Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Lets not forget that we went 5-0 when Von when on Suspension. Now I'm not saying he hasn't brought anything to our D but he hasn't been the same Von Miller we had last year. It would hurt to lose him though.

Quote Originally Posted by PFM2013 View Post
    The odds of players (NFL or what-have-you), coming back from surgically repaired torn ACL's in an 8 month span is considered less than optimal in the medical field, it's not like I am painting that statistic personally, it's merely common knowledge. AP/RGIII returned at "contact" 9 months after their respective surgeries, which was considered in the medical field pretty extraordinary considering the injury.

I recommend reading up on it, as opposed to trying to belittle my response. I can tell you I am far more educated on the matter than you are. Start here and learn, Dr. James Andrews is the Guru when it comes to the injury.
    Rg3 tore it in January and came back for the season opener, that isn't nine months, ap tore his in December and was back for the season opener.

Hell Phillip rivers played a playoff game with a torn acl and didn't miss any time next season either. He returned three months after his surgery
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 12-22-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We're hardly just "without Von" though. Von is the latest in a string of crippling injuries that just don't seem to want to end.
    And the Pats have also undergone a "crippling string" of injuries. They are in position to make the SB again. The Broncos have to make do with what is dealt to them.

I recommend reading it up on, as opposed to trying to belittle my response. I can tell you I am far more educated on the matter than you are. Start here and learn, Dr. James Andrews is the Guru when it comes to the injury.
    It's funny that you assume you know far more than me without knowing my background or knowledge on the subject. That's the typical attitude of someone who thinks they know far more than they actually do. It's also a bit telling that you think the "Long Island Newsday" is apparently the source to reference on ACL injuries.

It's clear from your prior response that you are certainly far from any sort of expert on the subject. I have my doubts that any respected medical professional would make the claims you made in such absolute terms.

If the ACL is torn, small or large, Von will in fact miss next year as well. It's a 10-12 month recovery from an ACL tear, no matter the size. I tend to somewhat see this everyday, as I perform MRI's almost everyday for a well known Ortho group in Cali, and can tell you if the ACL is torn he will be out all next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Rg3 tore it in January and came back for the season opener, that isn't nine months, ap tore his in December and was back for the season opener.

Hell Phillip rivers played a playoff game with a torn acl and didn't miss any time next season either
    Umm no. RGIII had his surgery on January 9th ; the season opener was September 8th. (PS he tore the ACL is December). Same for AP, had surgery in early January, and didn't play till opening day, which was also, in September. /le sigh
    Last edited by PFM2013; 12-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    He's walking, no ice, no pain.....

Acl he would be floored. Somethings not adding up
    ACL injury should have had some swelling soon after leaving the game. MRI to check soft tissue ligaments/cartilage/tendons and see how it feels to run. Maybe sitting out for three weeks might help.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by dbjeff View Post
    It's funny that you assume you know far more than me without knowing my background or knowledge on the subject. That's the typical attitude of someone who thinks they know far more than they actually do. It's also a bit telling that you think the "Long Island Newsday" is apparently the source to reference on ACL injuries.

It's clear from your prior response that you are certainly far from any sort of expert on the subject. I have my doubts that any respected medical professional would make the claims you made in such absolute terms.
    The host of the link is irrelevant, if you had finished reading comprehension 101, you would have understood I was referencing Dr. James Andrews comments on the matter. Your semantics attack, makes your comments quite amusing. Continue on offering no facts.

I also edited my original post, as I did have to give credit to the "few" who have come back from surgically repaired ACL's sooner than the norm. But if you want a pie graph, by all means, read up on Dr. James Andrews who just happens to be the best physician on the matter in the world.

Every ACL injury is different. It all comes down to the individual, and the doctor's decision.

I know from experience, I had a complete ligament tear (not partial, but completely torn) wrestling my freshman year of high school in November, and I was running, and working out again by April.

It's not entirely true to expect that all ACL injuries are the same, because they are not. In this day and age, repairing and healing ACL's can be done in many different ways, like I said it all comes down to the individual and his doctors.

Umm no. RGIII had his surgery on January 9th ; the season opener was September 8th. (PS he tore the ACL is December). Same for AP, had surgery in early January, and didn't play till opening day, which was also, in September. /le sigh
    Ap returned to practice less than eight months from his surgery, 235 days to be exact. He came back August 14th

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Ap returned to practice less than eight months from his surgery, 235 days to be exact. He came back August 14th
    Not with contact he didn't.

/cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ACL injury should have had some swelling soon after leaving the game. MRI to check soft tissue ligaments/cartilage/tendons and see how it feels to run. Maybe sitting out for three weeks might help.
    And might I add that by walking on a possible torn Acl your going to do more damage.

Are team doctors are the best in the business and would not let Miller risk further damage to area by walking on the injury if indeed they felt it was some type of ligament damage.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    And might I add that by walking on a possible torn Acl your going to do more damage.

Are team doctors are the best in the business and would not let Miller risk further damage to area by walking on the injury if indeed they felt it was some type of ligament damage.
    Umm, this applies to everyone.

You can walk on it when it happens.

Unless its easy to tell it happened, and you get carted off.

@VicLombardi
    Von Miller doubtful to play in Oakland. Initial diagnosis is a knee sprain. They'll throw that knee in the MRI tube tomorrow to make certain

lets pray its just that n win next week n hopefully back by 1st playoff game....

Not with contact he didn't.

/cheers.
    He was cleared for full activity on August 15th.

But if you don't want to go with that, explain Christine Michael coming back in 5 months from a torn acl or rivers in 3 months. Or better yet, name a football player that missed the following season after tearing his acl

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 4m

Von Miller doubtful to play in Oakland. Initial diagnosis is a knee sprain. They'll throw that knee in the MRI tube tomorrow to make certain