Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Post game rants --- Broncos - Colts

I know everyone is freaking out.

Wondering what's wrong with offense?
    What's wrong with the receivers?
    Manning?

Why can't the defense get a stop?

I know most rationale fans didn't expects a perfect season anyway but there is a lot of concern about the play the past two weeks. Even with a 16 point win against the Jags.

The only thing wrong with the Denver Broncos is injuries. This is not even remotely close to the roster we fielded in week 1 let alone last season.

We have nearly a second string offensive line. With Vasquez having to make his first career start at RT.

We are without Champ, Tony Carter, Woodyard and at various points of the season we have missed several others.

I know injuries are part of the game but that is the main reason we are seeing this performance tonight.

It's near impossible to go undefeated. It's even harder when you suffer the amount of injuries this team has this year.

He might be distracted with the USC rumors.

But no. Injuries are the problem.

Just stop with the excuses. They have played press man all night and we are just now winning on some long balls. So much for those elite receivers and that top 3 receiver that we supposedly have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, he is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by B Real 15 View Post
    Just stop with the excuses. They have played press man all night and we are just now winning on some long balls. So much for those elite receivers and that top 3 receiver that we supposedly have.
    It's not an excuse. It's the truth

not having woodyard is the problem. being forced to use champ as a 1 on 1 corner is a problem. high expectations for VON is a problem.
    not playing a deep safety is a problem. JDR must be part of the solution or he will be paRT OF THE PROBLEM.

The problem is the Broncos INABILITY to get pressure on the opposing QB. Same story different season. He is the Def Coordinator, so he is part of the problem.

Football has so many moving pieces I don't think you can just diagnose it this simply

If you're looking to point blame you can start with Von Miller. I'm sure JDR's vision of this defense hinges on guys like Von and Champ to be playing. Thank god for DRC
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I respect your post dizzolve, i do completely agree that it's much more than a simple problem. But i think the def problems largely are due to lack of pressure. DB's cannot be expected to cover tight for 7+ seconds on virtually every snap. Given the talent @ the WR position in the NFL, your big guys upfront HAVE to get pressure and hit the opposing QB, making them have to make quick decisions. Thats how turnovers happen. It's been a problem in Denver for years, and it's still clearly the problem. Von or no Von, Champ or no Champ. Pressure in the NFL is paramount. DCR has been stout, can't say so much for the rest of the secondary.

Ronnie Hillman

I think it's time for Denver to make peace with the fact that Ronnie Hillman was a wasted draft pick. Running backs who can't hang on to the ball cannot play in the NFL. The guy does not need to be in the lineup.

Peyton didnt lose this game

Too many mistakes, too many turnovers, no offensive line no defensve line, all around bad coaching too many penalties. Peyton almost made up for a bad team like he always does. Feel sorry for him. He's never had the people around him to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    I think it's time for Denver to make peace with the fact that Ronnie Hillman was a wasted draft pick. Running backs who can't hang on to the ball cannot play in the NFL. The guy does not need to be in the lineup.
    We have Moreno who is reliable but average, Ronnie who has nothing but speed, and Ball. How is Jahvid Best's recovery going?

I couldn't agree more.

The Broncos started out hot, but the last few weeks have opened my eyes. They don't seem to be anything more than a clone of all those Colts squads that Manning had to carry. What a shame. I will say, though, that the injuries have absolutely killed us this year.

Dumb play by Big Vick - but they've been knocking Manning down late a lot tonite themselves without getting flagged.

I truly am losing faith in NFL officiating. There is zero consistency anymore.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Hell, it might not hurt to give the guy a call.

He couldn't be any worse.