Page 1 of 164 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Week 8: 2013 Redskins vs Broncos

Greetings Bronco Fans.

I know some of us are still trying to get over last weeks stumble.
    I've said before the Broncos have the most likely chance to be the team that can beat the Broncos. A safety, Int deep in our territory, fumble deep in our territory and a Hillman fumble going into the Colts endzone. Again why was he in there? We had a number of bad plays, We couldn't block at all, We could not open great running lanes. We could not play Broncos football until the final minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Now we have to regroup, we are going to have a killer schedule on the back half, so we need to finish our first half strong against the Redskins who have started to show signs of life the last few weeks.

So how do we do in Week 8 games? We are 4-6 in the last 10 years. ( Only slightly better than weeks 7 record of losing 10 out of 11.) Of the 4 wins 3 were on the road, one at home. Of the 6 losses, 3 were home and 3 were away.

Against the Skins the Broncos have played 11 times. We have a 6-5 Edge. Playing them at home we are 4-2.

I have some what a fondness fpr the skins. They made the trade to give us Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis. I think that worked out well for us. They have a great coach in Shannahan. He might have lost some luster in recent years, but he did some great things in Denver and I hope the fan base gives him the respectful greeting he deserves. My favorite memory of the Skins though is Rod Smith hauling in his first TD catch, a bomb from Elway in the closing seconds of the game. It was a thing of beauty.

That being said, I want the scoreboard to light up like a Christmas tree tomorrow. We need to kick butt and screw taking names. We need to get back on track, cuz we still have 5 division games to get ready for and a date with the Pats.

Win Lose or Draw it should be a tough game. As always please follow the COC, report any violations to the Mod Staff so they may respond. Let's hope we stay healthy and end the day with a "W" GO BRONCOS
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Go Broncos !!!

STOMP THE shananigans !!!

GO "D" --- SACK rg iii !!!

Go 12th Man !
    Rock the House !!!

Denver 44
    wash 13

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Welcome back Shanny !!!

From Game Day Preview!

BRONCOS HOST REDSKINS
    - Coming off their first loss of the season in a 39-33 setback to the Indianapolis Colts last week, the Denver Broncos (6-1) will host the Washington Redskins (2-4) and former Head Coach Mike Shanahan on Sunday.
    - Broncos Owner & CEO Pat Bowlen is in his 30th season with the club and needs just two victories to become the first owner in professional football history to reach 300 overall wins in a three-decade span.
    - The Broncos are the first team in NFL history to have four players totaling at least 35 receptions through seven games.
    - The Broncos rank first in the NFL in run defense (77.1 ypg) and have allowed the second-fewest yards per rush (3.3) in the league through seven games.

GAME DAY DETAILS - Denver time
    The game will broadcast on KDVR-TV (FOX 31), KOA (850 AM)/The Fox (103.5 FM)
    National Anthem: Leah Shafer
    Color Guard: 6 Groups – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Fire, and Coast Guard
    TIMELINE OF EVENTS
    2:01 – Players leave the field
    2:03 – Stampede/Broncos fight song
    2:05 – Bailey’s Moving and Storage Game Ball Delivery
    2:07 – Thunderstorm
    2:10 – Parade of Colors
    2:14 – Redskins Introductions
    2:16 – Broncos Introductions
    2:18 - National Anthem
    2:23 – Coin Toss Presentation
    2:25 – Kickoff
    •Half-time Entertainment: Denver Broncos Cheerleaders
    Complimentary Broncos GameDay Magazines (to first 45,000 fans) will be available for Sports Authority Field at Mile High patrons to pick-up at all stadium entrances upon entry.

Go Broncos!
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Go Broncos!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

In the words of Bart Scott...

CAN'T WAIT!

It's going to be a fun time in our home tomorrow. My team VS Hubby's (I thought it was going to be Daughter VS Daughter, too but I must have seen the schedule wrong at the beginning of the season).

I hope it's a good game. Good reffing. No injuries.

I'll be nice to hubby. I'll just smile a lot.

Go Broncos!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Bounce back week ladies and gents....GO BRONCOS!!!

Good luck tomorrow. Injury wise that is. Lol. Want you guys to stay healthy so when the chiefs play we're both healthy. And i predict you besting the skins but i think it will be closer game with high scoring. Il sayy you win within 7 Points.

Welcome back Shanny!! But, we gotta beat you this week!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

With Woodyard back and Von knocking some rust off last week I think we will see a much improved D. I think our guys will be fired up, as will the fans after last weeks loss. I say Broncos win 45-20

AT least we won't have to worry about Hillman fumbling tomorrow, since he is not playing

Heres to a dominating game on D and O. No retro socks since our loss last week was the first loss in the regular season while wearing them.

No more injuries and a nice W going into the bye anticipating getting OUR division back.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Will be at the game (2nd one this year)!

Go broncos!

Please no injuries also!

Welcome back, Mike Shanahan! Thanks for all you did here, but...

GO BRONCOS!!!