Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 111
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Brax and Hyde are better than Marshall and Mason. Also Braxton can do exactly what Franklin can plus some. Since D doesnt matter give me OSU and Meyer all day.
    I'll give you Miller over Marshall because Marshall isn't a great passer. But Hyde is not better than Tre Mason.

    He would need 350 yards and 9 TD's tonight to surpass Mason in both categories for the season. And against inferior competition.


    Ok just heard that Hyde missed the first three games. So very impressive year. I still say it's at least a wash though.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 12-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    If the Buckeyes come back and win tonight I'll give the fans on here props and say they deserve to go to the title game.

    But please don't make ignorant accusations about Auburn being the ones overrated and would get stomped.

    We just beat the #1 and #5 teams back to back weeks. Our defense may not be elite but the points we allowed today is only 1 point more than a terrible Michigan team scored on Ohio st a week ago. And that's the most we allowed all season.

    But the #1 and #5 teams had no answer for our running attack. And I seriously doubt OSU or FSU would either.

    If you want to say you could win a shoutout fine. But it's laughable to think we would get stomped. (I'll eat crow and CP everyone if we make it in and do get stomped)

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    If the Buckeyes come back and win tonight I'll give the fans on here props and say they deserve to go to the title game.

    But please don't make ignorant accusations about Auburn being the ones overrated and would get stomped.

    We just beat the #1 and #5 teams back to back weeks. Our defense may not be elite but the points we allowed today is only 1 point more than a terrible Michigan team scored on Ohio st a week ago. And that's the most we allowed all season.

    But the #1 and #5 teams had no answer for our running attack. And I seriously doubt OSU or FSU would either.

    If you want to say you could win a shoutout fine. But it's laughable to think we would get stomped. (I'll eat crow and CP everyone if we make it in and do get stomped)
    I never said that. I think Auburn is a good team, but their D played horrid today. I also talked about the fluke hail Mary against Georgia. But in all fairness you would crush us if we play like this.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    We have ourselves a tie ballgame. How about that. The Spartans need to tighten up.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I never said that. I think Auburn is a good team, but their D played horrid today. I also talked about the fluke hail Mary against Georgia. But in all fairness you would crush us if we play like this.
    Mainly referring to OrangeCrushs comments.

    And our D is still a work in progress under Ellis Johnson. We don't have a lot of depth because Chizik only recruited offense. But we put up a goose egg in the 4th when it mattered.


    But it looks like we won't find out what we can do against the top two teams.

    Looking like y'all are on your way to Pasadena. And not for the first bowl game.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    We have ourselves a tie ballgame. How about that. The Spartans need to tighten up.
    Their defense is vastly overrated. They keep bringing 5-6 guys and leaving no one to spy miller.

    Miller will eat that alive all night now that the nerves are gone.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Mainly referring to OrangeCrushs comments.

    And our D is still a work in progress under Ellis Johnson. We don't have a lot of depth because Chizik only recruited offense. But we put up a goose egg in the 4th when it mattered.


    But it looks like we won't find out what we can do against the top two teams.

    Looking like y'all are on your way to Pasadena. And not for the first bowl game.
    Long way to go.....
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Mainly referring to OrangeCrushs comments.

    And our D is still a work in progress under Ellis Johnson. We don't have a lot of depth because Chizik only recruited offense. But we put up a goose egg in the 4th when it mattered.


    But it looks like we won't find out what we can do against the top two teams.

    Looking like y'all are on your way to Pasadena. And not for the first bowl game.
    OSU has yet to allow a 100yd rusher. Give Urban time to prepare, and he wins. Also, Im not an OSU fan, just dont like SEC fanboys. Also what I meant is the combo of braxton and Hyde is better than the combo of mason and miller

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    OSU has yet to allow a 100yd rusher. Give Urban time to prepare, and he wins. Also, Im not an OSU fan, just dont like SEC fanboys. Also what I meant is the combo of braxton and Hyde is better than the combo of mason and miller
    Yeah we hear every week about how said defense doesn't allow this or that. Then they play us and we destroy their average.

    I'm not going to sit here and say Ohio st couldn't succeed in the SEC though they sure as hell wouldn't go undefeated. But I would be curious how successful Miller and Hyde would be in the SEC. Because Marshall and Mason success there. But I'll admit SEC defenses are way down this year.

    But even if you aren't a buckeyes fan anyone discussing Big 10 can't all the SEC overrated. Not until they stop getting destroyed by us in bowls every year.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    All of the passes behind the line of scrimmage by the Spartans is very irritating. I wish they would throw it down the field.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    All of the passes behind the line of scrimmage by the Spartans is very irritating. I wish they would throw it down the field.
    That's why Ohio st was able to adjust and change the game.

    They started bringing the house on those and either disrupting the pass or hitting the receiver immediately.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,982
    Urban is afraid to pass the ball. I'd rather go out trying, instead of playing conservative!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Urban is afraid to pass the ball. I'd rather go out trying, instead of playing conservative!
    You sound pessimistic as me when watching your team.

    By the way Auburn wins very week passing 11 times or less.

    Passing is overrated in college. Not many teams can slow the read option anymore.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah we hear every week about how said defense doesn't allow this or that. Then they play us and we destroy their average.

    I'm not going to sit here and say Ohio st couldn't succeed in the SEC though they sure as hell wouldn't go undefeated. But I would be curious how successful Miller and Hyde would be in the SEC. Because Marshall and Mason success there. But I'll admit SEC defenses are way down this year.

    But even if you aren't a buckeyes fan anyone discussing Big 10 can't all the SEC overrated. Not until they stop getting destroyed by us in bowls every year.
    Using past success as your argument is precisely why the SEC is overrated. Like this year teams like Florida start ranked, and make SOS look better...

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Well that didn't work out and likely will cost Michigan State points.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •