Rockies acquire Drew Stubbs from Indians

http://news.rotowire.com/Drew-Stubbs...9595-spmlb.htm

Gives us depth, but I'm not sure if I really like this move.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

We gave them Josh Outman.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

We also gave away Herrera and Jon Heyman for Franklin Morales again and Chris Martin.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...eparate-trades

Team's gonna look a lot different.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

not particularly happy bout giving up johnny - mr reliable

They're just going to win 73 games with a different group, say it will take a few years to build, then start the process all over again in 2016. Wash, rinse, repeat. But hey, they have an awesome party palace in right field so you can drink your concerns away!!!

I think they'll win 80-85 games next season. Could even be 90. Who knows. Weiss should be a little better and they are trying to make the team better. They've got a bunch of sub-par to midlevel outfielders after Cuddy and Cargo, maybe they'll make a move for a better right fielder, or do something for a better 2b than Lemahieu.

Morneau imo will flourish at Coors, and his field percentage at first is 1/1000th lower than Todd's since 2003.

They do have one glaring thing in common, though: Their fielding prowess at first base. Since 2003, Morneau's fielding percentage (.996) is second to only Helton (.997).
    That, and he's fully healthy coming into this season for the first time in several years. I think we will have a big season, pending how bad CarGo and Tulo's inevitable 2nd half slumps are.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-base/4018041/
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I think they'll win 80-85 games next season. Could even be 90. Who knows. Weiss should be a little better and they are trying to make the team better. They've got a bunch of sub-par to midlevel outfielders after Cuddy and Cargo, maybe they'll make a move for a better right fielder, or do something for a better 2b than Lemahieu.

Morneau imo will flourish at Coors, and his field percentage at first is 1/1000th lower than Todd's since 2003.

That, and he's fully healthy coming into this season for the first time in several years. I think we will have a big season, pending how bad CarGo and Tulo's inevitable 2nd half slumps are.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-base/4018041/
    I highly doubt we win that much. We will win 70-75 again.

We still don't have adequate starting pitching, the bullpen is still a mystery (Hawkins will be a good closer, Brothers is very good but what else? Belisle is on the downside big time, Lopez was awful last year and Logan is nothing special IMO.)

We have upgraded at the 1B position (not saying much), and Morneau is still a huge question mark.

I don't trust DJ and Rutledge as starting 2b.....

We have downgraded our OF significantly.

And to boot we have a bad manager....

Sorry if i'm not overly optmistic.
    Last edited by The Experience; 12-19-2013 at 07:43 PM.