Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kansas City Chiefs As Metaphor

All season long, knowledgeable football fans observed that KC's early season shinning record came from playing below-average teams. This fact became rapidly obvious when KC faced stout competition.

All season long, Denver's penalty-prone Defense made even mediocre QBs look elite; pass-rush was entirely lifeless, and Secondary looked bewildered and ineffective.

Yet, optimistic fans think there is a magic switch.
    Last edited by spirited_Cheer; 01-05-2014 at 11:10 AM.

That's a far cry from a spirited cheer

Your point?

I think the point is that Denver's defense will still suck in the playoffs

This is a new member. Let's give him/her a chance to explain without getting nasty, okay?

Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

There's not a "magic switch", but there's adjustments to be made and a game to be played. If I remember correctly we aren't the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    This is a new member. Let's give him/her a chance to explain without getting nasty, okay?

Thanks.
    I don't feel like the responses were nasty towards him.

However if his point is we should expect to lose like the Chiefs did then my response is

"Oh ok, it's pointless for me to root for my team next week. We have no chance because our D was middle of the pack"

Let's all go home. No point to discuss playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

However if his point is we should expect to lose like the Chiefs did then my response is

"Oh ok, it's pointless for me to root for my team next week. We have no chance because our D was middle of the pack"
    One response was removed

I think having the greatest QB of all time (arguably) at the helm and the greatest offense of all time (statistically) can ease worries a little. That being said, even Elway needed a decent defense to get over the hump. I just look at the games we have played. Even when we lost we were competitive the whole time. Mistakes on both sides of the ball caused issues, and even then we never got blown out. I am confident in a good game against whoever we play.
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

Let's all go home. No point to discuss playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    One response was removed
    ^^^What he said.

If this turns out to be a smack thread (if that's the OP's intention), then it will be moved. I just like to give new people a chance, you know? I don't like to chase them away unless they deserve to be chased.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Penalties can be corrected and knowledge/chemistry can be gained. Even with those problems we still beat some good teams and were in a position to win them all.

However the chiefs won "easy" games and lost their tougher ones. It's a lot harder to play well against good teams than it is to eliminate mental mistakes.

I don't think this is a good "metaphor" at all

I fully expect our defense to continue sucking. Last team with the ball wins.

People underestimate our defense and it's hilarious.

Spoiled little fans want everything perfect. There are plenty of teams with worse defenses than us, and every single offense ever is worse than our offense. I like our odds.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I fully expect our defense to continue sucking. Last team with the ball wins.
    Well, Im hoping that they suck a little less, lol. I hope that even though the last two games were against the Texans and Raiders, the improvement that occurred from the 4th quarter of the Texans game through the first half of the Raiders game was actually real. Even though we lost Von, it is good to have Champ back, I feel like his presence has helped more than I thought it would. In other words, I am hopeful

Again, over the last 4 games the Broncos opponents have averaged less than 200 yards a game passing (that does include P. Rivers). Yes the Broncos had a bad game against the run here against the Chargers and they made some stupid mistakes/penalties that allowed SD to convert a couple of 3rd downs, at a crucial time in the game. Defense, total yards is ranked 19th in the regular season while the Colts are ranked 20th ... SD is 23rd; KC was actually even lower ranked. *The Broncos are tied for 7th with Seattle against the run, only 6 teams gave up less yards... The Broncos are tied with S.F. and Seattle in average yards per run(3.9). The Broncos as a team do give up a lot of points and early in the season the pass D was bad, not as bad now.
    Everything is relative, the Broncos D statistically are actually ranked higher than SD or IND. Strength of schedule ? the Broncos had 4 games against playoff teams, just in divisional games ... the Colts played TEN, JAX and HOU twice; 6 games against some of the worst teams in the NFL this year. Other than the Bengals, none of the AFC teams have that great a defense statistically.
    Statistically, the Broncos have gotten better on defense over the last few games, getting a little better these next games doesn't equal a "magic switch" its closer to building up to a better defense ... hopefully