Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    If one truely feels the thread is dumb then ignore it...it is a dumb move to feed the trolls but my guess is it makes the poster feel better to put someone's thread down so they do it.
    Guess I'm still a little angry from last nights loss and then I see this wonderful thread .. Had to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Since I'm sure I will hear about this all week, they made a lot of key stops and plays when they needed to. Denver's offense (turnovers, 3 and outs, penalties) and special teams put them in bad spots all game long. You can't put Luck on the 50 yard line or beyond after continuous 3 and outs. This game is NOT on them, even before Vickerson's boneheaded play or after Moreno's TD. Decker and Welker were the only ones who decided to show up offensively.

3 turnovers (all 3 inside the 20 no less) and safety which combined added up to what, 19 points?...and an offense that struggled, and a special teams that fumbled?

This was the best showing by the D all year IMO. But still not that great. Still got inconsistent pressure, and still had guys running wild in the secondary because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    [/B]

Tough to work the middle of the field when we kept Julius Thomas in to help with protection because the Tackles needed help.
    Nice pick up, very true.

I feel Manning can mentally and schematically overcome having to worry about one OT - but not both. Franklin come back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DMDBr0nc0 View Post
    39 points given up is NOT a stellar performance. I don't know the stats, but i would bet a large amount of money that a huge % of the time when a team give up 39 stinking points they don't win the game. Yeah, we can complain about the officiating but it is what it is. As bad as the offense was, they still scored 33 (don't get me wrong, they were terrible with 4 TO's and missed opportunities all over the place). We heard all week how Von was gonna do this and that, and he was going to save our defense and lack of pass rush. He didn't make much of a difference and we gave up 39. The team deserved to lose, and they got manhandled.
    The colts were gifted 2t td's, a safety, and great field position that resulted in a fg because of that safety....solely due to the offense's performance.

That is 19 colt points attributed to Denver's offense.

I think he was genuinely concerned about getting broken in half by Mathis.

Mathis was a madman out there.

Would be funny if Manning read threads like these. I bet he'd laugh at all the speculation. Truth is, anyone could be right. Maybe he has a minor injury. Maybe he was just tired after such an emotional week and game. Maybe it was the poor Oline play and consistent pressure by the Indy D. Maybe he has lost some velocity. Either way, he's still the best QB on this roster, and top 5 QB in the league this year. Even if he loses more velocity, his football IQ should be able to make up for it. If not, well then, maybe we're getting to witness the final year of a surefire HOF QB. Enjoy it instead of nitpicking and speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I dont think so, game on the line, Hillman gets the goal-line carry who has fumbleitis?

That is the biggest thing, why even run him, just throw it 4 times, they couldnt stop him late in the game.
    See and that's also a big thing to me where Manning messed up that people don't realize he deserves share of the blame on.

All anyone sees is Hillman fumbled any everyone blames Hillman.

I've been telling people all day Fox and Manning both deserve equal share for that fumble.

1. As you said why is fumbelitis Hillman even in the game? That's on Fox.

2. Manning calls the plays. He threw us all the way down field and then calls Hillmans number from the 2 knowing he fumbles a lot. Even if he doesn't fumble the clock is not our fiend. He would've been stuffed still costing us at least 20 seconds that we couldn't afford to spare for the defense. That's on Manning.

3. Hillman fumbles. That's on Hillman.

Late in the game, when there was still a chance, I do remember Manning stepping into a throw (that was completed) about 20+ yards down the left center of the field. I think it was DT, but not sure. He stepped in and got blasted right after the release. He had quite a bit on that particular throw. Anyone recall the play?

There is nothing wrong with the call the run it on first down because you sure don't have that option on 2nd or 3rd or 4th. The defense was gassed. Manning was trying to catch them off guard. Just wasn't the Broncos night.

I think the people calling for CJ Anderson are crazy but not anymore maybe he will get a chance now.

I also agree that the loss was on all 3 phases. The turnovers hurt, and they always do in one way or another; giving up points or stopping a drive. It's hard for me to put the loss on the defense when you give Indy, or any team really, a short field (Denver's 11, Denver 20). But I did feel they played well enough to win.

Edit: As far as Von goes, I didn't expect him to come out and be his typical menacing self. There is a difference between being in shape, and in game shape. Von hasn't had, as far as we know, much of the physical contact that takes place during games. It's going to take him a little bit of time to get into that groove.

I do have to pass blame on Vickerson's idiotic penalties. You just can't do that. And our offensive line. I feel they were totally outmatched, couldn't pass or run block and left Manning to fend for himself. And everybody knows that to beat Peyton Manning, you have to get to him. The Colts had no problem at all doing that, and neither did Jacksonville the week before.

I don't want to complain about the officiating because we all know it's wildly inconsistent. The same crew will call tacky fouls one week, but next week they'll allow muggings. So my complaint doesn't just go for last nights game, as much as it does for every game, every week. There really needs to be consistency in calling penalties. Either let them play, or call it tight, but don't go back and forth from week to week.
    Last edited by Bry2; 10-21-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added information

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    This loss had very little to do with Peytons arm strength. His passes often wobble, but as he said he throws a lot of wobbly TDs too. Clark got manhandled tonight, Mathis is a monster and Clark is a backup LT, why we didn't give him more help, I can't answer that one. Hillman nonsurprisingly fumbles at the 2, Holiday gives them 7 points with a fumble and we're talking about his arm strength???? His fumble and INT were because of Clark getting beat. Other than that he over 300 yards and 3TDs.
    Yea, Im still scratching my head as to why they didnt give Clark ANY help in pass protection. Mathis ate him up all game long and the broncos still didnt adjust. I was expecting after the half time they would keep a RB back or an extra tightend on that side, but nope, the Broncos went full retard and left Clark to stave off the top pass rusher in the league right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 18to88 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the call the run it on first down because you sure don't have that option on 2nd or 3rd or 4th. The defense was gassed. Manning was trying to catch them off guard. Just wasn't the Broncos night.

I think the people calling for CJ Anderson are crazy but not anymore maybe he will get a chance now.
    Yees there is someting wrong with calling a run on first down.

1. There was less than 4 minutes on the clock and we were down 9. Meaning we had to get the ball back again after a score and the faster you score means the d can allow 1 first down and still potentially get a stop to get the ball back and give our offense more time. A stuffed run as it was going to be cost minimum 20 seconds of that precious time.

2. An incomplete pass means still second down but stops the clock.

3. You mentioned a gassed d. The best way to beat a gassed d is with a quick route that they are too tired to cover. Not let them stuff the run and have time to regroup and gain air while you set up again.

4. Manning has tried this several times in his tenure with a Broncos after driving downfield only to watch the RB's fumble it away. That's the hardest thing people are grasping is that Fox and Manning should've known better.

Pats game last year we are driving to pull within 1 score or even tie I think. McGahee fumbles a first down run at the 15.

Pre-season (meaningless I know) we rive downfield to watch Hillman fumble a first and goal into the end zone.

Week 2 we drive downfield opening drive on the Giants only to watch Ball fumble a first and goal run into the end zone.

That's 3 times in two seasons where the backs botched it on first down runs after a long drive.

What do we do last night? pass downfield and watch another rb fumble on first and goal trying to keep the defense honest.

At some point either get new RB's or stop risking it.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Manning View Post
    He has never consistently thrown a tight, spiraling pass. Look back at some of the highlights from Indianapolis. Many of the passes are wobbly.
    There's a difference between a "wobble" and a "duck". At least a wobble in most cases can have some velocity. A duck just kinda floats through the air and is almost up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by FooserX View Post
    I just don't consider those other games big games like last night's was. The other ones are just games against tough opponents.

Colts gave Manning the boot. You can't tell me he didn't want to come back there and show them they made a mistake. Especially after Ersay ran his mouth...basically telling the world that Peyton doesn't show up in the playoffs.

Last night had way more pressure on the Broncos than any other game this season...and they showed us the same thing they showed us in the Baltimore game last year - no matter how great they look, they are quite capable of choking wins away.

X
    It's Irsay.

But to your point, the way to shut up the detractors is make the playoffs and WIN. A loss in week 7, won't determine what happens come January.

Why do people always say after a lose that this was a good game to learn from. I'm not buying it. What do we know now that we didn't know before the game? That turnovers cost games. That Holiday is always going to make me scared. That Hillman was a bad pick. That Orange Julius can't pass block. That are pass rush sucks. That are defense is not very good. This team does not look like the team that is going to take us to the Super Bowl and win it. I hope things change and get better. I am very sad today.