Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan1981 View Post
    Also I think theres a reason why manning only jas one super bowl like isray eluded to.
    Manning wnts all the power to be on offense like the colts who never had a defense. Denvers ranked at bottom on defense. Defense wins games. Im not saying a defense like balt or the bucs. Take the giants for instance great offense but they still had a good defense that stopled tom brady. I think manning henders yall more than he helps. Hes the reason why you have to play a shootout all the time. If he would let the team spend money on defense your team would be more balanced. But manning likes it this way so he can pad his stats. I dont like the broncos but I always hated both mannings cuz of their stunts they pulled when they got drafted.
    im sorry but i seriously highly doubt he doesnt "let the team spend money" on defense so that he can "pad his stats".

Quote Originally Posted by WillTopper View Post
    Had the refs been doing their jobs and callling Def Pass Interfenence on the colts ... it would have been a completely different game. IT was constant and blatant and never called,,,,, but Moreno got called for O-PI .
    THIS^^^^

I dont like excuses, but that crap was blatant. Lucks flop at the end what a joke.

Broncos receivers were being molested all game and nothing called. It was horrific to see. Manning was pressured all night and hit way, way too many times.

THAT is what happened.
    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

defense showed some life in the second half and kept us in the game

the offense and ST lost it for us
    Fumbles and Manning just being off

Although I never want to see Ayers drop back in coverage again
    Del Rio needs to stop being cute get back to what we did well last year

Quote Originally Posted by sheenabobeena View Post
    im sorry but i seriously highly doubt he doesnt "let the team spend money" on defense so that he can "pad his stats".
    Im not saying he does literally but his teams are always geared to the offense is what I mean. Always a great off but a bottom deffense. Whats the common thing between them? Manning Is. JHe went to a team that he knew he could have alot of input. Not trying to take anything away from his talent but you still.need a top 15 def to win a championship.

Im not saying he does literally but his teams are always geared to the offense is what I mean. Always a great off but a bottom deffense. Whats the common thing between them? Manning Is. JHe went to a team that he knew he could have alot of input. Not trying to take anything away from his talent but you still.need a top 15 def to win a championship.
    Well your theory is out the window my irrational Cheifs fan friend because Denver's Defense was ranked top 10 last year ..... this year, who knows where we'll end up but I don't believe it will be less than 15-20.

Please .. go back to the Chiefs board and spew your nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
    There's going to be a lot of excuses and panic on these boards, but in the midst of that it needs to be said you guys played one hell of a game. Especially in the first three quarters.

Congratulations on the win, good luck on the rest of the year.

P.S. I'm ashamed about what Vickerson did to your center, he was playing dirty tonight and i wouldn't be upset if he was fined. Praying for a speedy recovery for your center and that it was nothing serious.
    Yeah that was some boneheaded stunts that Vickerson pulled last night.

Not trying to take anything away from his talent but you still.need a top 15 def to win a championship.
    From Bleacher report

When Manning won the Super Bowl, his Indianapolis Colts had the second-lowest-ranked defense of any Super Bowl winner since the merger, as measured by points allowed (23rd). When Manning was supported by the No. 1 defense in the NFL in 2007 and the No. 2 defense in 2005, the Colts lost in the divisional round
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...win-in-january

Julius Thomas needs to improve blocking skills

Don't get me wrong on this post. I totally LOVE Julius Thomas and what he has done for this team.
    My gosh he has scored 8 touchdowns and 422 yards. He has given us what we need which is a Tight end that is a real threat as a recieving TE.
    But, IMO I think Julius needs to work on his blocking skills. There have been countless times where his assignment was to stay back and block. And numerous times he has caused either Peyton to hurry or has contributed to a Peyton sack.
    Again, i LOVE JT! But, this is something he needs to work on.

Our coaches are the mentally deficient ones who continually put him on an island and expect us to hold up. That error cost us dearly.

This isn't the first time its happened either.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Can not give the defense the blame on this loss. They kept Indy at their averages. If not for all the offensive mistakes the Broncos should have won this game by double digits.

Holliday fumble, INT and the safety accounts for 12pts. Colts also had several short fields because of the inability to get a first downs. Take the points off the board from the Hillman fumble just makes it worse.

Defense can certainly improve ( Miller?) but against a quality team they did a great job overall.

Sucks to lose one but just one game and lots of room for improvement in all phases.

The plan is simple.....beat KC in that first game, and we take back the division.

Wow yes ots possible to win with a bottom def but your missing my point. More often than not you wont win with the bottom def. Stop taking everything so literally. If your defense can improve just a little I can see yall going all the way. All I meant was you wouldnt need a shootout to win every game if you had a bettter defense. My hate is not against denver just manning himself. The only team I really hate is the raiders.

Why the Vickerson negativity?

Curious about the various negative comments about Vickerson.

The Luck chest bump was a ridiculous call. An NBA official would be embarrassed by calling that flop.

And I have seen a couple of comments concerning the Colts C being injured on a dirty play. I did not see it that way. Vickerson was being blocked and landed on the C. How was that dirty?

Vickerson has been solid last night as he has been all season long. No need to single him out despite the bad calls.

EDIT- concede my mistake on the dirty play against Satele after re-watching the clip today. Vickerson guilty of a cheap shot. But still cannot concede the bump being so egregious to draw a flag.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 10-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.

becuase the chest bump was immature/stupid. No need to provoke the refs at that point. They were already hometowning us. Try to show some discipline and respect for your team. That is why he is getting negative press right now.

Vick was absolutely in the wrong. This is the NFL, hes a grown man. I don't agree with the bubble wrapping of QB's like they do in the modern NFL, but you have to know if you hit a QB, innocent or not, your going to take 15 yds.

Couple that with his alleged cheap shot on th Satele (center) and the taking the helmet penalty off and you have yourself a meltdown on an epic scale.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.