Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jake Plummer? did you sell your Kyle Orton jersey on Ebay?

Jerry Rice ‏@JerryRice 1h

What a day for Peyton Manning. #Broncos

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 1h

Congratulations to Peyton Manning. Greatest season of all time. For one of the greatest players, and people, that ever played. #Broncos
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Quote Originally Posted by GoManning View Post
    Jerry Rice ‏@JerryRice 1h

What a day for Peyton Manning. #Broncos

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 1h

Congratulations to Peyton Manning. Greatest season of all time. For one of the greatest players, and people, that ever played. #Broncos
    Interesting that Greenie said this. A couple of weeks ago he was saying that Manning looked old, that we weren't going anywhere and that he should retire.

It actually could have been better.... Brock was put in 2 halves this year cuz we had big leads...

Imagine if you will, all the records Manning breaks then he wins the Superbowl on top of it all. Wonder if he would retire a BRONCO?? Who cares, we are AFC champs, #1 seed and the best scoring team in NFL HISTORY!!! GIDDY UP!!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!

I only wished he would have played one series in the 2nd half to extend the yardage record beyond 5500 yards and possibly throw a 56th TD pass. But it's a great accomplishment either way. I love the fact that he broke both the yardage and TD record in the same season. That hasn't been done since Mario did it nearly 30 years ago.

It's a privilege to have seen it unfold throughout the season, even if it was for any other team. The fact that it was for the Broncos makes it that extra bit special. Peyton!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/will-t...eytons-record/

He should have played one more drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    I'm a little nervous that they will adjust a stat and take it away
    Well get nervous cause there is a play to Decker that looks like a lateral for a 7 yard gain. It's going around on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
    I only wished he would have played one series in the 2nd half to extend the yardage record beyond 5500 yards and possibly throw a 56th TD pass. But it's a great accomplishment either way. I love the fact that he broke both the yardage and TD record in the same season. That hasn't been done since Mario did it nearly 30 years ago.

I felt the same way seeing him on the bench to start the second half!

But congrats no less!!!

And if ESPN was your only source for NFL news, I wouldn't know have anything about it with all these coach firings, and they don't seem to ever shut up about the Dallas Cowboys. They should just rename "First Take" to "The Dallas Cowboy's Show with Skip Bayless, featuring The NFC East & Stephen A. Smith."

OMG, you should hear what they are saying up here in the Boston sports media. They are appalled that it was obvious that the Broncos were running up the score and having Manning throw the ball rather than run it when we got into the EZ solely to get Manning the records and that we need to "be called out" on it. What the hell do we need to be called out on?

It's not like we kept Manning in the 2nd half. If we wanted to run up the score, we certainly could have done that.

Are you freaking kidding me. The sports media in Boston is calling out the Broncos for running up a score????? Really???? Like BB and the Pats don't do this???

They said when the Patriots were going for records they were doing in the context of playing for something (undefeated season) and it was meaningful, while us going for the record was just padding for stats. Ugh, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Question Total offensive yards in a season

Going into Week 17's game against the Raiders we were hot on the heels of the #2 team (2011 Saints, IIRC?). And I know a lot of records did fall yesterday. Does anyone know how we finished in that regard?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    Well get nervous cause there is a play to Decker that looks like a lateral for a 7 yard gain. It's going around on twitter.
    I've watched that play four times. It definitely was a forward pass. People are just being whiny.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

I love how the media is looking for any way to minimize Manning's monumental accomplishments this season.