View Poll Results: Who Called It?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I called it! I'm sick of sick of seeing Holliday granting teams extra possessions.

3 60.00%
  • I called it, but for some reason still want him returning punts.

2 40.00%
  • I had faith in him, but not anymore.

0 0%
  • I had faith in him, and still do.

0 0%
  • Who's Holliday?

0 0%
Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
    There is a handful of fans who do this all the time, not just Broncos fans. Some of my fellow Pats fans were doing it last night when we were down 24-0. They were claiming that Brady "no longer has it" even though those turnovers had nothing to do with him.
    I could hear the Pats fans booing during the game last night from the tv broadcast. That was sad to me as well.

Maybe since I'm a mom and have kids of my own, I see things differently. I often think of how I would feel if one of those players was my own son. I would like to see him shine, but I would also be there to give him words of encouragement when he didn't. And I understand that these are grown men we are talking about, but I've never met a man who wanted to be kicked when he was down.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It's so sad, because I made a note about our D in the first half, about how great they were playing. They looked like the Orange Crush of old! I wish they could have survived that 3rd Q a bit better, because that was what killed us. I think some offensive PIs were missed, allowing Gronk to gain space......illegally. Just one bad quarter for our entire team, and one ST miscue in OT.
    I don't put the blame on the players for the 3rd quarter. That was all on Del RIo. He got out coached and played not to lose in the 2nd half rather than staying aggressive. Even with DRC out, we should have stayed aggressive.

But this game is done and over. Time for me to move on. I'm just glad this isn't a night game in KC, so it should be a bit warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by SinePari View Post
    Eh...Hines Ward had DBs afraid of him b/c he was dirty and took cheap shots. I still think it's possible to be physical w/o being dirty (e.g., Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall do it all the time). Just box out (Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates also do this really well).

DT also seems to have problems with timing. There were at least two situations last night where it seemed as though DT would have caught a floater from Manning had he just timed the jump a tad later. He clearly had the height advantage over Talib and it seemed like Manning intentionally put passes up higher. However, Thomas just mistimed his jumps and in both cases it made it much harder for him to get both hands on the passes.
    Eh, his crackbacks were legal. He turned the hunters into the hunted.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

There is a handful of fans who do this all the time, not just Broncos fans. Some of my fellow Pats fans were doing it last night when we were down 24-0. They were claiming that Brady "no longer has it" even though those turnovers had nothing to do with him.
    As much as I dislike him, Tom Brady should have earned enough credit not to have Pats fans dog him like this after a bad half of football.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I'm I the only person who felt disrespected by the decision to take the wind and give us the ball in OT. When I heard the Pats choose the end to defend, people in the bar starting laughing saying that's much he fears Peyton. I was dazed and confused, like really???? I would expect the team to come out with a sense of pride and make him pay for it. In the end, we did exactly what they predicted and lost.
    I don't think it was disrespect or aarrogance. Belicheat was actually down there experiencing the weather firsthand. 22 F 6 windchill 20 mph winds. It is really friggin hard to throw against that, and to catch balls in that and hold onto balls. Both sides dropped passes and fumbled a lot last night. He may be a scumbag but he's a smart coach and he saw how the Broncos were playing with the wind in their faces and having them them throw, run and kick against the wind was not a bad strategic call under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    As much as I dislike him, Tom Brady should have earned enough credit not to have Pats fans dog him like this after a bad half of football.
    You would think. Happens every year though after a loss. Some even want him to be traded. I LOL every time at their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    Here's comprehensive analysis of that interception -- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...om-nfl-week-12

Looks like the Pats just called the perfect blitz/coverage combination to beat Peyton. Ironically, play-action is a big part of what caused this.
    Thanks for the link, like I said, the play-action actually would have made the "hot" route throw to Welker that much easier by drawing in the LBers towards the other side, if Welker did what he was supposed to do, break off his route! I am shocked that no one is talking about that. It is possible that he did not want to stop in the middle because he was supposed to clear out for Decker to come inside, but they should coordinate and Decker should see the blitz, recognize Welker is the hot and will sit on the inside, and thus change his route to clear to the outside. Decker would have seen the blitz because he should be looking in at the snap to know when to come off the line. Plus by breaking it outside and up against the CB, Decker might actually lure the Safety covering Welker to slide over and give Welker more room to operate on the "hot" route, and maybe if the blitz is picked up and Manning has time, if the Safety stays on Welker, Decker might be able to get a big gain down the sideline. Another play is if Manning recognized the blitz, the play to run on that was a WR screen to Decker, Welker coming across to block the DB, and the line going up to seal off the LBers and the Safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I don't think it was disrespect or aarrogance. Belicheat was actually down there experiencing the weather firsthand. 22 F 6 windchill 20 mph winds. It is really friggin hard to throw against that, and to catch balls in that and hold onto balls. Both sides dropped passes and fumbled a lot last night. He may be a scumbag but he's a smart coach and he saw how the Broncos were playing with the wind in their faces and having them them throw, run and kick against the wind was not a bad strategic call under those conditions.
    I agree, it wasn't anything but strategy for Belicheck, the thing was, he must have forgotten to tell his defense that was the plan because the Broncos almost ran it all the way down the field by just going up the middle every play.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between jumping ship on your team and being subjective and holding your team responsible. I'm just a fan, and this is a fan message board. All season I've had to argue with other fans calling our team choke artists, fans saying Peyton usually loses big games, he can't play in the cold, etc. As a diehard fan, I argue with these fans, and provide support for my arguments. I cannot respectably argue with this criticism after losing a 24 point lead. I'm not saying the season's over, Peyton's done or anything that foolish. I've said several times today, when are we going to admit our flaws and correct them. When do we admit our offense dinks and dunks, and stick to the multitude of formations and plays we ran earlier in the season. I saw very basic play calls last night. When will we stop letting players like Edelman, Justin Blackman, Terrance Williams catch over 150 yards on our defense. These are C level WRs that we make look like Calvin Johnson. I felt sick to my stomach last night. Sorry if shouting praise when we perform well, but calling out players, coaches and things I noticed comes off as being a ungrateful fan.

We were bullied and laughed at last night in the second half and it's driving me crazy. From daring Peyton to throw the ball over 8 yards to taking the wind and giving us the ball in OT.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 11-25-2013 at 12:56 PM.

To be fair there were a few teams this year that ran the ball well on us, including the Jets. You're talking about the 31st ranked run defense here.
    Didnt Carolina not run it well vs NE?

But im not sure if that was their gameplan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    This is a perfect example of the piss poor coaching we had last night...I don't care what the wind was like you have Peyton Manning....Grow a pair and start throwing the dang ball! If Tom Brady can do it so can Peyton Manning!

And the thing is, once they finally opened up the playbook he did fine!! It just awful coaching. they coached scared. only bright side from this game is that's two straight weeks without a hit to peyton's ankles. hopefully they make a bit of progress

The Last Two Super Bowl Winners: A Little Perspective

Last night's loss was just that -- one loss. As far as I know, you don't need to have an undefeated record in the regular season to make the play offs. In fact, that has only happened twice.

And the last two Super Bowl winners? Let's see who they lost to --

2011 New York Giants

Lost twice to the 4-12 Washington Redskins
    Lost to the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks
    Lost to the 13-3 San Francisco 49ers (later beat them in the playoffs)
    Lost to the 8-8 Philadelphia Eagles
    Lost to the 15-1 Green Bay Packers (later beat them in the playoffs)
    Lost to the 13-3 New Orleans Saints (got knocked out of the playoffs by the 49ers, who the Giants then beat)

All the playoff teams that beat them in the regular season? They got knocked out in the playoffs and the Giants were the ones lifting that championship trophy.

2012 Baltimore Ravens

Lost to the 4-12 Philadelphia Eagles
    Lost to the 12-4 Houston Texans (who were later knocked out of the playoffs by the Pats, who the Ravens then beat)
    Lost to the 8-8 Pittsburgh Steelers
    Lost to the 10-6 Washington Redskins (one and done in the playoffs)
    Lost to the 13-3 Denver Broncos (got blown out at home, later beat them in the playoffs at Mile High)
    Lost to the 10-6 Cincinatti Bengals (knocked out by the Texans, who got knocked out by the Pats, who got knocked out by Baltimore)

All the playoff teams that beat them in the regular season? They got knocked out in the playoffs and the Ravens were the ones lifting that championship trophy.

So what's the point of all this?

It doesn't matter what happens in the regular season as long as you can get to the playoffs. The last two winners barely made it in and then beat everyone they needed to once they were there -- including teams that beat them in the regular season. Neither one of them were favorites to even be in the Super Bowl, much less win it -- in fact, both were SB underdogs.

It doesn't matter. This team will make the playoffs. And that means they'll always have a shot.
    Last edited by Hanzo the Razor; 11-25-2013 at 01:08 PM.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between jumping ship on your team and being subjective and holding your team responsible. I'm just a fan, and this is a fan message board. All season I've to argue with other fans calling our team choke artists, fans saying Peyton usually loses big games, he can't play in the cold, etc. As a diehard fan, I argue with these fans, and provide support for my arguments. I cannot respectably argue with the criticism after losing a 24 point lead. I'm not saying the season's over, Peyton's done or anything that foolish. I've said several times today, when are we going to admit our flaws and correct them. When do we admit our offense dinks and dunks, and stick to the multitude of formations and plays we ran earlier in the season. I saw very basic play calls last night. When will stop letting players like Edelman, Justin Blackman, Terrance Williams catch over 150 yards on our defense. These are C level WRs that we make look like Calvin Johnson. I felt sick to my stomach last night. Sorry if shouting praise when we perform well, but calling out players, coaches and things I noticed comes off as being a ungrateful fan.
    Exactly... Fans respect the game and offer solutions to problems...

Like you say,,, We know whats wrong.

But wanting players cut and or traded or even threatening to boycott Broncos games is ridiculous..

Ironically, Peyton Manning's interception was from a play action pass. Without PA, the RB stays in the pocket, pass-blocks for Manning, and he doesn't have to throw it blind before being swallowed up by the blitz.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between jumping ship on your team and being subjective and holding your team responsible. I'm just a fan, and this is a fan message board. All season I've to argue with other fans calling our team choke artists, fans saying Peyton usually loses big games, he can't play in the cold, etc. As a diehard fan, I argue with these fans, and provide support for my arguments. I cannot respectably argue with the criticism after losing a 24 point lead. I'm not saying the season's over, Peyton's done or anything that foolish. I've said several times today, when are we going to admit our flaws and correct them. When do we admit our offense dinks and dunks, and stick to the multitude of formations and plays we ran earlier in the season. I saw very basic play calls last night. When will stop letting players like Edelman, Justin Blackman, Terrance Williams catch over 150 yards on our defense. These are C level WRs that we make look like Calvin Johnson. I felt sick to my stomach last night. Sorry if shouting praise when we perform well, but calling out players, coaches and things I noticed comes off as being a ungrateful fan.

We were punked last night in the second half and it's driving me crazy. From daring Peyton to throw to taking the wind and giving us the ball in OT.
    Your team is built very much like the Pats 2012 team. You have a finesse receiving corps which puts up impressive numbers against most teams, but when opposing teams get physical with your receivers it gives them fits. You have a good run D but your secondary is fairly weak.

I feel your frustration.