View Poll Results: Grade our performance

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    4 12.50%
  • B

    24 75.00%
  • C

    4 12.50%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 308
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    239
    Honeslty I'd rather see Caldwell than anyone else; big target, long arms & sure-handed. I hate seeing the little guys back there when 2-3 opposing guys are running full speed towards the PR guy, gimme someone who can catch the ball and take a hit & not fumble. Just my opinion.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    Seriously, I have to take my hat off to the Kansas City Chiefs. They lost these last three games but they were in each one and in the last two, scored a ton of points.

    My feeling after this game is that if the Chiefs land a couple receivers that can consistently catch the ball, they will be a scary, scary team. For all the game manager criticisms, I really feel Alex Smith can ball out when he needs to.
    Agreed. KC played pretty well the last 3 games, considering some injuries and what not, and didn't fall flat on their faces. While I am glad we got 2 W's over them, they're not an "easy pickings team" by any means.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,284
    Your question poses another question:

    At his point does T. Holiday justify a roster spot?

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    What the??!!?? Isn't that three years in a row?? How can the league justify that?
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Its actually 4 in a row at foxboro if u count the Playoff game with Tebow playing in 2011.I know that was not regular season but for a non divisional opponent it is quite a coincidence.Just a symbol of two strong franchises I guess.
    1. You can't claim the playoff game because they earned that. It wasn't scheduled by the NFL from day one.

    2. This is actually the year the NFL screwed us.

    The year with Tebow they played in Denver as due the year we played the AFC East.

    Last year we played up in Foxsboro as AFC west reigning champ against AFC east reigning champ.

    However the catch is this year. The AFC west champ should not have to travel to AFC east champ twice in a row. It should've swapped and we traveled to AFC north champ.

    However I don't think the NFL screwed that up either. Remember how we were supposed to travel to Ravens week 1? Because they were defending SB champs who always host week 1. However their idiot brethren from across the street (the Orioles) refused to reschedule a home baseball game to honor their football team. Meaning Baltimore got stuck traveling to Denver when they shouldn't have.

    My guess is that means NFL had to adjust and send us to Foxboro or else we would have 9 home games.

    Next year we are due in Foxboro when we play the AFC East again. A swap from hosting them in 2011. So that one actually makes sense.

    So while it appears the NFL is out to get us it's actually not the case when you dig into the details.

    It's just a very odd set of circumstances that worked in the Pats favor but not us or Baltimore.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    ^^ That is exactly what I said when it happened. If you're not going to blow the whistle then let a blocker do his job. If your going to call that as roughness then blow the GD whistle when Forward progress stops (AS SOON as it stops).

    Edit:
    I re-watched the play:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...yard-reception

    The whistle was blown literally right as the refs saw Ramirez make the very first contact in the pile. This occurred at about 4:00- 3:58 left in the quarter. The flag was thrown 1 second after that. We can add this one to the transparent officiating thread too.
    When the shot is widened, it's cool to see Manny notice what is going on and kick into his second gear to get to the pile. The refs need to show more sympathy for the big dudes who take a while to get going and more time to stop.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,614
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtofManning View Post
    Next year......Denver is at New England yet again.
    That is crap...3rd year in a row:

    2012- Week 5 @ NE
    2013- Week 12 @ NE
    2014- Week ? @ NE

    I just don't get it.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,614
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Your question poses another question:

    At his point does T. Holiday justify a roster spot?
    Yes. I have to disagree with the Caldwell post though. I though he was awful. In the past several games where he was brought in he dropped the only pass thrown his way. I think for me I'd rather have a speed guy who can make guys miss on the return rather than a bigger bodied guy who frankly is easier to catch and bring down.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,241
    Quote Originally Posted by southern cross View Post
    That little scale thingy tells me that I've given away too much Contributor Status over the last 24 hrs. If I had any left at all, you would definitely get some with this post!
    Thanks Southern Cross. I think he stepped in and stepped up.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    1. You can't claim the playoff game because they earned that. It wasn't scheduled by the NFL from day one.

    2. This is actually the year the NFL screwed us.

    The year with Tebow they played in Denver as due the year we played the AFC East.

    Last year we played up in Foxsboro as AFC west reigning champ against AFC east reigning champ.

    However the catch is this year. The AFC west champ should not have to travel to AFC east champ twice in a row. It should've swapped and we traveled to AFC north champ.

    However I don't think the NFL screwed that up either. Remember how we were supposed to travel to Ravens week 1? Because they were defending SB champs who always host week 1. However their idiot brethren from across the street (the Orioles) refused to reschedule a home baseball game to honor their football team. Meaning Baltimore got stuck traveling to Denver when they shouldn't have.

    My guess is that means NFL had to adjust and send us to Foxboro or else we would have 9 home games.

    Next year we are due in Foxboro when we play the AFC East again. A swap from hosting them in 2011. So that one actually makes sense.

    So while it appears the NFL is out to get us it's actually not the case when you dig into the details.

    It's just a very odd set of circumstances that worked in the Pats favor but not us or Baltimore.
    No, Denver was always supposed to play the Ravens IN Denver in 2013. If the Ravens has opened at home as they were supposed to, it would not have been against Denver.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    Great Job, JDR!!! Hopefully we can keep you for years to come.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecrushtime View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. JDR stepped up and got us through this but I think its pretty obvious he isn't fit to be a head coach. I'd prefer him over Fox and many others at d-cord and maybe he'll be a decent college coach but I think he can have a better career sticking to his guns.
    Why do you say that?

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    If we win the division in the next 2 years, we'll host NE in those 2 years, and the year after when we play the AFC East yet again.

    Manning may/probably wont be with Denver by then though....

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    1. You can't claim the playoff game because they earned that. It wasn't scheduled by the NFL from day one.

    2. This is actually the year the NFL screwed us.

    The year with Tebow they played in Denver as due the year we played the AFC East.

    Last year we played up in Foxsboro as AFC west reigning champ against AFC east reigning champ.

    However the catch is this year. The AFC west champ should not have to travel to AFC east champ twice in a row. It should've swapped and we traveled to AFC north champ.

    However I don't think the NFL screwed that up either. Remember how we were supposed to travel to Ravens week 1? Because they were defending SB champs who always host week 1. However their idiot brethren from across the street (the Orioles) refused to reschedule a home baseball game to honor their football team. Meaning Baltimore got stuck traveling to Denver when they shouldn't have.

    My guess is that means NFL had to adjust and send us to Foxboro or else we would have 9 home games.

    Next year we are due in Foxboro when we play the AFC East again. A swap from hosting them in 2011. So that one actually makes sense.

    So while it appears the NFL is out to get us it's actually not the case when you dig into the details.

    It's just a very odd set of circumstances that worked in the Pats favor but not us or Baltimore.
    What?!?!

    Denver was NEVER going to go to Baltimore.

    They would of probably hosted NE or Pitt if they got to open the year in Bal.

    And had to go to Den later on in the season.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tallahassee,Florida
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by GoManning View Post
    tumblr
    You see all that respect and admiration in the players cheering him on? That's the best part of this picture. Everyone knows what a good job he did stepping up when the broncos really needed someone.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,009
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    I agree totally re charles however with his type of workload you would think injuries/workload will slow him in later years.
    I would expect them to start spelling him more with Kniles Davis.

    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •