luck instead of giving him a shoulder shot. That first down that indy converted was huge. Go for the strip, Wrap him up, etc... whatever you do, dont just give the guy a should shot, that is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    First off Congrats to the Colts they did what they were supposed to do, as a team that's on top of their division & playoff bound, they defended their homefield, so they did what they were supposed to. The Colt's are a damn good team & played like it & there is a good possibility we will see them again.

Here we go, last night we got physically man handled on both sides of the ball, in the trenches we got beat. The Colts lined up & played man defense on us, their defense lined up & played cover 2 man on us, wow. Man who would have figured that Indy would have lined up & played man on us & we wouldn't eat em up? Well we didn't. I guess that is the one thing that is a concern down the line is getting out played physically. How do you beat a offensive juggernaut, a finesse offense who is capable of putting up 50 points any given Sunday? You bust them in the mouth, you push them around, you hit them hard every chance you get. That's what happen to us last night.

Denver needs to improve in a lot of areas in order to get to their goal of a super bowl championship, from the coaching (gameplans) right down to offense, defense & special teams. I'm not one to write a player off after a bad performance, but Ronnie Hillman needs to be benched for the remainder of the season. It's time to give CJ a shot, Hillman has made too many mistakes in a short period of time. Game planning= I know this has been said before, some of you agree some of you don't, but on offense we need to gameplan to get the ball to Demaryius more. I was listening to Colin Cowherd this morning, he & his guest both were saying the Broncos don't have a Calvin Johnson a Dez Bryant a AJ Green a Julio Jones. I beg to differ, we do & his name is Demaryius Thomas. We need to get him 15 + targets per game. I know a lot of you say work within the system & don't force it. Look at it this way, Dallas Atlanta Detroit & Cincinnati work within their systems but they get these receivers the ball more than we do Demaryius. GET THE BALL TO YOUR BEST PLAYMAKERS. Demaryius is our best playmaker & when he gets the ball he can do things with it.

The Broncos got beat in most aspects of the game last night, Their offensive line was getting beat, their defensive line was getting beat, getting beat in the secondary ect... They fumbled, Manning wasn't spot on, Our receivers didn't play their best game & at the end of the day they were still in the game at the end. Personally I don't think we have played the perfect game this year. This Broncos team has a lot of work to do to get better, but with all these problems I've mentioned you would think we were 3-4 or 4-3 but were 6-1 with one game at home & then the bye week. This team is probably going to lose more games this year, that soft so called schedule is not so soft with the Chiefs & Chargers playing well. With all this adversity, suspensions, injuries, the pressure of super bowl or bust= 6-1 right now.

These are all just my observations, these are all my opinions. That being said i think this team WILL RESPOND, this team will keep working hard & getting better through out the season & will be hitting it's stide going into the playoffs. They may lose a few games along the way, but they will be ready come playoff time. How do you think they will respond????
    I am not sure they can. What you have said is true, but the problem is we have no replacements to fix the line problem both on defense and offense. We have running backs that can't hold onto the ball, and as was noted in the broadcast last night it appeared that Manning also was having an issue throwing the ball. He was lofting it, not rifling it, and the ball was thrown sort a majority of the time. That indicates he has an arm problem or neck problem that is limiting him. It was not fun to watch. Another issue was that the broncos were being kept off the field by themselves. going three and out consistently enabled luck to be on the field more than Denver. Bottom line, we got our heads handed to us. As for what they can. Probably nothing. I don't really think they have the personnel to fix it this year. We lost almost the entire offensive line and you can't just pick them up anywhere. Unless we can beat KC, they will represent the division and we could be sitting this year out because as Fox stated. we could lose to KC twice, Patriots, and SD who beat the colts and held them to only 2 field goals. The reality is this team could be 11 and 5 at the end of the season if we can't get it together. If that happens we won't even be a wild card.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Detroit, Dallas, Atlanta, and Cincinnati do force the ball to their big targets, and how do those offenses look compared to Denver's? Which of their QB's is playing smarter football than Peyton?

Manning distributes it where he's getting the good match ups. Indianapolis took DT out of the game. He was often bracket-covered, and Manning wasn't hitting his jump ball target like he has in the past.

What people are missing is, the defense didn't play that bad either. It was penalties like Vickerson's, Special Teams losing field position battles, and the fumbles that gave the Colts a lot of their points. Luck only lead a couple of decent drives. The Colts punted 9 times, for crying out loud, and had a worse 3rd down conversion rate than the Broncos did.

Each phase of the Broncos showed up to play in spurts, but also disappeared for spurts. In the end, they still had chances to win. Denver will head into the post-season having seen just about everything. They will be battle tested, and will have hopefully cleaned up the fumbles and stupid penalties. The offensive line needs to get healthier too.
    Well i watched Detroit & Cinci yesterday & they both play good offense & I think you know Dallas plays good offense. Compared to the Broncos offense you say? Well you would have to go back in history to find an offense who compares to ours. But I'm talking about game planning to get DT involved & involved early I don't care what Indy was doing to DT. It's about imposing our will on them by game planning. You know DT is our biggest playmaker period. Everything else you said I pretty much covered in my my post, I talked about the mistakes we made & how we were still in the game & how going into the playoffs we will be on top of our game. It's just my opinion but i say just get DT THE DAMN BALL & do it early!!!!!
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 10-21-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Well i watched Detroit & Cinci yesterday & they both play good offense & I think you know Dallas plays good offense. Compared to the Broncos offense you say? Well you would have to go back in history to find an offense who compares to ours. But I'm talking about game planning to get DT involved & involved early I don't care what Indy was doing to DT. It's about imposing our will on them by game planning. You know DT is our biggest playmaker period. Everything else you said I pretty much covered in my my post, I talked about the mistakes we made & how we were still in the game & how going into the playoffs we will be on top of our game. I it's just my opinion but i say just get DT THE DAMN BALL & do it early!!!!!
    I agree. You see stafford and dalton throw it to AJ and Megatron all the time in double coverage. You have a #1 for a reason. Granted, we may be the exception because we have so many other elite options where the lions and bengals dont. Its still frustrated seeing our best weapon touch the ball once per quarter.

Won't even make the playoffs? Where in the heck is that coming from? This team is 6-1 and that's a heck of lot better than almost everyone else in the league. We also have a very winnable schedule the rest of the way. Yeah, we are going to have to beat some good teams to get there, but that is to be expected. If we can't do that, then why bother? I know the Chiefs are in the lead at the moment, but did any of you watch them play the Texans? They are very beatable and I fully expect us to do just that, both times. And the Chargers? Who cares if they held the Colts to 9 points and beat them? That was a different game in a different city. Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn't. It clearly wasn't bouncing our way last night. The Chargers have a good team, but that's ok, we have a better one and should sweep them again this year just like last year.

Look guys this is a good football team. All teams face some adversity from time to time and that is all this loss is. I full faith that the Broncos are going to right the ship and make a Super Bowl run. Will we get there? I don't know, but I'll believe we will until I'm sitting on my couch in February watching some other team in our spot. We are loaded with talent in all 3 fazes of the game. We have some injuries to deal with but that is every team.

We have the best return man in the league in Holliday, without a doubt. Yes, he has an Achilles heel and mishandles the ball sometimes but so does everyone else. And we saw that side of him last night but it's football, that kind of stuff happens from time to time. You keep working with him to correct that as best you can.

Without a doubt we have the best offense in the league. There is no question about it. Just look at the points they are scoring. Even last night after spuddering all night and turning the ball over 3 times (not counting Holliday's lost fumble), they still scored 33 points and save a couple plays, could have won that game. I love Manning to death, but he had an off night last night. He seems to be a very emotional guy and I'm not sure how much that played into it, but he was just off last night. The good news is that doesn't happen often. The offensive line was suspect last night and he had a lot of pressure. Couple that with the fact that the Colt's secondary just absolutely blanketed our receivers for most of the night. Even still, we should have had at least 11 more points, which would have win the game. That play where Decker hit the pylon was a TD, you'll never convince me differently and that would have been another 4 points. And if Hillman wouldn't have fumbled on the goal line, there is another 7.

Hillman, I've been less than impressed with from the start. I wish he could step up and be the guy, I really do, but I just don't have any faith in him at this point. I think he is a wasted roster spot and should be replaced with CJ Anderson until he can get his issues sorted out. I know they want him to be a change of pace back, the speed guy, but his downside simply outweighs his upside at this point, in my view. I haven't given up on him, but I think he needs to get better before he gets back on the field. If nothing else, at least give CJ a shot for a couple games and if it doesn't work out, so be it, reactivate Hillman.

The defense is the weakest link. We are giving up 28 points per game and you just simply can't do that and expect to win many games, especially in the playoffs. Yes, I know they got a raw deal last night with all of the turnovers and I think they played fairly well taking that into consideration. I don't blame the loss on the defense but they have got to do a better job in the passing game. They are allowing the receivers to run free, unchallenged, for the most part. They need to take a few cues from the Colt's secondary and play more physical. I think Webster is a budding star and I'm looking forward to seeing him step up big in the coming weeks. Plus it was Miller's first game back and he'll continue to get better as the season progresses. At this point, I'm not overly concerned with the defense but I certainly hope they get it figured out soon. If they don't, we will struggle against the better teams.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Now that I am a bit calmer. And I was irate last night......we played that game with one O-line player that was a starter, in position at the beginning of the year.

Clark instead of clady, Ramirez was a backup guard, Vasquez playing RT and a oft-injured Kuper who last played in jan and looked bad.

What did we expect of this offense ?

The d did better. Some pressure, key stops and a timely turnover late. Too bad big Vic melted down that kept drives alive and the short field was impossible to defend over and over.

That all being said we almost came back. We beat us most of the time.

Now hopefully something good can come of this loss. If not I see a total implosion.

The Broncos have a difficult run the next 4 games after the bye. Even if they go 1&3...not saying they will, mind you...they would still be 7 & 4 going into thee rather soft final stretch.

If this team doesn't manage at least 11 wins, it would crash down like an avalanche on this coaching staff, and 11 wins almost certainly gets you into the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner View Post
    The Broncos have a difficult run the next 4 games after the bye. Even if they go 1&3...not saying they will, mind you...they would still be 7 & 4 going into thee rather soft final stretch.

If this team doesn't manage at least 11 wins, it would crash down like an avalanche on this coaching staff, and 11 wins almost certainly gets you into the tournament.
    The goal is better than 1-3 after the bye. I know you have losses during the season but there are certain games you have to win in my humble opinion. Division games are important & now that the Chiefs are on top & still undefeated those games have become a lot more important. The New England game is important. First thing is first though we need to re group & get ready for & beat the Redskins.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy'up View Post
    How will the Broncos respond?
    Lets hope they fix the fumbles and the penalties, no need to start playing like the Raiders.
    Start CJ Anderson with Moreno.
    Give Julius Thomas a crash course in blocking.
    Those 4 things need to be fixed fast.

The O line is what it is - can't change that due to injuries.
    We'll get Woodyard back. Thats a positive.
    I noticed Tamme play a few times last night, but have yet to see Dressen, why is that? In now way do I want to see Thomas lose playing time, but why not incorporate Dressen more? He can block and catch. Not sure why?