Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Drc

Taking points off the board for showboating is the dumbest penalty I have ever heard

Taunting in no way gives the scoring team some sort of unfair advantage or cause harm to anyone(the whole point of penalties in the first place)

Give them an unsportsmanlike 15 yarder to be assessed after the play
    But if they actually start calling plays back it will be just one more thing to screw team's over for points they earned

Gratz DRC!! Well deserved man!!

Cbs gets burned allot in today's NFL...wish people would understand that more. The good ones make their plays too and DRC has been a good find for us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It's good to see us getting recognition for D these days. With a healthy Woody, and Von getting back into the thick of things, I see steady improvement on that side of the line.......very complementary to an outstanding O!!!
    Yea our depth got a little experience and now that our starters back I think this defense is very strong.

It is not by chance that now that Von is back others are making plays. Before offenses could double team key areas to get the play executed...now they need to account for Von which allows others to beat one on ones.

I expect different players to keep stepping up as the defense gets more and more comfortable together...and we really still have not seen Von take over a game like he can. He made more plays against Wash then Indy but we all know he is capable of more.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Agree they are paid to entertain us the Fans right well I am more than sure DRC earned his $$ with that awesome pick 6 and I was for sure entertained

OH BTW PrimeTime eat your heart out!! Hope you enjoyed that awesome tribute to you from DRC

They're paid to entertain us. To me that was entertaining. The guy just exudes confidence nothing wrong with that.

Now if he got tackled or dropped the ball I'd be pissed but he scored so that doesn't really matter.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
    Taking points off the board for showboating is the dumbest penalty I have ever heard

Taunting in no way gives the scoring team some sort of unfair advantage or cause harm to anyone(the whole point of penalties in the first place)

Give them an unsportsmanlike 15 yarder to be assessed after the play
    But if they actually start calling plays back it will be just one more thing to screw team's over for points they earned
    I agree with you (as well as others) regarding this topic. Like you said, fine or penalize them. Taking scores off the board is just too much.

To be honest, I didn't really like it.

And if it was an opposing player doing that to us, I'm sure we'd all be complaining of how non-professional and tacky showboating your way to the end zone is.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    This is so stupid. Fine the guys, penalize the guys, but don't take the score off the board. That is idiotic. That sways the game in one HUGE direction. It would be stupid if we had a TD called back, it would be stupid if our opponent had a TD called back, it's stupid all around. They are professional players, this ain't pop warner or college ball, these guys are paid to make plays and entertain, let them do that and if they go over the top take it out of their pockets, not off the scoreboard.
    But that's just it: they are professionals. They should act professional. They have been there before. In pee wee leagues and college, (most of the time) they aren't getting paid. They are playing just because they love to do it, and you only get one run before you literally age out and can never go back. There's only one Senior season, etc. Hence the high emotions in college football where crowds run out onto the field; or when players cry after not winning a conference championship because there aren't any playoffs.

I don't think they should take the TD away - that's asinine - but the player should be able to celebrate in a way that suggests he's doing his job, and he's been there before. To echo what Peerless said, most of you would all be whining if a player on an opposing team did the same thing. We'd hear: "[insert player] is classless...just like his fans!! They should take the TD away and fine him!"
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 10-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    They're paid to entertain us. To me that was entertaining. The guy just exudes confidence nothing wrong with that.

Now if he got tackled or dropped the ball I'd be pissed but he scored so that doesn't really matter.

I hear what you're saying and if you are privileged enough to make it to the NFL, more power to you- do what you want I guess. IMO selfish celebrations and lack of focus eventually lead to mistakes.

That being said, DRC has been a huge FA signing for us and I hope it turns into a long term situation but I can't help but see a glimpse of the old, underachieving and immature version who got cut in Philly. You picked off and outran the backup QB for the Redskins. While I understand (per his words) that he hasn't gotten his hands on a ball in a while, please conduct yourself with some dignity/class/whatever you want to call it. DRC has clearly shown he's got what it takes to be a No.1/shutdown corner in the NFL but his motivation and maturity have been called into question in the past. Which DRC do he want to be?

Lastly, how would you react if your child did that playing football? Would you praise them or teach some humility and preach respect for the game?

Either way, not a huge deal but it did give some insight regarding intangibles IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    To be honest, I didn't really like it.

And if it was an opposing player doing that to us, I'm sure we'd all be complaining of how non-professional and tacky showboating your way to the end zone is.
    Exactly. And it was the back up QB that was picked and giving chase. The back up QB- really DRC? Really???

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by 91bronco View Post
    I hear what you're saying and if you are privileged enough to make it to the NFL, more power to you- do what you want I guess. IMO selfish celebrations and lack of focus eventually lead to mistakes.

That being said, DRC has been a huge FA signing for us and I hope it turns into a long term situation but I can't help but see a glimpse of the old, underachieving and immature version who got cut in Philly. You picked off and outran the backup QB for the Redskins. While I understand (per his words) that he hasn't gotten his hands on a ball in a while, please conduct yourself with some dignity/class/whatever you want to call it. DRC has clearly shown he's got what it takes to be a No.1/shutdown corner in the NFL but his motivation and maturity have been called into question in the past. Which DRC do he want to be?

Lastly, how would you react if your child did that playing football? Would you praise them or teach some humility and preach respect for the game?

Either way, not a huge deal but it did give some insight regarding intangibles IMO....
    Drc never got to high step in Philly, he did in Arizona though. He looks more like the uber talented yet mildly inconsistent corner he was in Arizona.

Listen Fans DRC is playing a game and having fun and helping our Team win.....The high stepping for the TD was awesome and if he can do it again for another score I am all for it because as of this very second the NFL is not called the NO FUN LEAGUE as of yet and as a Fan I do not want the NFL to go to that motto by taking away the Fun

Awesome Job D.R.C......

I kinda liked it, Deion Sanders' ish ? We haven't had enough Pick 6's to really worry about it to much?

I hope to see it a couple more times this year!