Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Wild card team

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsforehead View Post
    I guess you can always fantasize, right? :-)
    Just like the Saints

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsforehead View Post
    The injury excuse lmao. Excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

    When Manning does his usual one and out playoff thing, injuries are going to be the excuse this time? lmao.
    ANd say he doesn't, you'll be nowhere to be found.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Just like the Saints
    Even if we don't win it all this year - like I said the Seahawks and 49ers will be tough outs - I've seen my team win this millennium and decade. Broncos last won around the time Seinfeld was still on the air. Kind of like when Patriot fans talk about "3 rings" that they won 10 years ago...but at least those, to their credit, were this millennium and they've been to the big game 2 other times. Broncos haven't been relevant in the playoffs since the Elway era. And John Elway, Peyton Manning is not. Just look at the Elway vs. Manning threads started by Broncos fans. Most would take Elway because of the clutch factor.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsforehead View Post
    Even if we don't win it all this year - like I said the Seahawks and 49ers will be tough outs - I've seen my team win this millennium and decade. Broncos last won around the time Seinfeld was still on the air. Kind of like when Patriot fans talk about "3 rings" that they won 10 years ago...but at least those, to their credit, were this millennium and they've been to the big game 2 other times. Broncos haven't been relevant in the playoffs since the Elway era. And John Elway, Peyton Manning is not. Just look at the Elway vs. Manning threads started by Broncos fans. Most would take Elway because of the clutch factor.
    That's no discredit to Manning, Elway was clutch as hell.

    You aren't wrong on most of the rest though.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    88
    The three best QBs I've seen in my lifetime are Montana, Elway, and Brady, and that's because with the game on the line, you know more often than not they're going to come through. Manning, Marino, Favre, Tarkenton, Young, Aikman, Brees, et al are all great QBs and all time greats, but if I need to win one game, I'm choosing Montana and if I can't have Montana, I'm taking Elway or Brady.

    That's the thing, I admit Peyton's great...like I've said, I just don't like the hype and prefer athletes that thrive in the clutch. You guys had one of the great clutch athletes of all time in Elway. Even before he won a SB, he single handedly carried 3 times to SBs that had no business being there...had "The Drive" etc.. Peyton has that "nervous playoff look" in big games as I heard a Colts fan describe it once.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Outside of Welker, who did they take away?

    Their FO decided they wanted Amendola over Welker.

    They released Lloyd.

    Hernandez was his own fault for being an idiot.

    Gronk had some surgeries and looked great vs the Jets.

    Oh, i dont care if the media or during other games they talk about different QB's, it is what it is.

    I havent seen all their games but there are many times where Brady has a clean pocket and 5-6+ seconds to throw.
    As you have been told several times, Brady is the 5th most sacked QB in the league. The Oline has played terribly this year. Not sure why you continue to claim he has anywhere near the best Oline in the league.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsforehead View Post
    The three best QBs I've seen in my lifetime are Montana, Elway, and Brady, and that's because with the game on the line, you know more often than not they're going to come through. Manning, Marino, Favre, Tarkenton, Young, Aikman, Brees, et al are all great QBs and all time greats, but if I need to win one game, I'm choosing Montana and if I can't have Montana, I'm taking Elway or Brady.

    That's the thing, I admit Peyton's great...like I've said, I just don't like the hype and prefer athletes that thrive in the clutch. You guys had one of the great clutch athletes of all time in Elway. Even before he won a SB, he single handedly carried 3 times to SBs that had no business being there...had "The Drive" etc.. Peyton has that "nervous playoff look" in big games as I heard a Colts fan describe it once.
    Patriots fans know that look all too well, and we love it! Colts fans are now finally able to enjoy the Manning face.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
    Patriots fans know that look all too well, and we love it! Colts fans are now finally able to enjoy the Manning face.
    Brady hasnt exactly been great in the playoffs post-06, so it goes both ways.

    13 points at home?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
    As you have been told several times, Brady is the 5th most sacked QB in the league. The Oline has played terribly this year. Not sure why you continue to claim he has anywhere near the best Oline in the league.
    I'm not sure what it is, i've seen a lot of their games, he has a clean pocket with 5-6+ seconds to throw most of the time.

    So im not sure.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I'm not sure what it is, i've seen a lot of their games, he has a clean pocket with 5-6+ seconds to throw most of the time.

    So im not sure.
    It's not most of the time. The oline played fairly well in the 4th quarter of the Jets game and Brady led the team to a game tying FG. But he has been hit, sacked, or hurried all season long.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsforehead View Post
    The three best QBs I've seen in my lifetime are Montana, Elway, and Brady, and that's because with the game on the line, you know more often than not they're going to come through. Manning, Marino, Favre, Tarkenton, Young, Aikman, Brees, et al are all great QBs and all time greats, but if I need to win one game, I'm choosing Montana and if I can't have Montana, I'm taking Elway or Brady.

    That's the thing, I admit Peyton's great...like I've said, I just don't like the hype and prefer athletes that thrive in the clutch. You guys had one of the great clutch athletes of all time in Elway. Even before he won a SB, he single handedly carried 3 times to SBs that had no business being there...had "The Drive" etc.. Peyton has that "nervous playoff look" in big games as I heard a Colts fan describe it once.
    Manning still has 2-3 more years left so let's not criticize some ones career until its over because it's very possible Manning can win at least one more Super Bowl. Elway won his superbowls in the final 2 years of his career and before that, people used to say "Elway can't win the big one". Elway shut them all up and Manning could easily do the same. Manning probably has the best overall team he's ever had here in Denver so his careers not over at all
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    569
    It's funny how we lose one game and every one writes us off
    Not to mention the trolls and Pat fans who come out of the wood work
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by orangebarrel View Post
    It's funny how we lose one game and every one writes us off
    Not to mention the trolls and Pat fans who come out of the wood work
    Not writing Denver off, but it is a little concerning when an average at best San Diego defense holds the Colts to nine points the week before but the Broncos surrender 39.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
    Not writing Denver off, but it is a little concerning when an average at best San Diego defense holds the Colts to nine points the week before but the Broncos surrender 39.
    @ differences I can thionk of right off the bat..one game the Colts were at home and the other on the road..the other is our defense didn't hand them 39 our turnovers and special teams played a huge roll in that. Our defense actually played well in that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    @ differences I can thionk of right off the bat..one game the Colts were at home and the other on the road..the other is our defense didn't hand them 39 our turnovers and special teams played a huge roll in that. Our defense actually played well in that game.
    No the reason is San Diego had multiple long drives that kept the ball out of Luck's hands. The Colt's D was getting beat up all night long. Even Matthews was running all over them. 22 carries for 102 yds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •