Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thanks for The Memories Champ (not retired)

Let me start by saying how much I've loved Champ over his years as a Bronco, but the writing is on the wall. I have to say it ... time to hang up the cleats.

Our secondary has it down and really made it work yesterday. Their determination to get it done prevailed and the monster the defense was last year has awoken.

Harris, Moore, Carter (when he's healthy) Adams, DRC and one of the most ferocious pass rushing front lines has been released. I have no doubt it's time to steam roll baby and they will!

What mistakes have I made here?

You're gonna get hammered for this. We had a good defensive performance yesterday but lets not over react. I hope and think they will do well though.

Also I don't think Champ should hang it up. He shouldn't be on number 1 WR anymore or WR who are burners. But he can def still play.

Take a step back sure DRC should be our #1 but hang up the cleats?? Heck no he still has a lot to offer to this team

Its obvious Champ's coverage skills have diminished by age and injuries but he's still a serviceable corner that is better than a lot of #2 corners on other rosters. I don't think its "time to hang up the cleats" yet. Let him heal fully heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncozoidical View Post
    Let me start by saying how much I've loved Champ over his years as a Bronco, but the writing is on the wall. I have to say it ... time to hang up the cleats.

Our secondary has it down and really made it work yesterday. Their determination to get it done prevailed and the monster the defense was last year has awoken.

Harris, Moore, Carter (when he's healthy) Adams, DRC and one of the most ferocious pass rushing front lines has been released. I have no doubt it's time to steam roll baby and they will!

remember this when Champ seals a playoff deal with a pick or crucial pass defense. he just ha not been healthy this year and it has hampered him, but is he done? nope, not really at all.

Thanks for giving me a heart attack. I thought Champ got traded or something.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Quote Originally Posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
    You're gonna get hammered for this. We had a good defensive performance yesterday but lets not over react. I hope and think they will do well though.

Also I don't think Champ should hang it up. He shouldn't be on number 1 WR anymore or WR who are burners. But he can def still play.
    I agree with you, keep him off the speedy guys & the # 1s. If he comes back healthy, he will definitely help this secondary.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sheriff18 View Post

You mean like this??

Kk joke over but I will agree with what others have said. I think Champ has slowed a bit but you cannot replace his experience and knowledge of the game. As long as he is physically able to play and wants to I would love to have him on the field for this team.

Carter (when he's healthy):
    I loled for a minute then realized you weren't kidding and quit reading. The guy is god awful this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Almost had a heart attack and didn't want to open the thread. Definitely it's not time. He needs to sit out until completely healthy.

I want him to get a SB with the Broncos more than anyone. If we get it this year he probably retires.

I think this is his last year in Denver due to cap reasons but he'll play when he returns.

He shouldnt be on burners, thats what DRC is for.

Is champ as good as he once was?... Of course not. Is our team better with him than without him?... Absolutely. He brings depth and leadership to the secondary, and we need both. Now this will be a different discussion during the off season when we are talking about the cap, but if he can play this year... I want him on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos1997 View Post
    Thanks for giving me a heart attack. I thought Champ got traded or something.
    Ya me too, I thought his injury was worst then first reported and he was going to retire or something.

The D played great yesterday. It will be even better when we get a healthy Champ out there. I say dont rush him, let him come around slowly so he is a full go come playoff time.

Good thing nobody told PFM that.

Anythng to start a thread I guess. I dont expect champ to play anymore this year - or if he does it s going to be Post season.

He will be here next year. I swear some guys on here see one injury, make a couple bad plays or games and your ready to retire, trade, or bench them.
    Last edited by sstoner; 10-28-2013 at 03:51 PM.

I think he will have to restructure to stay tho. That 10mil price tag is a lot to keep him here. He has earned every dime but that is the business side of it.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich