Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,812

    Winston Heisman winner

    Winston won the Heisman today, the youngest winner in history at 19 years old.

    Putting aside the accusations this kid is crazy good ... read some of his stats

    http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10138854

    GO NOLES!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,989
    Considering he was left off a bunch of ballots, and still had that wide of a margin is incredible. That said Andre Williams needs more love IMO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,136
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Considering he was left off a bunch of ballots, and still had that wide of a margin is incredible. That said Andre Williams needs more love IMO
    More love? Lol. He finished second. The only more love he could get would be to win.

    The man who got completely disrespected is Tre Mason.

    Go ahead and call me bias but most sites had him as a lock for second. Then he finishes 6th. And AJ McCarron finishes third? The Heisman is a complete joke these days. They just voted their second straight kid with 0 integrity. And it's all a popularity contest

    No one was taking Tre Mason or Auburn seriously till the final two weeks. Now they don't want to show they screwed up not knowing about him all year. So they vote him 6th to pretend like he wasn't good. He had 1600 yards in the SEC. 1600!!!

    Not taking anything away from Williams. 2,000 is beast. But Mason had 5 more TD's.

    Anyways the only part I'm mad about is Mason all the way down at 6th behind guys like McCarron, Manziel and Lynch. It's a complete joke.

    McCarron had nothing going for him but career record as a starter. No one ever talks about his stats because they suck.

    End rant

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,462
    Sorry, can't put aside the accusations. After hearing that news conference the other day from the victim's attorney, I'm more convinced than ever that something is very, very amiss here.

    You can all rag on me all you want but I totally believe he raped that woman. Why were there two sets of medical records? The medical records directly from the hospital indicated a sexual assault and listed out injuries. The medical records released by the state had all of that redacted.

    Why were her clothes not tested for Winston's DNA? Why didn't they collect Winston's phone, text and computer records, but collected hers? Why wasn't her blood tested? Why was the chain of evidence broken? Why did the TPD wait a year to interview witnesses?

    I'm sorry, something smells rotten here. Another rapist gets away with it and I'm sick of it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,989
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    More love? Lol. He finished second. The only more love he could get would be to win.

    The man who got completely disrespected is Tre Mason.

    Go ahead and call me bias but most sites had him as a lock for second. Then he finishes 6th. And AJ McCarron finishes third? The Heisman is a complete joke these days. They just voted their second straight kid with 0 integrity. And it's all a popularity contest

    No one was taking Tre Mason or Auburn seriously till the final two weeks. Now they don't want to show they screwed up not knowing about him all year. So they vote him 6th to pretend like he wasn't good. He had 1600 yards in the SEC. 1600!!!

    Not taking anything away from Williams. 2,000 is beast. But Mason had 5 more TD's.

    Anyways the only part I'm mad about is Mason all the way down at 6th behind guys like McCarron, Manziel and Lynch. It's a complete joke.

    McCarron had nothing going for him but career record as a starter. No one ever talks about his stats because they suck.

    End rant
    According to ESPN Williams finished 4th behind McArron(2nd) and Lynch(3rd). Also Mason may have more TDs, but Williams statistically is the best RB statistically to be a Heisman finalist in the last 10 years. Williams had nearly 500 more yards in 1 less game.
    Last edited by the0rangecrush; 12-15-2013 at 07:51 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Sorry, can't put aside the accusations. After hearing that news conference the other day from the victim's attorney, I'm more convinced than ever that something is very, very amiss here.

    You can all rag on me all you want but I totally believe he raped that woman. Why were there two sets of medical records? The medical records directly from the hospital indicated a sexual assault and listed out injuries. The medical records released by the state had all of that redacted.

    Why were her clothes not tested for Winston's DNA? Why didn't they collect Winston's phone, text and computer records, but collected hers? Why wasn't her blood tested? Why was the chain of evidence broken? Why did the TPD wait a year to interview witnesses?

    I'm sorry, something smells rotten here. Another rapist gets away with it and I'm sick of it.
    Agree 100%. I cannot help but feel it was all swept under the rug and this only clarifies why it was swept under the rug.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Sorry, can't put aside the accusations. After hearing that news conference the other day from the victim's attorney, I'm more convinced than ever that something is very, very amiss here.

    You can all rag on me all you want but I totally believe he raped that woman. Why were there two sets of medical records? The medical records directly from the hospital indicated a sexual assault and listed out injuries. The medical records released by the state had all of that redacted.

    Why were her clothes not tested for Winston's DNA? Why didn't they collect Winston's phone, text and computer records, but collected hers? Why wasn't her blood tested? Why was the chain of evidence broken? Why did the TPD wait a year to interview witnesses?

    I'm sorry, something smells rotten here. Another rapist gets away with it and I'm sick of it.
    I'm sorry but that whole statement right there shows me you read zero pages of the police report that was filed the day it happened and that you haven't followed this story in the least bit other than what ESPN has spoon fed you.

    If you followed the story at all you would have your answers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Agree 100%. I cannot help but feel it was all swept under the rug and this only clarifies why it was swept under the rug.
    So FSU has power over the police, the state attorney and the hospital? Get your tinfoil hats out guys.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,995
    And for the record I'm an FSU fan but I've said from day 1 if he did it I want him off the team. However if people actually followed this story from minute one and read half the stuff I have seen on her end from police reports and current students you'd all have a very different opnion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,989
    Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    And for the record I'm an FSU fan but I've said from day 1 if he did it I want him off the team. However if people actually followed this story from minute one and read half the stuff I have seen on her end from police reports and current students you'd all have a very different opnion.
    You lost me at current students, current students also said Hernandez was a great person.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    You lost me at current students, current students also said Hernandez was a great person.
    I said on her end. I don't know anything about Winston's character but plenty have commented on hers and what she's about.

    Listen I'm not going to debate it. People have already made their minds up on what they believe happened and nothing will clear him at this point. All I'm saying is that it's disheartening that people are more than willing to believe her even though there are so many holes to her story but when the process works for Winston case and people discredit everyone involved.

    I'm done.

    Congrats Jameis.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,989
    Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    I said on her end. I don't know anything about Winston's character but plenty have commented on hers and what she's about.

    Listen I'm not going to debate it. People have already made their minds up on what they believe happened and nothing will clear him at this point. All I'm saying is that it's disheartening that people are more than willing to believe her even though there are so many holes to her story but when the process works for Winston case and people discredit everyone involved.

    I'm done.

    Congrats Jameis.
    Ok just be aware you are flirting with victim blaming here, and you'll probably catch flak for it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Ok just be aware you are flirting with victim blaming here, and you'll probably catch flak for it.
    I'm fully aware of that and from one instance I've heard it wouldn't suprise me if she's out to get him. But that is neither here or there. I have a very strong stance on this situation is all. I've allowed the system to decide what happened or didn't happen and I've backed Mr. Meggs investigation on it no matter the outcome. Like I said, if there was evidence that he commited a crime I'd be all for charging him and letting the courts decide, however that wasn't the case and now I have backed Mr. Meggs decision.

    It's just frustrating that people truly believe that it's some big conspiracy against the alleged victim. Willie Meggs has more than proven his distaste for FSU football players over the past with muptiple charges. So when people say somebody like him is in on it it's laughable.
    Last edited by martz11; 12-16-2013 at 09:06 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,462
    Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    I'm sorry but that whole statement right there shows me you read zero pages of the police report that was filed the day it happened and that you haven't followed this story in the least bit other than what ESPN has spoon fed you.

    If you followed the story at all you would have your answers.
    You are actually very wrong there. I have followed this story very closely and not just from ESPN has "spoon-fed" me.

    There is a lot wrong with this case and it stinks to high heaven. I'm not going to go through all the points here with you as it will be useless.

    I have been in the sexual assault field for well over 25 years and I know how rape investigations should go. I know how forensic medical exams should be done. I know how and when and within what time-frame blood and urine samples should be collected for date rape drugs. I know what the chain of evidence should look like. I know what timeframe witnesses should be interviewed by. I know that evidence of computer, text and phone messages should be collected from the potential suspect and not just the victim, I know that medical records should not be submitted without its true findings and clinical impressions erased, and on and on.

    And in this case, NONE of this was done in the manner up to protocol. So excuse me for saying something stinks to high heaven because it does. And, if you don't think that a system like FSU can influence something like this, you are nave. Happens all the time. Does Penn State come to mind?

    I have worked on many college campuses. You would not believe what they do to overlook and shut down rape allegations. Happens every single day. And more than not, it's the victim who winds up being the one blamed, asked to leave the school or scrutinized.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,136
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    According to ESPN Williams finished 4th behind McArron(2nd) and Lynch(3rd). Also Mason may have more TDs, but Williams statistically is the best RB statistically to be a Heisman finalist in the last 10 years. Williams had nearly 500 more yards in 1 less game.
    You read wrong. Williams finished second, McCarron third and lynch 4th.

    I'm ok with Williams finishing second. Like I said 2,000 yards is beast mode even if it was against a really weak slate. I would argue 1600 yards in the SEC is basically 2,000 anywhere else.

    But like I said being behind Williams I can live with. The guy earned it. He probably should've been Heisman with those stats. The Heisman is a complete joke popularity contest now anyway. Everyone wants it to be qb's now because it's a QB driven sport


    The main issue I had is Mason finishing 6th due to early ballot submittals. I think having early submittals is part of the reason the Heisman is a complete joke.

    I mean you're telling me Winston won Heisman even if he had laid a complete dud against Duke and lost?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •