Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 111
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,759
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Using past success as your argument is precisely why the SEC is overrated. Like this year teams like Florida start ranked, and make SOS look better...
    That doesn't make it overrated. Your Argument is weak.

    It just means preseason polls are pointless. Didn't the Big 10 have 5 ranked teams in week 1? And now 2. Can't call SEC overrated because Florida failed.

    Yes last year has no bearing on this year. my Auburn tigers are the perfect example in opposite fashion of your Florida argument.

    But until Big 10 wins a majority of the 5 bowls we play them in every year we can't be called overrated.

    If we lose over half our bowl games then yes you are right.

    If we don't then you can't complain about preseason polls.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Using past success as your argument is precisely why the SEC is overrated. Like this year teams like Florida start ranked, and make SOS look better...
    Interesting. I always thought success is what you would use to rate a team or anything else for that matter.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You sound pessimistic as me when watching your team.

    By the way Auburn wins very week passing 11 times or less.

    Passing is overrated in college. Not many teams can slow the read option anymore.
    I love the Buckeyes, but its all about the Broncos to me. I'll get over this but if Denver loses in a situation like this its a year long hangover.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,759
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I love the Buckeyes, but its all about the Broncos to me. I'll get over this but if Denver loses in a situation like this its a year long hangover.
    Agreed 100%. Same for me. But at least the Broncos can't get voted out of the SB.

    At this point in the game it looks like neither of us is getting any sleep tonight.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I love the Buckeyes, but its all about the Broncos to me. I'll get over this but if Denver loses in a situation like this its a year long hangover.
    Shoot, I'm still hung over from XXIV.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    You have nothing to worry about now. Hey I'm rooting for Auburn, I can't stand Florida St....

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    WOOOOOHOOOO! Well that did it!
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Interesting. I always thought success is what you would use to rate a team or anything else for that matter.
    Living off past success is not how you rate a team, otherwise teams like Princeton and Yale should be the best because they have NCAA titles...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Congrats to the Auburn fans, well done.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    That doesn't make it overrated. Your Argument is weak.

    It just means preseason polls are pointless. Didn't the Big 10 have 5 ranked teams in week 1? And now 2. Can't call SEC overrated because Florida failed.

    Yes last year has no bearing on this year. my Auburn tigers are the perfect example in opposite fashion of your Florida argument.

    But until Big 10 wins a majority of the 5 bowls we play them in every year we can't be called overrated.

    If we lose over half our bowl games then yes you are right.

    If we don't then you can't complain about preseason polls.
    SEC teams get rated higher simply because they are in the SEC. SEC claims to be that great then you add Big 12 teams like a&m and mizzou and behold they are in discussion for tops in the conference and country...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Living off past success is not how you rate a team, otherwise teams like Princeton and Yale should be the best because they have NCAA titles...
    Hmmm, how many titles have those schools won lately? Pretty sure the SEC has the last 7 and a chance to get the 8th. In case that went over your head, I was referring to RECENT success. Not something that happened decades ago. Which conference is it that you think is better than the SEC?
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    Florida State University!!!!!!!!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Congratulations, Auburn fans. Massive turn around from a year ago. Now go kick Florida State's rear end.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Hmmm, how many titles have those schools won lately? Pretty sure the SEC has the last 7 and a chance to get the 8th. In case that went over your head, I was referring to RECENT success. Not something that happened decades ago. Which conference is it that you think is better than the SEC?
    Ok ND should be a top tier team just last year they made it all the way to the NC game. I never said any conference was better, just the SEC was overrated. You can be the best yet still be overrated. ..

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Ok ND should be a top tier team just last year they made it all the way to the NC game. I never said any conference was better, just the SEC was overrated. You can be the best yet still be overrated. ..
    What conference is better then?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •