Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wild card team

Quote Originally Posted by peytonsforehead View Post
    Good luck with the 5 seed. So much for that 19-0 season lmao.

The exact blueprint I laid out, the Colts used. Let me guess "We just want a SB." Teams that give up 39 points and 48 points in 2 out of 3 games don't get to SBs, let alone win them.

Btw, this is the first good team you played and you lost. Ravens aren't a good team...they're 3-4.
    Ummm one of those was a win. Also, not to let facts get in the way or anything, but the last two super bowl winners sported 10-6 and 9-7 records-respectively. Not to mention the Giants gave up 34, 36, 38, and 49 points in losses....AND STILL WON THE SUPER BOWL.

The Ravens gave up 34 and 43 points in LOSSES and still one the Super Bowl. One game doesn't define the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Ummm one of those was a win. Also, not to let facts get in the way or anything, but the last two super bowl winners sported 10-6 and 9-7 records-respectively. Not to mention the Giants gave up 34, 36, 38, and 49 points in losses....AND STILL WON THE SUPER BOWL.

The Ravens gave up 34 and 43 points in LOSSES and still one the Super Bowl. One game doesn't define the season.
    It does if you're only going to be here for a week to run your mouth and then leave *cough*OP*cough*

Hey junior, I'll be here until the end of the year to listen to the whining, excuse-making, and finger-pointing after you guys have another one and done and Peyton has that nervous playoff look again like he did last night. Before you talk about my team, we won the SB 4 years ago, your team hasn't won since the 90s.

Before you talk about my team, we won the SB 4 years ago, your team hasn't won since the 90s.
    You missed the playoffs LAST YEAR. And if we're going to live in the past, why is 4 years the cutoff? Is it because your team's history is one mired in failure as a perennial bottom feeder? Sorry bud, one anomalous season doesn't erase the half century plus of sucktitude.

And I'll believe you're going to stick around when I see it. Until then you're guilty until proven innocent of being a fairweather gum bumper.

Oh trust me, I'll be here. Playoff Manning face, the cold weather, first round exit...it's must watch TV for anyone who isn't a fan of his and is sick of the overexposure.

Oh trust me, I'll be here. Playoff Manning face, the cold weather, first round exit...it's must watch TV for anyone who isn't a fan of his and is sick of the overexposure.
    You're sick, that's for sure lol

You're so sick of it you actively go out and join the message board of the team he's on just to whine about it.

If you ask me, I think you can't get enough Manning. I bet whenever you see something about him on the net, or see him on the TV you turn it up and tune in.

Yeah, you're the definition of sick lol

I don't even watch ESPN or NFL network because of the overexposure. I even admit he's great despite his playoff/big-game struggles, but imagine if it were Brady that was getting as much attention as Peyton? You have an avatar of him as it is...imagine if you were watching a Ravens/Steelers game - for example - and Dan Dierdorf out of the blue said "Boy, I'd love to just sit down and have a conversation about football with Tom Brady" and sounding like a kid on Christmas. You'd get sick of it too. (The above story is true btw except for the team's played, I forget which teams they were, and it was Manning, not Brady.)

Brees, Rodgers, Brady get talked about, but nowhere as much as Manning, and they are all just as good and have as many rings or more than him and the stats too, minus this year for Brady.

Even the poster ERoyal on here who disagrees with me on most things said the exposure is "ridiculous."

At times it is, but heading into that game, what were they supposed to say?

It was one of the most hyped regular season games of all-time.

And they talk about Brady plenty, hell someone brought up whose having a better season between the two which is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

Manning puts up more than 6 and 13 points even with those teams.

NE has won in SPITE of Brady most of the year, hes been average, this with the best OL in football to give him 5-6 seconds every play to throw.

Brady basically targeted Gronk every play he was in the game.

I don't even watch ESPN or NFL network because of the overexposure. I even admit he's great despite his playoff/big-game struggles, but imagine if it were Brady that was getting as much attention as Peyton? You have an avatar of him as it is...imagine if you were watching a Ravens/Steelers game - for example - and Dan Dierdorf out of the blue said "Boy, I'd love to just sit down and have a conversation about football with Tom Brady" and sounding like a kid on Christmas. You'd get sick of it too. (The above story is true btw except for the team's played, I forget which teams they were, and it was Manning, not Brady.)

Brees, Rodgers, Brady get talked about, but nowhere as much as Manning, and they are all just as good and have as many rings or more than him and the stats too, minus this year for Brady.

Even the poster ERoyal on here who disagrees with me on most things said the exposure is "ridiculous."
    Honestly, it doesn't bother me. They do it every year with somebody. I don't get my panties in a twist if someone on TV talks about someone. I really don't. Dierdorf was probably told to bring up Manning by the Producers. You know those things they wear in their ear? They are told what to talk about bud. Quit being a naive child. You're watching a product. A product that they never stop selling.

Get over it.

Seriously, anyone that is actually, legitimately bothered by this needs to get a more diversified set of extracurricular activities. Sniveling about it like a frickin little girl makes you sound really pathetic.

"Boo hoo hoo, they talk about Manning a lot on TV so I'm gunna get on the Broncos MB and complain about it, and how much I hate hearing about Manning, so clearly going to that teams website is gunna help"

So, are you just looking for a reason to complain, and for people to complain to or what? You can pay people to listen to your problems you know... We don't particularly care however.

It was the same thing with the Tebow "haters" that just couldn't STAND hearing about Tebow all the time, so all they ever did was talk about Tebow

It's clearly neurotic behavior.
    Last edited by kishzilla; 10-22-2013 at 12:08 AM.

I've only seen the Falcons game, the game they played us, and the Jets game yesterday, and Brady isn't his usual self. From what I've seen, some of it is getting used to new receivers and being out of sync with them, some of it is dropped passes, some of it is bad O-line play this year...he's getting sacked like crazy with no time to throw. I think a couple people on the O-line are injured, but even when he has time, he's missing throws he usually makes.

In the Falcons game he looked like vintage Brady and the last drive against us, but the first 59 minutes against us and yesterday's game, he looked like a sub-par QB. The good news for them is Gronk is back and looks close to 100 percent so that should help him.

I don't think Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers would fare much better, at the moment anyway, with his current receivers. 3 or 4 of them are late drafted/undrafted rookies.

Peyton was bailed out yesterday by a lot of really, really good catches by Decker, Thomas, and Welker. He's never been known to throw a perfect spiral, but when even Colinsworth and Michaels are calling them "ducks" you know he's off.

One of his throws in particular, he threw on the run and literally lunged it up for grabs with two defenders around and Decker made a great catch. His 3rd TD (I think it was the 3rd one) was an absolute wobbler.

So I don't think he'd be doing any better with Brady's receivers. I'd be so pissed if Loomis and Payton took away all of Brees's targets lol.

Outside of Welker, who did they take away?

Their FO decided they wanted Amendola over Welker.

They released Lloyd.

Hernandez was his own fault for being an idiot.

Gronk had some surgeries and looked great vs the Jets.

Oh, i dont care if the media or during other games they talk about different QB's, it is what it is.

I havent seen all their games but there are many times where Brady has a clean pocket and 5-6+ seconds to throw.

It would be poetic justice if we did go in as a wildcard and win it all this year (think 97) and then followed it up with a dominating SB run and let manning/champ ride off into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Dude aint even a KC fan. He's supposedly a saints idiot that can't help but swing from Mannings jock like the second coming of Tarzan. Pretty sad really.
    Can't stop laughing at that. The smack section may be dead, but your smack is usually funny.

Speaking of which this thread is an example of why the smack section is dead. The OP smack is always terrible.
    Yeah Denver lost....by 6 points. Did you take into account that Peyton was hurt? Decker was hurt? Welker was hurt? Hillman put the ball on the ground in a game changing moment, that's why now CJ is getting a shot. What about Denver's defense that is banged up in the secondary, just got back the pass rusher whom may be rusty, and is missing the leader Wesley Woodyard.

If healthy, I'd reckon Denver would win round 2 vs the Colts, would blow out the Saints, blow out the Chiefs in Denver at least. 1st seed isn't out of grasp for this team. So hold your tongue until the final snap of the season.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It would be poetic justice if we did go in as a wildcard and win it all this year (think 97) and then followed it up with a dominating SB run and let manning/champ ride off into the sunset.
    I guess you can always fantasize, right? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Can't stop laughing at that. The smack section may be dead, but your smack is usually funny.

Speaking of which this thread is an example of why the smack section is dead. The OP smack is always terrible.
    Yeah Denver lost....by 6 points. Did you take into account that Peyton was hurt? Decker was hurt? Welker was hurt? Hillman put the ball on the ground in a game changing moment, that's why now CJ is getting a shot. What about Denver's defense that is banged up in the secondary, just got back the pass rusher whom may be rusty, and is missing the leader Wesley Woodyard.

If healthy, I'd reckon Denver would win round 2 vs the Colts, would blow out the Saints, blow out the Chiefs in Denver at least. 1st seed isn't out of grasp for this team. So hold your tongue until the final snap of the season.
    The injury excuse lmao. Excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

When Manning does his usual one and out playoff thing, injuries are going to be the excuse this time? lmao.