Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Did Our Receivers Let Us Down?

Does anyone else feel the way I do that our receivers were absolutely horrible and let the team down.

I think Eric Decker had 1 catch tonight

I think DT dropped more catches than he caught.

I think Welker dropped more than he caught.

Our receivers need to go to receiver camp to learn how to play the position. I do not know who our receiver coach is but they are not teaching the basics of playing the position. I am getting sick and tired of our receivers playing like little girls.

Granted Manning didn't look that great but when the pass hits the receiver in the hands and they cannot make the catch something is wrong.

Your thoughts.......

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Team loss from top to bottom. Patriots showed resilience and we showed a lack of it until it was too late.

This coaching staff has got to grow a pair.

I'm sick of seeing Deckerand Demaryius beg for the flag after every single throw they don't catch.

I'm absolutely sick of seeing Decker do it, specifically.

Tamme was the only one that showed up in the passing game today. DT had a lot of balls contested but still should have caught the majority of them.

It looks like everyone but the O-line and Moreno chose to have an off second half. Welker out of everyone should have been up for this game, but he dropped at least 4 passes and looking back only had 4 catches.

Granted, Manning was not at his best, but when he was hitting people in the hands, well, you've got to make those plays at the end of the game.

I really dont get what people are expecting from Decker. He is a #2 WR, and there is nothing wrong with that. He's made big plays before, but he doesnt everygame and gets ripped. People like to ignore his great blocking, and route running that gets other guys open. Geez this Decker hate is getting real old.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytea11 View Post
    Team loss from top to bottom. Patriots showed resilience and we showed a lack of it until it was too late.

This coaching staff has got to grow a pair.
    How can you say that. Our Defense accounted for 17 points in the game, and did everything thing they could and the offense stalled on almost every drive in the second half.

I am also disappointed that instead of putting our foot on their throat the coaches decided to start running the clock down at the start of the third period not ever trying to go deep and putting pressure on them to stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    It looks like everyone but the O-line and Moreno chose to have an off second half. Welker out of everyone should have been up for this game, but he dropped at least 4 passes and looking back only had 4 catches.

Granted, Manning was not at his best, but when he was hitting people in the hands, well, you've got to make those plays at the end of the game.
    They didn't do anything in the first half either.

Besides the the run blocking & Knowshon the whole O was a let down, Ball had some damn good plays but that fumble wiped all that out in my mind...
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    How can you say that. Our Defense accounted for 17 points in the game, and did everything thing they could and the offense stalled on almost every drive in the second half.

I am also disappointed that instead of putting our foot on their throat the coaches decided to start running the clock down at the start of the third period not ever trying to go deep and putting pressure on them to stop us.
    We didn't go deep because Manning can't go deep in the cold. Especially with that kind of wind

I'm done defending him in the cold like I was just doing to my brother this morning.

Brady had no problems with it second half when he had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I really dont get what people are expecting from Decker. He is a #2 WR, and there is nothing wrong with that. He's made big plays before, but he doesnt everygame and gets ripped. People like to ignore his great blocking, and route running that gets other guys open. Geez this Decker hate is getting real old.

I am not picking on Decker. With the exception of Tamme, they all were horrible tonight. It was like no one wanted to be there in the cold. I could have caught the ball better than they did tonight and I haven't played competitive ball in 30 years. When the ball hits you in the hand and you drop it there is NO excuse for a professional player.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We didn't go deep because Manning can't go deep in the cold. Especially with that kind of wind

I'm done defending him in the cold like I was just doing to my brother this morning.

Not quite the same. You provided a deceiving argument there. You spoke of Manning not throwing deep in the cold, and then said Brady had no problems with it. Brady never landed a deep pass. Not one.

He just needed to throw 6-7 yard crossing routes to Gronk and Edelman who were destroying Denver's linebackers. Really, once DRC went down, Denver had to change their coverage. Brady did NOTHING in the first half, but rolled after the injury to our best DB.

Manning's receivers dropped an awful lot of passes, and the one INT was just a phenomenal play by the defender. Both Ball and Anderson fumbled, resulting in one turnover and one wasted play, respectively. Denver was basically a first down away from attempting a game-winning kick, but those types of mistakes (including a Welker drop) wiped it out.

When you consider the game was completely tied, and Denver was moving the ball better than New England in OT, they had to take advantage of that last possession. Carter and Welker don't communicate and the ball dinks off a finger for the loss?

Lame...

Here's the thing, though: Denver has lost 2 nail-biters when making huge mistakes late in games. This isn't the playoffs yet, and they've been better in between. This game won't determine playoff seeding; the next one will. This is still up to Denver. They are still the best team in the AFC.

I can't say that i'm tired of our receivers or anything like that. It was about 6 degrees counting wind chill. I know that's no excuse but it's a fact and that can't make it easy for a receiver. I was extremely disappointed in them tonight I think they are the main reason we lost. I just feel like they are still probably the best receiving corp in the NFL especially when you count Julius Thomas. 25 mph winds along with that kind of temperature is absolutely ridiculous weather. This wasn't your average NFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

Manning seemed to be throwing it okay when he hit DT down the sidelines twice and DT dropped one and let the defender get position on him to knock it away on the second one. Why can't he do that more often during the game?

I'd say they need to watch some film on Calvin Johnson, love his aggressive, his willingness to jump and fight in the air for balls, taking on tackles when it counts instead of prancing out of bounds. How many more weapons do we need, 3 great WR, an up and coming TE, and legend at QB. I just feel as though we were out coached, and basically man handled tonight, Talib out played DT, Decker was no where, Welker was being knocked around like a pin ball. Moreno was the only one to step up and get it done. If not for the 17 points that our defense helped get, it would of been a blowout loss.

We just need to win the against KC next week, finish strong, and gear up for the playoffs and cross our fingers.